PDA

View Full Version : Monorail from Epcot to GF

MILWDIANA
04-26-2011, 01:26 PM
We are staying at the BC and have late breakfest reservations at the GF. Thinking of taking the monorail from Epcot to the GF. How long do you think that would take???

89 more days!!! :woohoo:

MarkC
04-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Well, first it would be a lot quicker to take a bus to Magic Kingdom and then a monorail to GF. You should allow about 30 minutes for this trip.

If you want to take the monorail the entire trip you will make the walk from Beach Club to the International Showcase entrance at Epcot and then walk to the normal Epcot entrance, which is probably about 20 minutes right there. The monorail is about a 7 minute ride to the Ticket and Trans Center. Switch to the resort monorail and go to GF from there. I would allow at least 45 minutes to an hour, just in case you barely miss the monorails leaving the station. Maybe someone else has done this and can provide more detail.

faline
04-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Are you planning to go to a park that day? If so, do you have the park hopping option? If so, and you don't have the park hopping option, do you plan to spend your park time at Epcot?

I ask, because - to take the monorail all the way, you will, as noted, need to walk through Epcot. Once you enter Epcot, you will use a day on your park tickets. If you don't have the park hopper option and plan to spend the rest of the day at the Magic Kingdom, you would not be able to do that after having entered Epcot.

I'd bus to the Magic Kingdom and take either the monorail or the boat from that location to the Grand Floridian.

SBETigg
04-26-2011, 02:05 PM
As observed, you will have to a) Walk through Epcot and B) Change monorails at the Transportation and Ticket Center to do this. It would be more efficient to take the bus to the MK and boat over to the GF, or monorail. I like the boat. More direct. The monorail will go to the Contemporary, the TTC, and the Poly before stopping at the GF. The first stop of the boat launch between the GF-Poly-MK is the GF.

With monorail to monorail to GF, you're looking at about an hour from park to park. But honestly, with the bus-boat or bus-monorail, you are shaving some time off that, but I would still count on an hour door-to-door. I usually use the rule of thumb that it's an hour to anywhere at WDW (with the exception of some resort locations to closest park, like BC to Epcot). So I would choose the transportation method that most appeals to you at the time and just count on an hour. Or, take a cab. Not really expensive, and quick.

crazygoalie39
04-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Walking all the way through Epcot will not only be more tiring, but will be much longer than taking the bus to MK and getting on the monorail there.

BrerGnat
04-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Sleep in that morning, then take a cab from the BC to the GF. That's how I'd do it!

The trek through Epcot from the BC, then onto the Monorail is a LONG one. Not something I'd do "just because".

MILWDIANA
04-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the ideas! I hadn't thought of the MK route. I will leave it up to the group as to what they want to do. We will be at the MK until 2am the night before. I am sure they will pick the easiest/shortest route. ;)

Scar
04-26-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm going to disagree with everyone and say walk (as long as you have hoppers.) When I stay at an Epcot Resort that is my preferred way of getting to the Magic Kingdom area. I would much rather take a leisurely stroll through Epcot than ride a bus.

BrerGnat
04-26-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm going to disagree with everyone and say walk (as long as you have hoppers.) When I stay at an Epcot Resort that is my preferred way of getting to the Magic Kingdom area. I would much rather take a leisurely stroll through Epcot than ride a bus.

This is great advice when the weather is favorable. :thumbsup:

However, if it's in the 90's and humid, there is nothing "leisurely" about that walk...there is really no shade the whole way. Just something to consider.

wdwfansince75
04-26-2011, 09:58 PM
The other possibility (much quicker than the MK-GF route), would be to take the boat to DHS, and then, the GF bus from there....or walk to the DHS, and catch the bus.

MarkC
04-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Given that you have 89 days to go your trip is in late July. It will be very hot and humid already, so take the bus to MK and then the monorail. No reason to start out the day exhausted and dehydrated.

MinnieMommie
04-27-2011, 06:26 AM
My preferred way to do this is to take the bus from BC to MK and then the boat to GF. Most direct and least crowded way to get from BC to GF and the quick boat ride is relaxing. :mickey:

SBETigg
04-27-2011, 08:16 AM
The other possibility (much quicker than the MK-GF route), would be to take the boat to DHS, and then, the GF bus from there....or walk to the DHS, and catch the bus.

That's quite a good idea. I didn't think of that one, but it might be the best bet, yes.