PDA

View Full Version : Friends, Fun and Flowers Day 4

Disney4us2
04-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Well here we are mid way through. We got a later start with the intention of taking a few moments in downtown disney before heading to a park. That momemt turned into half the day.

We loved walking around an almost empty DTD. Pat and Maddie wanted to go to the Mismatched store. Basin was on my list, especially since it is no longer at Disneyland's DTD.

On the way we say the giant Lego creations and found WOD. We spent a lot of time there, as well as $$$. Jessica went with Pat and Maddie to Mismatched while I went to indulge at Basin.

We met up and it was lunch time. Since it was hot outside, I took Jessica and went back via river boat to POFQ for our lunch. I had the beef Poboy sandwich and Jessica had pizza. She isn't much into sandwiches and that is why we opted to go back to the resort. Pat and Maddie ate at the Earl of Sandwich.

The boat ride was nice and relaxing as well as very pretty. We all met up at our room and the girls went for a swim.

Dinner tonight was at Whispering Canyon Cafe, a first for all of us. Maddie knew nothing about the ketchup. We all got the skillet along with french fries. Our server was Bob aka Gipetto(and he does look like him) was very funny. Well.... it happened. Maddie wanted ketchup for her fries, and boy did she get ketchup. Both she and Jessica were so embarrased:blush:by all of the doings. Soon our table was clear when someone else asked for the ketchup.

After dinner we were going to pop into the MK. We were headed to the boat launch and saw lightning. So on to the bus. It was still lightning so I was going to go back to the room. We all ended up going back and calling it an evening.

This is the first time we didn't visit a park during one of our trips. It was kind of nice though.

Up next.... More drama and an accident.

faline
04-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Relaxed days are some of the best! The call for ketchup and Whispering Canyon is always lots of fun!

yjgirl32
04-24-2011, 08:53 PM
I love the boat ride! Another great report.

KylesMom
04-26-2011, 09:29 AM
I know that it's really easy to spend hours at DTD - especially once you get into the WoD store. Isn't it great to go in the morning when it's not so crowded? I trust you found everything you were looking for at Basin? :cloud9:

Even though the girls were a bit embarrassed at the antics that happened at Whispering Canyon, I hope they enjoyed it!

Up next.... More drama and an accident. Uh oh . . . :(

Dsnygirl
04-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Today sounded like a very relaxing day for you guys... perfect in the middle of a trip! We've yet to eat at WCC, either, and although I know not to ask for ketchup, my girls don't, so I'm going to let them, as I don't really know what happens, even though I've heard not to do it. Ought to be interesting!! Glad to hear your table survived!! ;)

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Ooohhh sounds intriguing

pdrlkr
05-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

brian2000boston
07-03-2011, 01:31 PM
The off days without parks can be a lot of fun, nice to get those relaxing vacations days.

princessgirls
07-04-2011, 12:12 AM
A very nice day Marci!!

I can't wait to try Whispering Canyon, and I will have one of my girls ask for ketchup, and they can USE quite a bit...

Thanks for reporting!
Julie:mickey:

January-2007
07-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks for reporting.

Suz36
07-20-2011, 09:20 PM
A day without parks? Unheard of! :blush: Actually, it sounded quite relaxing, we just aren't capable of that yet. It would be nice to visit DTD when it's not crowded.

vizsla
07-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the report.