PDA

View Full Version : Friends, Fun and Flowers Day 3

Disney4us2
04-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Happy Birthday to me:party:

We woke early to go to the Animal Kingdom. The girls wanted to ride Everest. They went stand by line while we got 4 fast passes for later.

We did some more photopass shots. I was asking about the magic shots. Found out that the photographers that hold the camera have the magic shots. The ones on the tripods do not have magic shots.

We had ADR's for Yak and Yeti and checked in early. This was our only out of pocket ADR since we were on the dining plan. This was Jessica and my second time here and it didn't disapoint at all. It was just as good as the first time. I had the same thing, the steak and shrimp. Jessica had sweet/sour chicken, Pat had the bourbon chicken and Maddie the shrimp noodles. I was full, but just had to have the fried wonton dessert. Can't wait to go back here in August.

After lunch the girls used up the fastpasses for Everest and we headed over to Dinoland. Jessica wanted to see if she could win another big prize. She won a small prize.. wheww. I didn't have to worry about how to pack that one up. I had to go and visit the dinosaurs and we were soon in our jeeps to see the dino's.

We left AK to go back to the room. The girls went for a quick swim before dinner, while I enjoyed the cool room.

Once ready, we hopped on the bus to Epcot for our dinner at the Garden Grill. I requested the bottom tier and we didn't have to wait long at all. Soon the food and characters were coming around. The food was good and plentiful. Love their salad and bread with the maple butter. Again I was too full for dessert, even the birthday cake that they brought. A magical moment happened though. Mickey was there when they brought the cake and stayed while singing happy birthday.

With dinner done, there was just enough time for a trip on Soarin' before the park closed.

We made it back to the bus before Illuminations ended and there was not a long wait at all.

faline
04-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Lovely birthday celebration day! Happy belated birthday! :party:

yjgirl32
04-24-2011, 08:45 PM
We will be trying Yak & Yeti- sounds yummy. Love Garden Grill. Thanks for the report.

emerzmom
04-25-2011, 03:06 PM
I love birthdays at WDW! I am glad your's was special.

KylesMom
04-26-2011, 09:16 AM
It sounds like you had a lovely birthday, Marci. Crowds really seem to be cooperating for you and the girls, as you are hitting some of the best attractions each day.

I was asking about the magic shots. Found out that the photographers that hold the camera have the magic shots. The ones on the tripods do not have magic shots. I have often wondered what prompted some FP photographers to ask us to pose for the magic shots & others didn't offer. Thanks for the info!

How special did that make you feel, having the Big Cheese himself hang around for the birthday song at GG?! Glad you had a great day! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
04-26-2011, 09:51 AM
What a nice birthday... esp. getting sung to by Mickey!! Doesn't get much better than that at Disney! :cloud9: Sounds like you had a terrific day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Sounds great, thanks for the report

pdrlkr
05-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

brian2000boston
07-03-2011, 01:28 PM
what a great day!

princessgirls
07-04-2011, 12:09 AM
A great day Marci! Happy Birthday! Hope you had a truly Magical Day!!

Thanks for reporting!

Julie:mickey:

January-2007
07-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks for reporting.

Suz36
07-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Happy Belated Birthday! How cool, to celebrate it with Mickey himself!

Thanks for the info about the magic shots - I've filed that tip away for next time.

vizsla
07-21-2011, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the report.