View Full Version : Those red phone booths in the UK in Epcot...?

White Rose
04-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Did you know you can actually CALL them? I was on another message board and discovered this! Apparently, if no one picks up after about six or seven rings, it goes to a fax machine type of noise, but it's worth a try! Or, you can always play a trick on people who go to pose in the booths for a photo op! ;)

The number is 407-827-9863 and it's for the center booth. Good luck and report back here if you get an answer!

Two other numbers you can try:

407-827-9861
407-827-9862

ETA: Just tried and got someone on the 9863#! It's hilarious!

disneymom15
04-26-2011, 04:06 PM
I didn't know that! Thanks for the info. Next time we're there we'll have to call the number from our cell phones.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-26-2011, 05:04 PM
That's awesome

gerald72
04-26-2011, 05:59 PM
That's great

crltkcagle
04-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Thats Neat!

magicofdisney
04-26-2011, 08:52 PM
I might try this next time. :mickey:

BrerGnat
04-26-2011, 09:03 PM
That's pretty funny! Thanks for sharing!

Dopey's Girl
04-26-2011, 09:19 PM
That is so funny! It needs a camera too so you can see peoples reactions when it rings!

A Big Kid
04-26-2011, 09:33 PM
That IS funny! I just called and talked to two women from Japan.

elmjimmlm
04-26-2011, 09:34 PM
I am definitely going to try this in August!!!

A Big Kid
04-26-2011, 09:39 PM
I just called it again. I asked for Prince William and the person said he was not there. I called back and said, "This is Prince William, has anyone called for me?"

DisneyPrincess21
04-26-2011, 09:43 PM
I just called it again. I asked for Prince William and the person said he was not there. I called back and said, "This is Prince William, has anyone called for me?"

Ha! Love it! :thumbsup:

White Rose
04-26-2011, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I thought it was awesome. Apparently, one tip is to try to call during Illuminations and see if someone will hold the phone up for you so you can hear the music! :thumbsup:

Disney-4-Me
04-27-2011, 12:24 AM
I am already planning a joke for my 10 year old nephew when we are walking past in the Fall.:mickey: Thanks for the number.:thumbsup:

Stitch98
04-27-2011, 08:36 AM
That is very funny!:laughing:

Jim&AngieMarriner
04-27-2011, 09:23 AM
This is great! There are so many possibilities with theis. Jokes, Disney fix to get you through the visits, anything really. Thanks for the tip.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-27-2011, 10:10 AM
yes, I can wait until my son goes in December and call...he will be shocked to hear me on the line

mook3y
04-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Just added these to my contacts for future use. :mickey:

waymickey
04-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Cool - Last august while we were there the phone rang and my husband was inside a woman from the UK asked him how he liked the garden. after hanging up it rang again about a minute later and I picked it up and it was a little girl from the mid west. We thought it was Disney Employs making some magic becuase it seemed to ring when we got close to the phone. We just assumed a CM could see us and was making the phone ring. Now that I know that it really is people from,.. well anywhere it is even cooler.

JasonH
04-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Added all 3 into my cell. Gonna have to try it out on my oldest niece next time I'm down there.....shoot, I might try it out on a total stranger just for the fun of it. :rotfl:

biodtl
04-27-2011, 01:12 PM
My friends were down there last month and texted me when they were near the booths. I called & they had their 5 yo daughter answer & she had a nice long talk with "Belle"

big blue and hairy
04-27-2011, 01:21 PM
I just put the number in my cell phone!

:sulley:

SuzieBell
04-27-2011, 02:05 PM
That is so funny! It needs a camera too so you can see peoples reactions when it rings!

That's what I was thinking too! When they answer tell them their Fish & Chips are ready! Yes - you in the blue shirt! :D

I've added all numbers to my phone too! 42 more days!! I'm going to surprise my son! It will be his birthday!

