PDA

View Full Version : Grand Gathering at OKW Grand Villa, Part 5

Mammabruski
04-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Alrighty, then! Here's the link to last post (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=181386), and if you'd like the list of the "cast" check out part 1 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=181264).

Wednesday (3/30) was the morning of our first Grand Gathering Event at MK. My plan was for my family to go and see the Rope Drop Ceremony, hit up the rides in Fantasyland, then meet up with everyone at Tony’s for 9am. We started off great, and seemed like we’d make it to rope drop with plenty of time, but by the time we were on the bus it was 7:40! I was kind of freaking out, because my girls (ok, me too) LOVE the Welcome song on the 4 parks CD. As soon as we pulled up (7:53), we got the girls off the bus, in the stroller and we were running towards the gates (it feels really good to run in Florida compared to the where we live in CO @ 7800 ft above sea level). My DM came with us and was so nice to carry in the diaper bag so we didn’t have to clear “customs” ;). We caught the last 90 seconds. I was really, really bummed, but the girls didn’t seem to notice. They were so excited to even hear a part of the welcome song. Oh well, next time! We hustled down Mainstreet, and off to Dumbo we went!

We did just about everything, and my DM got us FP’s to Peter Pan. Both girls loved the “horseys” and Pooh, and weren’t great fans of Snow White (but weren’t scared, either). DH took one for the team, and took the girls on the Tea Cups, which were a huge hit. They giggled the entire time! We met the White Rabbit who was hanging around, and then headed over to Tony’s after getting FP’s for Buzz.

The Good Morning Breakfast at Tony’s was really nice. Tony himself was the MC, and 4 of the Fab Five were present! We got to meet Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Minnie that day! The food wasn’t bad and was served family style, but once again with the characters it was hard to really eat. At the end of breakfast there was time to dance with the characters. Our kids all got to dance with Goofy and Mickey! Good times. As we left the restaurant a CM told us that they were debuting the new character meet and greet next door to Tony’s that very minute and there was no line. We would’ve jumped all over that, but we had just met Mickey and we’d be seeing the Princesses tomorrow in Norway. So we passed!

After a bathroom break (I really don’t know how I remember all of this!) we were to meet up at the train station. As we walked up we saw the train all loaded and ready to go, and half our group already on board. We ran up, and just made it! My family had convinced the conductor to wait for us, really! After a tour around MK (my DP got off in Frontierland to get FP’s for Splash – my DD said she wanted to go after I told her it was like sledding, only on water), we just caught the tail end of the Welcome Trolley song. Oh well, we got to hear the 2nd half – DD1 was in 7th heaven (ok, I was too)!

Off we went to Buzz we went and I was determined to beat my DH. It was not to happen today, as my DH somehow became a “Galactic Hero” with a score of 999,999! I took pictures with my phone, but you couldn’t really see the score. The CM at the end of the ride gave DH a celebration button that read Galactic Hero. Love those little details that make a Disney trip so memorable. After this we hit up the cars. Both girls loved it, especially DD1 who got to “drive” with my younger DS. She couldn’t decide what she liked better- Teacups or Cars… At this point we headed to Frontierland to do Splash. DD1 was all of a sudden so excited to do the Big Slide, we got to the front and they split us up from the rest of the family! It happened so fast, but I was really disappointed to not be with my DS’s family and my DN who was riding splash for the first time. DD1 loved the little slides, the ride in general but was not thrilled with the final drop. She cried after it was over. We had to reassure her she’d never have to do it again! DN on the other hand thought it was “totally awesome” (if you remember he’s just four like my DD1).

While the others went on Splash again with the baby swap’s DH and I watched our two little ones and DN2. After that DH, DM, our kids and DN2 went over to Peter Pan, while the others did BTMRR. We relaxed with a light lunch at Pinocchio’s while we waited for everyone and then headed out of the park. Since our ADR’s that evening were at AKL and were early (we had hoped to make it back to DAK after dinner), we skipped nap and went straight to AKL. The two little ones slept (my DD slept for almost 3 hours on the bus and in her stroller) and the big ones played, checked out the Savannah and ruled the playground for well over an hour. Dinner at Boma was the BEST! I love the carrot pureed soup. It was like heaven in a bowl! The food was divine. During dinner the weather turned nasty again. It was dangerously windy and pouring rain with thunder and lightning. So sadly we did not make it back to DAK.

We got home pretty early and were going to go swimming, but the storm was still in full swing. So the kids donned bathing suits and had a swim party in the huge tub in the master bath. So much fun! Bed was close behind, and the next day was DHS in the morning and Epcot in the evening.

faline
04-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Lovely Magic Kingdom day! Too bad the storm messed up the evening plans but the large tub party seemed to do the trick!

vizsla
04-25-2011, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
04-25-2011, 09:43 AM
ANother great report- thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
04-25-2011, 01:04 PM
another good day!!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the report

KylesMom
04-26-2011, 10:33 AM
While you may have missed a good portion of the Welcome song at MK, you sure made the most of your early morning. How awesome that you were able to accomplish so much even before your Grand Gathering event, which sounds like it was a great success! Sorry you didn't beat DH on Buzz - that's my goal every year, and I've only managed to do it a handful of times. :D Great afternoon and a fabulous dinner at Boma, too. What a magical day!

Bummer about not making it back to AK - but very creative thinking by hosting your very own swim party! :mickey:

princessgirls
04-27-2011, 11:34 AM
A wonderful day in spite of the ominous rain clouds that have been following you.

Breakfast at Tony's sounds like a lot of fun!!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

PrettyMinnie
04-27-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm sorry your DD was not thrilled with the final drop on Splash, but glad your DN was excited about it! I doubt I would have braved that ride when I was a mere 4 years old!

Dopey's Girl
04-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Bathtub swimming...love it!

Great report!

artyboy
04-28-2011, 04:33 PM
That bathtub is one of the reasons I love OKW so much! Thanks for the Report!

pdrlkr
05-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: