PDA

View Full Version : Taxi ride?

wendybird
04-25-2011, 12:51 PM
How much would a taxi ride from CSR to the McDonalds on property and back be? We are getting in VERY late and heard that they are a 24hr. option for hungry kids.

buzznwoodysmom
04-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Not sure the exact amount. We've taken a taxi to different locations several times while in WDW. Typically the cost was between $15 and $20 one way, including tip.

Pirate Granny
04-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Eat at the airport...I thought I read somewhere that the McDonald's was closed...perhaps that were the one's in the park (AK)...but I wouldn't take a chance...We arrive around 10pm and grabbed something from the food court and ate it while walking to the ME bus...at that time of night it was long gone before the bus arrived.

buzznwoodysmom
04-25-2011, 02:10 PM
As of March there was still a McDonald's on property. I think its only the park locations that have gone.

sassafras
04-25-2011, 05:22 PM
The McDonalds at Downtown Disney is closed. There is another one that is along one of the roads in the Disney area. Personally, we always just stop at the one at the airport.

brownie
04-25-2011, 05:37 PM
The McDonald's by the All-Star Resorts is still open.

I'd consider eating at the airport if you can, which would probably be cheaper if you factor in the cost of the round-trip cab ride, or eating at Pepper Market at Coronado Springs Resort which is open to 11pm I believe.

CleveRocks
04-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Another option, if you'll have other food needs during your stay, is to arrange a grocery delivery. It would be waiting for you when you arrive. Bell Services will keep the cold stuff cold for you.

You could order sandwich fixins and salads, or you could Oscar Mayer Lunchables for the kids, and so on. You could even get creative, ordering a bagged salad (like Dole or Fresh Express) and some Purdue Chicken Short-Cuts and some salad dressing. You could probably order pre-made sandwiches/subs/hoagies, at least from Goodings (which has a deli).

And the list goes on, you can use your imagination and creativity.

It would be an EASIER option than leaving the resort and paying lots for a round-trip taxi and taking all that time coming abd going and ordering.

We always get a grocery delivery for our week-long trips. We tend to eat breakfasts in the room, plus we get beverages and junk food and fresh fruit, etc.