Melanie
04-27-2011, 04:34 PM
My son just had a hilarious conversation with a lady from Ohio. She couldn't believe we were calling from North Carolina (we're here on vacation). They were having a lovely time. What a hoot! Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
04-27-2011, 04:42 PM
I was hoping DS wouldn't see this thread so that I could have some fun with him on our upcoming trip, but he spied it. I guess maybe I'll have to get DH to go "pose for a picture" while DS hides around the corner & calls him . . . :D A very fun hidden treasure! :mickey:

Joannelet
04-27-2011, 05:31 PM
This is hilarious!!!

DisneyPrincess21
04-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I thought it was awesome. Apparently, one tip is to try to call during Illuminations and see if someone will hold the phone up for you so you can hear the music! :thumbsup:

I think I might try that tonight :secret:

caryrae
04-27-2011, 07:30 PM

Isn't he in a can with Price Albert? :)

Man I bet you could get some people to do weird things if you said you were a Disney CM.

mook3y
04-27-2011, 08:36 PM
lol our family just chatted with a tourist visiting from Japan and wished a little girl to have a great time watching the fireworks.

they thought it was hillarious someone was calling.

:party:

mgmnut
04-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Just added these to my contacts for future use. :mickey:

I added them to mine too. Can't wait to get down in July and play a joke on the kids!!

Frog
04-29-2011, 09:23 AM
DD#2 and I were hanging around watching DD#1 finish tennis practice yesterday. We decided to call while hanging around... DD#2 called, got a young boy (10ish) named Andrew. She then preceded to put on her best Cinderelly voice and began visiting and asking questions (have you been to my castle yet?) It was a hoot! The boy played along and said they would be around for four more days and he hoped to see her later on! Very fun! I would say that this could be a great way to cash in on someone elses trip to help tide us over till our next visit!

Pop Centurion
04-29-2011, 08:26 PM
This is so cool! I need to think of a good prank to pull on my wife in Sept. Maybe I'll text my sister to call the phone so it will ring while I get my wife to pose inside for a pic. hen she answers & someone asks for her she will be shocked.

beksy
05-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Lol...this is great! I am already thinking of ways to use this on future trips. :mickey: Maybe a little prank on my DF (then DH?) :thedolls:

Fastpasssteve
05-01-2011, 01:42 PM
I am looking forward to trying this on our next trip down in July. It would be a cool prank on my friends.

NJGIRL
05-01-2011, 01:59 PM
This is what I love about Disney!

I just called and ask for Prince William too!

In fact I did it two different times. It was so funny on my end, but the people who answered just seemed really confused.:funny:

johnO
05-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Disney Magic....

added all three numbers to my phone..:)

luvdiznee
05-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Did you know you can actually CALL them? I was on another message board and discovered this! Apparently, if no one picks up after about six or seven rings, it goes to a fax machine type of noise, but it's worth a try! Or, you can always play a trick on people who go to pose in the booths for a photo op! ;)

The number is 407-827-9863 and it's for the center booth. Good luck and report back here if you get an answer!

Two other numbers you can try:

407-827-9861
407-827-9862

ETA: Just tried and got someone on the 9863#! It's hilarious!

We actually found this out last week, when were there. We didn't call anyone, but I did get a picture of DD in there.

Melanie
05-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Okay, I'm almost embarrassed to tell you that my son called them today while we were there standing right in front of the phone booths! :blush:

CosmicRay
05-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Hmmmmm, I have a friend there right now and I told her to call me when she gets to the phone booths and I would add a little magic to her kid's' day. I thought I'd try the numbers, we got them last September from a guest who was calling someone on the phones as a joke. Anyway, I get a loud beeping noise then silence when I call all three numbers. Anyone else have this problem?

ann0d
05-22-2011, 11:05 AM
We called one night. It was so funny. The first time we called and ask to have fish and chips delivered and the guy said you have the wrong number. I said isn't this the phone booth near the Rose and Crown? He said yes, and I said would you mind going and ask them to deliver to PA. He hung up. We tried it again and the guy just hung up on us.

princessjojo
05-22-2011, 08:13 PM
We did it tonight!! It was so funny. Actually the guy picked up and hung up on me the first time so I just called back. He answered and was truly surprised there was a real person on the other end. He said he was actually expecting a Disney recording when he picked up. He was a Florida native. We just both laughed, kept to quick small talk and hung up.

