PDA

View Full Version : GF transportation

crazygoalie39
04-23-2011, 08:38 PM
I was reading on another site that you should plan on it taking 45 minutes to get to Epcot from the GF becuse of the overlay at the TTC. Is this acutally true or does it usually not take that long?

faline
04-23-2011, 08:59 PM
I'd say that 45 minutes would be the outside limit. I'd plan more on about 30 minutes, on average. You do need to take the monorail almost all the way around to the Ticket & Transportation Center and, once there, you do need to change monorails so it's possible you'd have a wait there.

CleveRocks
04-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Yeh, the resort monorail is cool, but it's not fast. It's a very very short ride from GF to the next stop, Magic Kingdom. But unlike, say, a subway or rapid transit train, it remains at each stop for several minutes rather than stopping only briefly. So it makes the stop at MK, and then it goes into Contemporary Resort and lingers at the stop there, and only then does it pull into the Transportation & Ticket Center.

At the TTC, you get off the train, walk down the long ramp to exit the platform, and then go up another ramp to get to the Epcot monorail platform.

The good news is that the Epcot monorail has no other stops, so you go right there. It takes about 8 minutes I believe. If you're in a rush, however, it might feel a little frustrating because the monorail beam enters Epcot and loops through Futureworld before meandering back past the front entrance of the park and finally stopping at the station.

I agree with faline that 45 minutes would be a totally worst-case scenario based on maximum wait time for a monorail to arrive at GF and then maximum wait time for an Epcot monorail to arrive at the TTC. I agree that 30 minutes is realistic.

TammiMcMan
04-23-2011, 10:15 PM
I've actually found going to MK and taking the BC/YC resort bus is a faster way to Epcot. You enter through the back International Gateway, which is usually much less crowded too. For whatever reason, we always seem to run into delays with the Epcot monorail.

DizneyRox
04-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Another option is to walk from the Grand to TTC and then grab the monorail from there. I like walking as much as possible though.

The Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club bus is a decent idea too. The problem is though, once you hit the bus stops, you're committed, and thats your only option (without extending your travel time further possibly) once there. if you just miss the bus, you could be looking at a wait for the next bus (30 minutes is a possibility), plus time to fill it, plus travel time, etc. In my experience, park to resort transportation is very spotty in the am, so consider that too.

Disney doesn't run busses on a schedule anymore. It's as needed, so try to always go forward, toward your destination.