PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Time

WDWfanatic742
04-23-2011, 10:36 PM
It's that time of the year again! (Even with the lockout), What are your team needs?

My Falcons need Defense Defense Defense, basically every single position the way they ended the season in the playoffs last year :(. We'll also need a replacement for Tony G after this year since I can't see him going for two more years. Justin Peelle is okay, but could use someone better. That and another big time wide receiver to make big time plays and keep up with the high scoring Offenses and we'll be good.

Ian
04-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Whatever we need, the Eagles won't draft it. Or if they do they'll draft a dude who can't play. Or if they draft a guy who can play he'll get hurt.

And another decade will go by with no Super Bowls for the Eagles ...

princessgirls
04-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Ian...

You are so funny!!! The Eagles were descent last year. Come on....LOL!

The JETS are having themselves a big 'ole Draft party down at the stadium. Guess they are optimistic that we are even having football....
I'm not so optimistic.
Kind of feel bad for these draft picks, you played your heart out, and waited for the big NFL payout, and instead there is a lockout.
Julie:mickey:

Ian
04-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Ian...

You are so funny!!! The Eagles were descent last year ...Heh ... was this a Freudian slip??

There was a "descent" alright and it started with that horrid playoff loss to the Packers!

princessgirls
04-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Heh ... was this a Freudian slip??

There was a "descent" alright and it started with that horrid playoff loss to the Packers!

oops...a serious Freudian slip!

WDWfanatic742
04-26-2011, 01:21 PM

Your team wasn't the only one that had a horrible playoff loss against them. We can share that pain...

Pagan
04-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Looks like my Dolphins might need a receiver who DOESN'T get stabbed in the offseason. :razz:

The Reservoir Dog
04-27-2011, 05:19 AM
Is there a chance of drafting in someone for Al Davis? :)

Ramblingman
04-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Tampa Bay Bucs fan here. They need a quality pass rusher and a linebacker.

As a out-of-left-field pick, I would love to see them move up a few spots if Julio Jones or AJ Green slip to grab either one. I doubt Green will slip much but depending on how things shake out, Julio could slip down past the top 12. In that case, I would love to see TB make a move for him. He's a tough player who is dependable. I have watched him since high school and he is a player. He's going to make whoever picks him a better team, and the Bucs would have a star to pair with Freeman, Blount and Mike Williams.

WDWfanatic742
04-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Well the Falcons gave up five picks to move up twenty spots for Julio Jones...geez...

Melanie
04-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Uuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This from a Carolina Panthers fan.

WDWfanatic742
04-28-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm happy Pouncey went to Miami. They need a QB horribly, but I'm glad one of my Gators is staying in the state :thumbsup:

Ian
04-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Whatever we need, the Eagles won't draft it. Or if they do they'll draft a dude who can't play. Or if they draft a guy who can play he'll get hurt.Ugh ... another Andy Reid special. A Canadian fireman who went to community college as our first round pick. Fab. :rolleyes:

Well the Falcons gave up five picks to move up twenty spots for Julio Jones...geez...Yeah, that was pretty ridiculous. I think they gave up way too much for a receiver, which really isn't a difference making position in the NFL. Reminded me of the legendary Mike Ditka/Ricky Williams draft.

Pagan
04-29-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm happy Pouncey went to Miami. They need a QB horribly, but I'm glad one of my Gators is staying in the state :thumbsup:
I'm not.

Two aging RBs, a QB with NO confidence, a star WR too busy getting stabbed in the offseason, not another playmaker anywhere NEAR the offense...and we pick center with Ryan Mallet AND Mark Ingram still on the board.

*sigh* :(

Ramblingman
04-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Well the Falcons gave up five picks to move up twenty spots for Julio Jones...geez...

They kind of had the same thought I did, but the big question is did they overpay. Five picks is an awful lot to give up. As someone else said, it reminded me of the Ricky Williams draft for New Orleans.

I still think he will be a major player but good grief that's a lot of picks.

Too bad the Bucs could not have moved up a couple of spots and grabbed Akumara after he dropped so many slots. He could have replaced Aqib Talib. After he went, I was hoping the Bucs would trade down and pick up some extra picks, because there were still so many good DE's available.

Oh well, they wound up picking exactly who they were rumored to pick, in exactly the spot they were supposed to pick. Not exactly exciting, but hardly disappointing.

Melanie
04-29-2011, 01:28 PM
And this probably bugs no one else but me, but what is with the pick being made, and then the person sits there on their phone for 5 minutes? I realize they are most likely talking to their new coach and GM, but annoying to me nonetheless.

I liked the days before cell phones were so popular and they jumped up, hugged their families and made it to the stage in under a minute. ;)

WDWfanatic742
04-29-2011, 02:17 PM
I love the aggressive move to try and get something done now, but what gets me is that for the next two years in the first four rounds the Falcons only have three picks. That's going ALL in on one player when we definitely have needs on the defense.

I'm not.

Two aging RBs, a QB with NO confidence, a star WR too busy getting stabbed in the offseason, not another playmaker anywhere NEAR the offense...and we pick center with Ryan Mallet AND Mark Ingram still on the board.

*sigh* :(

It's the Dolphins, they NEVER pick a quarterback in the first round...

Pagan
04-29-2011, 03:11 PM
It's the Dolphins, they NEVER pick a quarterback in the first round...
They did twice.

Those two wore #12 and #13. ;)

Ian
04-29-2011, 03:18 PM
I love the aggressive move to try and get something done now, but what gets me is that for the next two years in the first four rounds the Falcons only have three picks. That's going ALL in on one player when we definitely have needs on the defense.The thing is, you just don't give up that much for a wide receiver. They actually gave up quite a bit more in this trade than Jerry Jones gave up for Roy Williams and pretty much everyone thought that was stupid.

Receivers just aren't true difference makers, which is why they don't go that high in the draft normally and why sane people don't give up a ton in trade for them.