PDA

View Full Version : What would you do and why?

disney1122
04-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Thinking about our June 2012 plans already and have a few different scenerios in mind. See below and let me know what you would do and why -

4 nights BLT, 4 nights AKL
4 nights BLT, 4 nights BCV
4 nights BLT, 4 nights WLV
7 nights AKL
7 nights WLV

Thanks, as always!

buzznwoodysmom
04-25-2011, 02:01 PM
I would go with one of the options giving you 8 days. I am not a fan of BLT so your 8 day options don't appeal to me. However if I had to pick one I'd pick 4 days BLT and 4 days BCV.

Of course it depends on which park you'd like to be close to, which park you plan to go to most often. BLT is located next to MK, so I'd pick a resort located next to a different park for the other part of the trip to change things up a bit. BCV is perfect for this since its close to both Epcot and DHS.

Personally, if it were me, I'd do 4 nights WL or AKL, then 4 nights BCV, mainly because I love all three of those resorts. We tend to spend more time at the resort at the end of our trips, and BCV in June would be a great way to spend a few half days at the resort pool once you've pretty much exhausted the parks.

At the end of the day any which way you do it you can't go wrong, your in WDW!

disneymom15
04-25-2011, 04:10 PM
As to date, of your options, we've only stayed at AKL and really enjoyed it. Since then, we purchased DVC at BLT. Our next trip we're staying at BCV and the one after that will be BLT. So my answer to your question would be 4days BLT-4 days BCV. Main reason, location location location.

brownie
04-25-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm not a huge fan of split stays because of the move, but I'd probably consider staying at Bay Lake Tower and Beach Club Villa as a first choice. I've always wanted to stay at the Contemporary and we would love to stay at one of the Epcot resorts again. Being close to the Magic Kingdom and close to Epcot wouldn't hurt either.

faline
04-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Although I've done split stays a few times, I'm not a big fan of the need to move either. Personally, I'd select one resort and spend the entire stay at that resort.

gardenia
04-25-2011, 06:16 PM
I would do:

4 nights AKV, 4 nights BCV

We've stayed at BLT and it wasn't all it's cracked up to be.

DizneyRox
04-25-2011, 07:08 PM
I don't mind the split stays so much, you drop your stuff off at bell services in the am, then afternoon check into your new resort.

AKLV is a nice place, i'd go Kidani thought over Jambo. Beach Club is one of my favorites too. I didn't much care for Wilderness Lodge though, I was too much of a hassle it seemed.

FiggyFan
04-25-2011, 10:32 PM
I would go with either the BLT/AKL or BLT/BCV option. Here is my reasoning:

1) 8 nights beats 7!
2) BLT and VWL are in the same area, providing less variety than the other 8 night choices.
3) While I am partial to BCV, the BLT/BCV option gives you two active, right near the parks experiences, while the BLT/AKL option gives you one active and one more relaxed resort experience. I can see the plus side of either choice.

ransam
04-25-2011, 11:01 PM
i'd stay at juat one, you dont' want to waster your vacation moving.

goofy-4-disney
04-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Our family almost always does a split stay so don't let the moving idea sway your decision because it really isnt all that time consuming. If it were my trip I would choose the BLT, BCV option because you'll be in a great location at both places. AKL has a nice theme but longer travel times to all of the parks except for AK.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-26-2011, 01:02 PM
I would do 7 days AKV or WLV

KAT1811
04-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Although I've done split stays a few times, I'm not a big fan of the need to move either. Personally, I'd select one resort and spend the entire stay at that resort.

:ditto:

We did the move on our last vacation and it was not fun at all. My family refuses to ever do it again.

Out of your choices I would do WLV for the entire stay. If it were me personally I would do OKW for the entire stay. We'll be there 12 nights this fall! :cloud9:

BrerGnat
04-27-2011, 04:46 PM
I'd vote for 7 nights WLV if you don't want a split stay. If you do, BLT/BCV is the best option for the summer, IMO. Stormalong Bay pool is reason enough to stay there!

I'd not do a split stay, personally, particularly at a DVC resort where the check out time is 11 and the check in time is "after 4pm". That's too long (potentially) to be without a room, in my opinion.

kemps@wdw
05-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Once I'm settled in my Disney home, I do not want to move til it's time to go home! :( So, we are not split-stay fans.

Disney-4-Me
05-13-2011, 12:24 AM
I like to split our stay as long as we stay more than a week. The benefit for us is that we get to experience two different resorts.

darthmacho
05-13-2011, 07:35 AM
I'd go with one of the 8 day versions, AKL or WLV, because those are my favorite resorts, though I can't for the life of me figure out what BLT is...bacon, lettuce, and tomato? ;)

Janmac
05-14-2011, 12:55 PM
BLT - Bay Lake Towers

I would do BLT/BCV because then I'd get the options for the MK area and then the Epcot area.

But probably my real choice would be 7 days VWL because I really like that resort's ambiance and location.

Jan