Cinderelley
05-23-2011, 03:15 AM

:funny::rotfl:

MrPeetrie
05-23-2011, 07:15 AM
I tried one and it was a fax no.

Frog
05-23-2011, 01:54 PM
If you get the fax buzz, it just rang too long before anyone picked up.. try again in a few minutes!
We have had a ball with this! Hoping the calls don't show up on our cell phone bills!!!

Suz36
05-25-2011, 08:18 PM
I can't wait to try this out! I know DH will love messing with our kids with this info. Thanks for sharing!

MongoMil
05-28-2011, 08:26 PM
That was to fun. Just called one of the numbers and a woman answered. Freaked her out at first took a second for her to actually resopond but then talked for a few and then she gave it to her daughter. The daugher really didnt have a clue what to say so I told her to have a great time at Illuminations and have some fish and chips for me. That was great.:D:D

cfoshe
05-29-2011, 06:16 PM
We have called a couple of times today. Most of the time they hang up real quick. My daughter just talked to someone from mexico and carried on a conversation for 5 min.
:D

johnO
05-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Ive tried calling three times in the past. Havent gotten a response yet

QTPie68
06-01-2011, 02:40 AM
Last time I was in Epcot, I sat across from the phones, next to the pub. I called several times, as people walked by, or went into the booth, it was too funny. Next to me was a couple from Australia and they were enjoying it too, watching the people walk by and hear the phone and then trying to decide if they wanted to answer it. :D

dangerman
06-01-2011, 05:41 AM
Hi all, I have decided to get involved on here. I haven't been on much since I registered last year.

Anyway, there was a radio show in Orlando (I think it was on Heartbeat radio?) who call these numbers up often and play games with the people who picked up. I don't know if they still do that but it was very funny to listen to.

luvdiznee
06-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Last time I was in Epcot, I sat across from the phones, next to the pub. I called several times, as people walked by, or went into the booth, it was too funny. Next to me was a couple from Australia and they were enjoying it too, watching the people walk by and hear the phone and then trying to decide if they wanted to answer it. :D

OMG, that is too funny. I am going to definitely do that on our next time down there. :marg:

Ian
06-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Tried this successfully last week and had some fun with it. It works!

MickeysEars
06-13-2011, 03:59 PM
I just called and got 2 differnt people, they seem less than amused...I would LOVE if the phone rang while I was there!!!

mouseketeer mom
06-13-2011, 04:04 PM

That is hysterical!! We're thinking of a good one..I think DD is going to "be" Pippa Middleton!hahaha!

Ramblingman
06-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Ackk! We were just there a couple of weeks ago and this was one thing I forgot!

I did get pictures of my daughter standing in one with the door closed and open.

On the picture of the door open, I put in a caption - it's bigger on the inside.

That's a Doctor Who reference for those who did not catch it.

UCJen
06-13-2011, 10:29 PM

I did get pictures of my daughter standing in one with the door closed and open.

On the picture of the door open, I put in a caption - it's bigger on the inside.

Tardis. ;)

I had no idea you could call the phone box. That's pretty funny. My husband is from England. I should have him call and mess with someone. :secret:

Ramblingman
06-14-2011, 07:42 AM
I had no idea you could call the phone box. That's pretty funny. My husband is from England. I should have him call and mess with someone. :secret:

Great idea! He could say he is from Arkansas. When they say but you have a British accent, he could deny it and say the phone must be changing his accent.

