PDA

View Full Version : Top Table Service & Top Signature?

idreamofdisney
04-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Hi everyone! We are going to Disney! I've been saving for years! We are on the regular dining plan. I'm trying to make my ADR's. Any suggestions for your favorite table service and your favorite signature restaurants? We have 5 people - me, hubby, 9 year old daughter and my parents. I could not find a list of top 10 table service restaurants. We went about 4 or 5 years ago and I found a top 10 list for ts and cs but I am just not locating it now. Sorry....Thanks!

MsBubbles
04-25-2011, 11:56 AM
I would recommend Cinderella's Royal Table, I just love it there.

KAT1811
04-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Our favorites are:

Table Service:

'Ohana
Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
Portobello (Not on the DDP)
1900 Park Fare (Dinner)

Signature:

Yachtsman Steakhouse
California Grill (mostly for the view)

Janmac
04-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Top ten dining might differ depending on whether you're talking really good food or a fun experience.

For table service we have a few favorites but they're mostly based on the atmosphere. They would be:

1900 Park Fare - supper, because of the Tremaines.

Crystal Palace - breakfast at 8 am on a non early EMH, because of the early entry into MK. And also the strawberries and whipped cream. :blush:

San Angel Inn, Mexico, Epcot - especially when you can be seated near El Rio del Tiempo, because of the jungle birds, volcano, and the pyramid. Last time the cat in the jungle was not screeching. :(

Akershus, Norway, Epcot - breakfast, mostly because of the great choices on the coldtbordt (fish for breakfast!??!). :secret: P.S. the food in the skillet on the table is good, too.

Trail's End Kitchen - supper, because we love the comfort food, and the rocking chairs on the porch outside, and the foot massagers at the barrel chairs are fun too. :thumbsup:

We have no signature experience but, talking about 2 TS credits, we are having discussions about which show to see next trip. We have folks firmly in each camp - Hoop De Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness and the Spirit of Aloha at the Polynesian. A compromise seems to be difficult to achieve. We may have to do both, neither or split up for the evening. :D

Jan

hauntedmansiongirl
04-25-2011, 01:19 PM
We have tried many of the restaurants and haven't had too many bad experiences. Our favourites are:

50s Prime Time Cafe (DHS)- a very "Disney" kind of experience with fun waiters and amazing desserts!

Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge)- butternut squash soup and the best desserts on any buffet

Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge)- we love the all-you-can eat skillet and all you can drink milkshakes! Plus the apple-caramel pie is to die for. It is also fun when you're with a group- there's so many antics going on in there!!

Coral Reef (Epcot)- eating dinner with an aquarium background is amazing

Signature Restaurants:

California Grill (Contemporary)- time it with the fireworks (1 hr before or 20 min after)! The oak fired filet of beef is the best steak we've ever had!

Le Cellier (Epcot)- great steakhouse although the tables are pretty jammed in!

Have fun picking out all of restaurants! Planning is half of the fun of the vacation!!!
:mickey:

Jared
04-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Here is a list of my favorite one-credit and signature restaurants on Disney property, along with their location (in no particular order):

One-credit
'Ohana (Polynesian) -- An all-you-can-eat feast of grilled meats and delicious sides, all served family-style. The bread pudding is perhaps Disney's best dessert.
Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge) -- Easily my favorite buffet. Boma offers a great mix of simple and creative dishes, pleasing all palates.
Kona Cafe (Polynesian) -- The bread loaf with the macadamia nut butter, the chicken wings and fabulous desserts make this place more than an ordinary coffee shop.
Kouzzina (BoardWalk)
Coral Reef (Epcot) -- The view is legendary, and I think the food is actually quite underrated. This is a Disney institution.
Via Napoli (Epcot) -- Finally, decent pizza at Disney. Actually, it's better than decent -- it's quite good!
Yak & Yeti (Animal Kingdom) -- Another place with a fantastic view, a nice decor and better-than-expected food. I especially like the mahi mahi and salmon entrees.

Signatures
Jiko (Animal Kingdom) -- Quite, romantic and lovely, Jiko is exactly what you want out of a signature restaurant. The African-inspired dishes are outstanding and absolutely geared toward adults.
California Grill (Contemporary) -- Perhaps the best view on Disney property. What can be better than sitting high atop the Contemporary and eating delicious food as you gaze at Cinderella Castle in the distance?

RAIDER
04-26-2011, 07:26 AM
California Grill (Contemporary)-
The views overlooking the bay are amazing and its even better when the fireworks are on show . As for the food ,well its mouthwatering,even more if your a sushi lover

Brown Derby ( DHS )
Love the atmosphere and the menu is varied

Ohana
An amazing all you can eat that leaves you in ore if your a meat lover ,its one of those places when your there you get excited and its a great place to people watch seeing first timers there