PDA

View Full Version : snow white ride

kgoulash
04-25-2011, 09:46 AM
i'm a bit confused, i read that the fantasyland expansion will include a new dwarf rollercoaster, does that mean the old snow white ride will be taken out?
also, can anyone tell me what is open in fantasyland now?
just curious,
thanks
:minnie:

PopPhan
04-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Snow White's Scary Adventures will be removed and replaced with a Princess Meet 'N Greet. The Seven Dwarves Mine Train will be 'the' Snow White based attraction in Fantasyland after the expansion is complete.

Other than what was in Toontown, pretty much everything in Fantasyland remains open and functioning during the expansion. (Barring necessary rehab/maintenance, of course.)

LudwigVonDrake
04-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Yup. Say goodbye to the ride :(

ransam
04-25-2011, 10:46 AM
That was my 2nd least favorite dark ride...

kgoulash
04-26-2011, 09:01 AM
snow white has always been one of my favorite movies so i am sad to see the classic ride of my childhood going
like most things at disney it is sad to see things of childhood go, but exciting to see what's next.
thanks for the info
:goofy2:

gollybass
04-27-2011, 12:13 PM
seems sad to be losing a classic ride like that

Disney-4-Me
04-27-2011, 07:52 PM
I always hate to see a ride go extinct but I've learned over the years that it has to happen to get more new attractions. Usually they are better, with the exception of Journey into Your Imagination with Figment.

SmallWorldBobby
04-27-2011, 11:39 PM
I don't mind improvement on a ride or concept, but it frustrates me to see a classic attraction die in favor of a meet-n-greet. I have high hopes for the expansion/revisions taking place, but I don't like the current Snow White ride being dumped and replaced with a Dwarfs mine train coaster. It had better have killer theming.

Is it just me, or does Disney seem to have a real problem defining that corner of Fantasyland? It used to be filled with classic and neat attractions, yet they constantly blow it up and make it worse. 20k Leagues, Mr. Toad, placement of Aladdin's carpets, and now ANOTHER meet-n-greet replacing a classic ride in Snow White. *sigh* Sorry for the rant.

kgoulash
04-28-2011, 09:03 AM
i have to agree, i was bummed enough to see snow white was leaving but enough already with the meet and greets.
i guess i'm showing my age, i just remember 'finding' the characters in the park, not waiting in long lines to meet them, takes away some of the magic

darthmacho
04-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Bummer to lose any dark ride. A roller coaster sounds okay, but WDW has so few real dark rides any more. They really ought to be coming up with new, friendlier dark ride concepts...:mickey:

Victor Kelly
04-28-2011, 11:45 AM
I hate meet and greets. I like the idea of just happening on a character.

Fear not. The Princess meet and greets will most likely have fastpass. The building is definitly big enough to house multiple princesses.

I would of course prefer to see another dark ride replace Snow White. Perhaps Alice in Wonderland, or other chracter.

Goofster
04-28-2011, 12:58 PM
I for one thought the ride should be converted to something else with the opening of the Mine Ride (Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Pinocchio...something). I like the concept of the Mine Ride, but it's not an "additional" attraction as we are losing the original Snow White ride. It's just a replacement. Changing the ride to something new would have been a better idea imho rather than ripping out a perfectly good dark ride in favor of a meet and greet.

SmallWorldBobby
04-28-2011, 02:35 PM
I like the idea of an Alice dark ride. Talk about a match made in heaven! Disney could do wonders with lighting and interesting madness within an Alice ride.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who is tired of meet-n-greets. I was feeling a bit like an old fogie. But I guess there's a demand for them. I liked meeting characters roaming the parks, but the crowds could get unruly.

Joannelet
04-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Is the snow white ride closed already?

JasonH
04-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Is the snow white ride closed already?

That's a very good question that I'd like to know. And if it's not closed, are they giving a timeframe of when it will approx. be closed down. I'm hoping against all hope that it'll still be there when I (hopefully) go in Nov/Dec. One last time on it with my eldest niece would be great. :mickey:

Pan
05-05-2011, 01:03 AM
We were there April 16-22 and it was still open. Rode it with my little Princess. The only ride that was down, that I noticed, was Primeval Whirl in AK.

Fastpasssteve
05-05-2011, 01:12 AM
I always hate to see a ride go extinct but I've learned over the years that it has to happen to get more new attractions. Usually they are better, with the exception of Journey into Your Imagination with Figment.

Hahahahahahahaha! Ditto your lack of love for Figment. But you are right, usually they are better! Even Disney can put a foot amiss now and again.

RBrooksC
05-05-2011, 08:06 AM
DIsney is not replacing Snow White with a Meet and Greet. They are replacing it with a mine coaster "dark ride." However, they are going to build that at the Fantasyland Skyway station area.

So, what is happening is the Snow White ride is moving to a larger area and the area near the castle is going to be for the Meet and Greets.

And I think the Meet and Greet areas are more for crowd control than anything else. You can still meet random characters in the park. However, they are usually not the major ones. That would created log jams of people in areas that Disney would not like them.

azcavalier
05-05-2011, 09:15 AM
DIsney is not replacing Snow White with a Meet and Greet. They are replacing it with a mine coaster "dark ride." However, they are going to build that at the Fantasyland Skyway station area.

You sure about that location? Disney recently put out a story that the Fantasyland Skyway area was going to be turned into restrooms, and the restrooms by PeterPan were going away so that they could expand and enhance the queue for that ride.

disney obsessed
05-05-2011, 09:43 AM
I do not like change. They have the room, why do they not just expand and make a more glorious experience.

MikeyP
05-05-2011, 09:57 AM
I do not like change. They have the room, why do they not just expand and make a more glorious experience.

While I for one embrace change, I would definitely agree with that last statement.

Put me firmly in the camp of people who wishes WDW would do some more park expanding (or creating a new park).

RBrooksC
05-05-2011, 10:30 AM
You sure about that location? Disney recently put out a story that the Fantasyland Skyway area was going to be turned into restrooms, and the restrooms by PeterPan were going away so that they could expand and enhance the queue for that ride.

When I first heard the report for this new ride, the Fantasyland Skyway was the area that was said to be the location of the ride.

brivers222
05-05-2011, 11:31 AM
while i am a huge fan of snow white... i am not a fan of her ride. I would rather spend time with her then sit through that disaster. can't wait for the expansion to be opened.