PDA

View Full Version : Friends, Fun and Flowers Day 5 More Drama

Disney4us2
04-24-2011, 05:56 PM
The day started out uneventful and early to DHS. First stop was RRC for the girls. They went stand by while we got fast passes for later. A quick trip on TOT and then to Toy Story Mania. Last stop was the Great Movie Ride, we saw the western scene.

For lunch it we planned on Flame Tree BBQ at AK. We made it there in no time at all. It was just as good as we remembered it.

After lunch the girls went to EE. Don't remember if we got FP or they went single rider.

We met up and wanted to go on Kali River Rapids. Jessica was soaked, we were all wet and it felt good. With wet clothes, it was time to go back to the room and get ready for our dinner.

We ate at the Kona Cafe for our dinner. Food was good. I love this place.

We went down to the busses to head over to DHS to use up the fast passes for RRC. It was evening EMH so there was no rush. We boarded the bus. My scooter was secured and for some reason I stayed on with my seatbelt. It was not a crowded or full bus. We left for the Grand Floridian and as we were leaving the bus made its turn. My scooter tipped over.... and so did I. He stopped the bus and came over. Making sure I was ok. I was in shock by it all, but could feel nothing was broken, just bruised. I was sick to my stomach after that, and stiff, scraped elbow and knee. I sent my friends and DD on to enjoy the rides while I waited at the bus for a supervisor and to make a report. After that was done, I went to first aid, got cleaned up and an ice pack for my knee. I also went go guest relations to report it as well. I am fine and healing. I just hope the bus driver doesn't loose his job. I did put in a good word for him at guest relations.

After that, I was going to go back to the room, but I met up with Pat and the girls and they were finishing up on RRC and then we headed back home. This time I was in a regular seat. I will never again ride on the scooter while it is on a bus.

I started packing up a few things, all the dirty clothes went into one suitcase. The drama was over for the day. whewwww

faline
04-24-2011, 06:57 PM
How awful! I've watched the bus drivers a number of times do the tie-downs for scooters. They are always so careful to make sure the scooters and/or chairs are carefully locked into place. It's hard to imagine how your scooter came loose like that! I'm glad you were not seriously injured but that certainly put a damper on your evening!

The rest of your day sounded very nice. Kona Cafe is a favorite of mine as well!

yjgirl32
04-25-2011, 09:46 AM
oh no glad to hear your ok- but wish you didn't have to go thru that.

CanadaLovesDisney
04-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Glad to hear your okay!
Disney battle wounds! ;)

Dsnygirl
04-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Oh no, that must have been SO scary... what a way to end what sounded like a wonderful day!! Glad to hear you are okay, I don't blame you for not staying on your scooter ever again. :( I hope everything is healed and okay now that you're back home!

KylesMom
04-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Well, the day sure started out on a good note - fun at DHS, off to AK for a good lunch & a super-soaker on Kali.

What a horrible experience to have your scooter tip over with you on it. I think you were very lucky to get away with a few scrapes, Marci. I hope that it didn't slow you down for your last couple of days in Disney!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Oh my. My mom will be in a scooter on our December trip. I will remember this.

pdrlkr
05-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Glad to hear you were not injured! :(

brian2000boston
07-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Glad you were ok, sounds like the day we going great, to bad something had to happen to damper it.

princessgirls
07-04-2011, 12:15 AM
Marci,

So sorry to read of your fall and injury. I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you.

So thankful that your injuries were relatively minor, and that you were back in action. How awful.

Up until that time...it had been a great day!

Julie:mickey:

January-2007
07-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Thanks for reporting.

Suz36
07-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Oh no! I'm glad you were relatively OK, but what a scary experience! Hope tomorrow brings more Disney magic to wipe out the memory of this accident.

vizsla
07-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the report.