PDA

View Full Version : Grand Gathering at OKW Grand Villa, Part 6

Mammabruski
04-25-2011, 08:52 PM
So here we go.... At this point the trip is already half over! Where does the time go? Here's part 1 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=181264)if you're interested in seeing the "cast", and here's the last post (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=181407).

The original plan for today (Thursday 3/31) was to hit up BB in the morning, but we’d been watching the weather very carefully and it was supposed to rain the whole day. Sigh. So we switched Thursday for Friday morning, which had us going to DHS. We got up on time, but when I came down from my shower my DH said DD1 refused to eat breakfast and was pretty cranky… My mommy intuition kicked in and I knew she was sick . Sure enough she had a temp of 100.4, so nothing alarming, but she was under the weather. My DH (bless his heart) offered to stay home with her. I was hoping with some rest and Motrin, she’d be feeling better for tonight’s Dinner with the princesses.

I was feeling pretty bummed as we left (in the rain) for DHS. By the time we got there we were kind of torn as to where to go. We eventually settled on Disney Jr. DD2 loved it, but it was kind of bittersweet as DD1 would’ve been just as jazzed. When we got out the group split up, my DS’s family headed to try and catch the Indian Jones show (it was DBIL’s birthday), and the rest of us hit up Starring Rolls. At this point we had the DDP sorted out (for the most part), but we had tons of snacks to use. So we got mocha’s and lots of yummy pastries. Nice stuff! I love how everywhere has the chocolate croissants (or as they should be know “pain au chocolat"). Après sa oops, I mean after that, we went over to the Beauty and the Beast Show. Once again it was a big hit with DD2. She cried out “Beast, Beast” when Gaston hurt him. She was really concerned.

DP, my younger DS, and I did the single rider line for RnRC, where we watched the kid in front of us climb over the chain that separated the singles line from the general public and sneak in. We didn't say anything, but people really can be nervy cutting in line! At this point we met up again with DS’s family over by TSM. We had FP’s, and as usual it was a blast! DS’s family headed for home and we waltzed (in the rain) over to Backlot Express for some lunch. By the time we made it home it was almost 3pm. DD1 was feeling better. She and my DH had taken a bus over to the Hospitality House and had some lunch at the “tall tables” in the Gurgling Suitcase. She was actually a little wound up and didn’t want to nap, so I lay down with her and she was quickly asleep.

Naptime seemed to end pretty quickly, and we got the kids dressed for the Princesses (DD1 didn’t have a fever, but we dosed her with Motrin just in case). DD1 wore her favorite princess’s dress, shoes and accessories- Tiana. DD2 wore the Belle tutu that my DM had got her earlier in the year. Both girls had gotten crowns early in the week so they were decked out! Sadly it was still raining… My DS’s family went to T-rex for dinner, as it was my DBIL’s birthday wish to have dinner with his little family with the Dino’s. We made it to Epcot and hovered in the shops in Norway until we were allowed in for our ADR. Belle was the greeting princess and she was quite gracious, and both girls actually smiled in the photo! The pre-dinner buffet was a big hit – my girls love cold cuts and cheese, and they also brought DD1 some ravioli – even though she’s only 1, and not paying. The princesses were wonderful, and the girls were in 7th heaven with all the princess interactions.

After dinner we headed over to the Boat ride in Norway, which was a lot shorter than I recall, and I’ll be honest – we skipped the movie at the end. Believe it or not it had stopped raining and I could see blue skies! Our next stop was Mexico. DM and DP took the girls on Donald’s tour – a favorite of DD1’s, while DH and I checked out the Tequila Bar. Love that place! Our server recommended a “shot” but let us know that it was more appropriate to sip it instead of slam it. So we sipped, along with some salt and lime with a tequila version of a bloody mary as a palette cleanser. He also gave us a free taste of a cucumber margarita. Very nice. We met up with the rest of the family and went (finally) to the “Big Ball”. Another favorite of DD1’s. It was really funny because the picture at the end was of my DH and DD2. So dang cute!

After we got the girls home and asleep we decided to go to Jellyrolls as it would probably be our last chance. It was just as great as I remembered it, actually better since the last time we went you could still smoke there. We didn’t stay out too late, it was just after midnight when we left and we took a cab home. We decided to take a dip, and surprisingly we weren’t the only ones at the pool! The quiet pool hot tub had 3 other folks hanging out there at 1 am! Go figure…
Friday’s plan is to go to BB… will the weather agree? Hmmmm…

yjgirl32
04-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Great post- glad she felt better to see the princesses.

vizsla
04-26-2011, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the report.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the report

KylesMom
04-26-2011, 12:32 PM
I can attest that there's not a whole lot more things that will make you sad at Disney than a sick family member, especially your child. I can imagine how bummed out you were to have to leave her in the room with DH, missing some things she'd really love at DHS. Too cute about DD2 being so concerned about Beast!

Thank goodness DD1 was feeling better and you had such an enjoyable time at Akershus. I think I'll need to drop into the Tequila Bar this next trip - sounds fun & I've read a lot about it!

Great end to the evening with a stop at Jellyroll's & a dip in the pool. I bet you really appreciated the folks' babysitting availability tonight, huh? :D I hope the weather is going to cooperate for you tomorrow with DD1 feeling good and NO RAIN! :mickey:

faline
04-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Missing a Disney day is no fun! Glad she was feeling better and could dine with the princesses in the evening! The adult time sounds like it was really fun!

DizNee143
04-26-2011, 09:02 PM
awww..sorry to hear one of your daughters werent feeling that well..but glad she was doing better later in the day..i hope she felt fine for the rest of the trip!
other than that..sounds like you guys had a nice day even with all the rain and thats awesome it finally cleared after dinner!:mickey:

princessgirls
04-27-2011, 11:38 AM
So glad your daughter felt better and was able to enjoy dinner with the princesses. Askerhaus is a great place!

A good day, in spite of fevers...even some blue skies!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

PrettyMinnie
04-27-2011, 03:10 PM
What a bummer that you DD was sick! At least her rest and relaxation perked her up and she could enjoy an evening with the princesses and some favorites in Epcot!

Dopey's Girl
04-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Mmmmm...chocolate croissants. So yummy.

Glad to hear that DD ended up feeling better!

artyboy
04-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the Report!

pdrlkr
05-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

MinnieMommie
05-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Sorry DS1 got sick but glad she recovered quickly. I agree Starring Rolls is a great place! :mickey: