PDA

View Full Version : Best week in Oct??

JenniferS.
04-22-2011, 10:08 PM
We were thinking of going the first week of Nov, but after reading some reviews about the weather i'm thinking maybe october is a better option. We have been in Sept. and attended MNSSHP 3 times...so it's not new to us. Which week would be best for lower crowds/weather?? We were thinking Oct. 6-14th. There is a holiday in there that week that I heard FL doesn't get. Thanks!

Daisy'sMom
04-23-2011, 09:04 AM
I would stick with the first week of Nov. The weather is usually gorgeous then. It is always crowded on Columbus Day weekend. And the weather is still very warm. Whatever you decide, have fun.
I don't know what holiday Florida doesn't get. Are you talking about the schools? :mickey:

faline
04-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Columbus Day is a national holiday so I'm not sure why Florida wouldn't get it unless you're referring to Canadian Thanksgiving which happens to fall on the same day as Columbus day?

The Food & Wine festival which runs through all of October and into mid-November also drives up crowds but since you were already planning to go during that time, that shouldn't impact your trip any more than it already would have.

Typically crowds are manageable in October. Weather is still quite warm. Evenings can be cooler but that's not a given. This is still in hurricane season so storms are possible.

Jillirose
04-23-2011, 05:02 PM
We went the week of Halloween a few years back. Practically walked onto every ride! It was busy, but crowds were quickly moving. It was hot - high 70s and 80s. The kids could trick or treat at DTD.

Meteora
04-23-2011, 05:25 PM
We went last October from the 19th to the 26th. We found that crowds were quite manageable, even at the F&W festival--we went on a (non-holiday) Monday.

JenniferS.
04-23-2011, 11:05 PM
I would stick with the first week of Nov. The weather is usually gorgeous then. It is always crowded on Columbus Day weekend. And the weather is still very warm. Whatever you decide, have fun.
I don't know what holiday Florida doesn't get. Are you talking about the schools? :mickey:

Yes, I heard the schools aren't out on Columbus Day.

BugeyedMuggy
04-24-2011, 06:20 AM
2010 we went Oct, Nov & Dec. October the weather was high 80's. In Nov & Dec it was 30's at nite and 50's during the day. It was unusually cold last year but we have gone for years in Oct. and have never been below the 70's. We enjoy Oct the best due to the F&WF.

AllDisney
04-24-2011, 11:28 AM
We went years ago during Halloween crowds were very manageable :thumbsup:
The weather, while we were there was mid 70's to mid 80's. At night a light jacket was needed.

Meteora
04-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Yes, I heard the schools aren't out on Columbus Day.

I don't know about Florida, but most schools across the country get Columbus day, meaning that many families from all over may decide to take advantage of the 3 day weekend to plan a trip. I'd tread carefully around Columbus Day.

faline
04-24-2011, 03:55 PM
The Orange County school calendar shows schools in session on Columbus day (Monday) but off on Friday of that week.

Daisy'sMom
04-24-2011, 04:51 PM
The schools here in Hernando County are always open on Columbus Day. But that does not mean it isn't crowded that weekend. It's pretty packed. We plan to be there this year from the 6th thru the 12th. That is unless some family members don't cancel. Come on Disney, give us some discounts!:mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
04-24-2011, 05:51 PM
We always try to go end of Sept to early Oct. Due to the F&WF beginning in Oct we like to get as much of that event as possible. With that said it will almost always incorporate Columbus weekend. It gets very crowded that weekend so we try to make that our weekend coming home so we have done all we want to do. We can pack, enjoy the resort & relax the last weekend. Just remember what ever week you pick you will be in Disney :cloud9:

alaMode
04-24-2011, 08:21 PM
(10/29-11/1) and we thought it was not very crowded at all. We barely waited for anything-rides, transportation, food, etc. We even attended MNSSHP on Halloween night. It was sold out, but it didn't feel crowded and we had a blast!

The weather was beautiful--definitely warm enough to swim and cool enough to be very comfortable (esp. at night!)

We're planning to do the same thing this year!

NJGIRL
04-24-2011, 08:53 PM
We always go in Oct and the weather has always been good. Last year we went the first week in November and it was cold. That was our first time in November so I have nothing to compare it to.

JenniferS.
04-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks for all your opinions!!! We just booked Oct 27- Nov. 4th!!!!