Not2Loud
06-14-2011, 10:07 AM
This post just made my day!

laprana
06-14-2011, 12:42 PM
We did this on our trip a couple weeks ago and it was hilarious! I can't remember the last time I've laughed so hard! My mom had a 10-minute conversation with a little boy, who was maybe 5 or 6 years old, who answered the phone (and we were just across the street so we watched him as he talked). She started off by asking him if he could tell her where Cinderella was, and he went on and on about the castle, his favorite rides, his favorite characters...it was a hoot! He even put the rest of his family on one by one! :funny: Then on another call, my Dbf pretended like he was calling Rose & Crown and ordering fish and chips to be delivered to his room. The woman who answered totally thought he was serious and kept saying, "But I don't work there! I'm just here on vacation!"

MickeysEars
06-14-2011, 03:34 PM
My husband called last night and asked if they were at the Pub and they hung on on him. My daught talked to someone yesterday for Fl...so far they people who have answered have not been amused

White Rose
12-05-2012, 01:59 AM
This thread is reminding me now to play a few good tricks on my friends in Epcot in January. :)

Disney Goof
12-05-2012, 12:16 PM
We were just at EPCOT last week and we called several times. There was an older couple with foam crowns on waiting to take pictures there and I told the person on the phone that Prince Charming and Cinderella were waiting. She was dumbfounded.

Fun times!!!:mickey:

magicofdisney
12-05-2012, 01:30 PM
My husband called last night and asked if they were at the Pub and they hung on on him. My daught talked to someone yesterday for Fl...so far they people who have answered have not been amused

I know what you mean.

I told my daughter she could call so nearly every time we're there she ask to do so. We usually sit off at a distance and make the phone call. Most people don't really seem to enjoy it. Makes me wonder why they even answer.

Quadstriker
12-05-2012, 03:30 PM
I had a good conversation asking someone who answered if they still had Jammie Dodgers available in the tea shop (they didn't).

buzznwoodysmom
12-05-2012, 07:37 PM
I have all three numbers in my phone. Periodically we'll call them and try to talk to folks in WDW. We've had some funny converstations with people, but most of the time they just hang up.

Just this past August on our way out of Epcot, after official closing time, my son called all three from my phone and told those who answered "Epcot's closed, time to go home". He got a few good chuckles. He called a few times on the boat ride back to Yacht Club, and even after we got in our room, and people were still anwering when we were back in our room.

mechanic
12-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Has anyone tried connecting to the handshake tones? Either by fax or dialup modem? Just curious?

Nut4DW
12-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I called tonight and talked to a very nice man from England who is on "holiday" with his wife and kids - Illuminations had just started and I could hear the music in the background.....I loved it! We weren't able to go to DW last year due to moving and this year we couldn't go because I recently had surgery to remove a kidney due to kidney cancer....this helped give me the Disney fix I've been needing...:mickey:

mechanic
12-06-2012, 04:57 AM
Sounds like a fun way to keep in touch with disney. And I just want to say to nut, best wishes for a speedy recovery and may a magical vacation be in your near future.

KevMcNJ
12-06-2012, 05:15 AM

Was his refrigerator running?

Nut4DW
12-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Sounds like a fun way to keep in touch with disney. And I just want to say to nut, best wishes for a speedy recovery and may a magical vacation be in your near future.

Thanks - It was a difficult and very painful surgery but I'm almost fully recovered now - and very blessed to have "accidentally" found the tumor on my kidney....we were doing a ct scan for something else when we found it and my doctor tells me it would not have manifested any symptoms in time to save my life --- but, I'm cancer free and as soon as I can build up my stamina enough to walk around Disney I am hoping to plan a trip.....I miss the Mouse!

sportsguy2315
12-07-2012, 11:32 AM
I called them last weekend and this girl thought I was Dr. Who. Having no clue what he is, I asked her how she was feeling. After playing along for a little bit, she hung up on me. :)

RavsRuleDisney!
12-18-2012, 12:02 PM
never thought of this but now a new way to keep in touch with the mouse!! will have to try this from home when i get a chance....

