PDA

View Full Version : Are the Coyotes moving back to Winnipeg?

alphamommy
04-24-2011, 10:10 PM
I've heard rumors about this, but was curious if anyone from either area (Phoenix or Winnipeg) knows whether it's true.

I was disappointed when they moved (I'm all about Original Six and Canadian hockey), so I think it would be cool if they did, but can't find any concrete story online.

Maybe this won't be settled until after the Finals...

Ian
04-25-2011, 11:45 AM
As a die-hard hockey fan, I'd love to see it happen too. Canada needs more teams in the league.

CanadianWDWFan
04-25-2011, 03:07 PM
There has been no decision that I have heard of, but the way that the folks in Winnipeg are acting, it is a done deal.:D Personally I to would like to see them move "home". I am not fan of Bettman and I really feel that the expansion he made to nontraditional hockey markets has been a folly. I just wonder how these teams can survive when their diehard fan base is small, compared to Canadian and Northern U.S. markets.

Bettman has always wanted the league to expand outside of Canada since it is a "small" market. Where he figured that Phoenix was a better market is anyone's guess.:shrug: There was a recent study that showed how we could easily support up to 12 teams here. Heck all the folks in the Toronto area would love a team in Hamilton just to force the Leafs to actually play some good hockey from time to time.:thedolls: