PDA

View Full Version : Fourth of July????

PercyPug
04-23-2011, 09:18 PM
We will be celebrating our good friend's daughter's graduation at WDW, and will be there the week that includes the 4th of July. We have been to the parks many times, and know that it will be busy, and know that we're not going to be able to really do much, but I honestly have never been to WDW during a busy time, and was wondering if anyone had any advice/helpful hints so that we can make the best of our time there, and try to see some amazing fireworks. Thanks!

DizneyRox
04-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Go early that day and be prepared to stay the day. Make sure you have reservations to eat otherwise you'll be doing counter service meals that day.

The while week will be nutty, but the fourth will be the worst.

Drink lots, use fastpass, and don't overplan, things will go belly up surely because of the crowds. Everything will take longer than you think.

Christine
04-23-2011, 10:42 PM
I truly don't find the fourth and new years eve to be THAT bad. We go every time & I just resolve that the visit will be JUST about the fireworks and I don't worry about being front row center. Just sky is good. It is crazy and ppl want it all! Rides, characters, food, everything! They get very stressed. There's literally little room to wander around. At epcot ppl will be over the railings on the grass because the streets are full.
At MK same thing. Main street will close and traffic in and out of the park will be routed backstage from behind the plaza to beside Tony's (although that happens now sometimes- like during spring break).

Just think things thru a little. Allow extra time for lines. Don't expect much. Amd try not to let the mob mentality of some get you down. It is a spectacular time to see some great fireworks!!

mudpuppysmom
04-26-2011, 11:58 AM
I was there when I was pregnant with my older son. I said I would never go back for the 4th ever in my lifetime.

It's hot
There are TONS of people
People are often rude
There are TONS of people
No room to move around (someone else said this)
MK is full with TONS of people

I think you get that it is busy.

I suggest taking a handful of patience pills and using lots of deep breaths on this day.

I remember going to AK during the day and we did leave and then re-entered MK just as they were closing to all traffic. We (a party of four adults and three small children) made it as far as Casey's before we realized that we were not really going to get much farther into the park -- we did make it to sort of in front of the castle and I'm not kidding when I say you could NOT move -- it was elbow to elbow in there and people were just plain rude about personal space. I was pregnant -- so hot and sticky are a given, but add in the rest and it was just not something that was fun. Sorry it's so negative, but I'd rather not sugar coat it for you. If it's not this bad then you will be prepared for the worst.

Take your time, don't plan much, and remember to try to have fun -- that is what it is all about! Possibly think about viewing fireworks from a non park location....the Poly beach, the GF or Boardwalk area. Those places may not be as crowded and you will see just about as much!