AtoZgirl
01-11-2013, 07:34 PM
So freakin' cool! Just called one and someone answered!! I asked for Mickey and they hung up lol

g8rgirl29
01-11-2013, 07:58 PM
We have been on the receiving end of a call while taking pics in the booth!! The phone rang and we didn't answer, then it rang again and I answered . I was asked if the princess was with us, my DD was dressed up as a princess so I said yes, they asked to speak with her. She talked with them for several minutes, smiling away the whole time. She said they told her what a sweet princess she was and to have a magical vacation! It made her day!!

roses
01-11-2013, 07:59 PM

:funny::funny::funny:

Wolf
01-14-2013, 03:34 PM

I've read this whole thread hoping for a Tradis reference!! I'm thinking about calling and saying "This is Rose Tyler, have you seen a mad man leave this box recently?"

Wolf
01-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks - It was a difficult and very painful surgery but I'm almost fully recovered now - and very blessed to have "accidentally" found the tumor on my kidney....we were doing a ct scan for something else when we found it and my doctor tells me it would not have manifested any symptoms in time to save my life --- but, I'm cancer free and as soon as I can build up my stamina enough to walk around Disney I am hoping to plan a trip.....I miss the Mouse!

Happy Healing to you!!!!

kbean
01-14-2013, 05:45 PM
I was on another message board and discovered this!

You was on another thread!!!

DonLefNY
01-15-2013, 01:19 PM
This is one of my favorite activities. I go into the Rose & Crown Pub, get a pint of Guinness, grab a stand up table by the window and make calls to the booths. :beer:

roses
03-25-2013, 09:37 PM
They are working anymore :(

Kenny1113
03-25-2013, 11:03 PM
Bummer! :(
I always forget that I want to try this. Reading this thread reminded me...only to read the last post. :(

DDawg1968
03-26-2013, 10:13 AM
:(:( I wonder why they are not working anymore. :(:(

#1donaldfan
03-26-2013, 12:42 PM
We stood by our last trip, called the number and watched as mostly kids would answer...it was so funny, as their parents or older siblings would say, there's no one really on there....and it was us !! It was fun !! :mickey:

Quadstriker
03-26-2013, 05:33 PM
I always had fun with the phones.

Last time I put on a Brit accent and asked the guy who answered if they still were selling Jammie Dodgers at the tea shop. He tried to help by asking someone nearby before letting me know that I had in fact reached a payphone and not the tea shop.
"Have I got a payphone here, sir? Bless me, my apologies!" Wished him good day and watched as he hung up the phone and started laughing.

Tekneek
03-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Disney forgot to pay the bill.

buzznwoodysmom
03-27-2013, 02:30 PM
:(:( I wonder why they are not working anymore. :(:(

As of one month ago all three were working. We called them while in the rose and crown pub.

Tinkermom
03-27-2013, 08:29 PM
My 11 year old daughter and I had a blast calling these when we were there in December. One time she asked a guy "Is this the Crusty Crab?" and he answered "No, this is Patrick"! (You have to know Spongebob to get this.) She thought that was hilarious!!

Yo Mickey!
03-28-2013, 10:42 AM
yeah, i went down in feb for work and my kids wanted to call me on the booths. unfortunately they no longer work. we love to call from the uk or even iowa...good times.

roses
03-28-2013, 07:00 PM
It makes me sad. My friend and I get together, and call the phones to talk to the different people that answer. We typically ask some sort of Disney trivia. Or just ask how their trip to Disney is. I wish they would work :(

Christine
03-29-2013, 05:55 PM
We were just there and tried (& confirmed the numbers on the phone are correct). It did the recording "we're sorry, your call was unable to be completed as dialed. Please try again" :(

goofy89
03-30-2013, 09:38 AM
The UK phones no longer seem to work, however, the phone booth in the Canada Pavilion still does! Called it a couple times yesterday and it definitely worked! Had some fun conversations with a few different people! The number for that one is 407-827-9884.