PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dream Dollars - Did you know & a couple questions

AmandaChan
04-25-2011, 02:43 PM
I am posting this in the vacation planning section because it is relevant to our .. planning.

My DH opened up a Disney credit card because his mother did too and she received a letter saying if your first purchase was 50$ + then you get $200 DDD. DH (we've been meaning to get him one anyways) opened one up without a letter for the promotion but he called the company and asked for the $200 promo and they said 'we'll put $250 on the account'... the we put our portion of the trip (between us and his mom) on our Disney card and low and behold he got $250 in DD!! Awesome!

Just thought I would share that with everyone..

also I just want to CONFIRM.. when I get to the parks I can get our Disney Dream dollars on a gift card type thing and we just use it like cash/gift card in the parks?? I did the disney dream dollars card a few years ago and it has been a while just wanted to make sure they didn't change anything..

KylesMom
04-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Congrats on getting the $250 offer for DH!

also I just want to CONFIRM.. when I get to the parks I can get our Disney Dream dollars on a gift card type thing and we just use it like cash/gift card in the parks?? You actually need a Chase Disney Rewards Redemption card to utilize your earned rewards. You can pre-order it through Chase before your trip, or you can go to one of the below specified locations to activate your card (must present photo ID and your Disney Rewards Visa Card):
• Magic Kingdom Guest Relations Window
• Magic Kingdom Guest Relations at City Hall
• Disney's Hollywood Studios Guest Relations
• Epcot Guest Relations
• Disney's Animal Kingdom Guest Relations
• Downtown Disney Marketplace Kiosk
• Downtown Disney Westside Kiosk

There is a fairly comprehensive list on the Chase Disney website as to where you can spend your Chase Disney Rewards dollars on property. You could purchase a Disney Gift Card at any one of the participating locations which accept the Reward Dollars once you get your Rewards Card - then you could utilize the gift card just about anywhere. Although the listing on the website contains many of the main stores you can utilize your Rewards card at, it doesn't mention a lot of locations that you may want to shop/dine in.

We always pre-order ours - then we don't have to deal with procuring our rewards card upon arrival.

Pirate Granny
04-25-2011, 07:19 PM
We used ours at OKW to pay for our dining plan.

Figment104
04-28-2011, 03:46 PM
You actually need a Chase Disney Rewards Redemption card to utilize your earned rewards. You can pre-order it through Chase before your trip, or you can go to one of the below specified locations to activate your card (must present photo ID and your Disney Rewards Visa Card):
• Magic Kingdom Guest Relations Window
• Magic Kingdom Guest Relations at City Hall
• Disney's Hollywood Studios Guest Relations
• Epcot Guest Relations
• Disney's Animal Kingdom Guest Relations
• Downtown Disney Marketplace Kiosk
• Downtown Disney Westside Kiosk

There is a fairly comprehensive list on the Chase Disney website as to where you can spend your Chase Disney Rewards dollars on property. You could purchase a Disney Gift Card at any one of the participating locations which accept the Reward Dollars once you get your Rewards Card - then you could utilize the gift card just about anywhere. Although the listing on the website contains many of the main stores you can utilize your Rewards card at, it doesn't mention a lot of locations that you may want to shop/dine in.

We always pre-order ours - then we don't have to deal with procuring our rewards card upon arrival.

I couldn't have said it better. One thing to remember is that the rewards card from chase does have an expiration date on it for the December of the following year, so you want to make sure to use all the point on it or only transfer what you think you will use. You can always transfer more to the card after you have it so long as you have the minimum required to transfer which I think is either 10 or 20 points.

Have a great trip and congrats on the bonus points, I'd love some of those ;)