PDA

View Full Version : What food do you wish was available?

PETE FROM NYC
04-22-2011, 04:54 PM
One of my answerws to that question would be a potato knish. Its easy to get anywhere in NY, but I don't remember seeing it south of NJ.

sorcerer fan
04-22-2011, 07:16 PM
a good brat!

UCJen
04-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Pad Thai

ElenitaB
04-22-2011, 07:45 PM
More regional food in the Liberty Inn in Epcot: how about a good Chicago dog, Memphis BBQ, pastrami and knishes from NY, chowda from Maine/MA, po' boys and beignets from New Orleans, etc., etc.

Dsnygirl
04-22-2011, 08:11 PM
More regional food in the Liberty Inn in Epcot: how about a good Chicago dog, Memphis BBQ, pastrami and knishes from NY, chowda from Maine/MA, po' boys and beignets from New Orleans, etc., etc.

:thumbsup: I totally agree... they really need to get away from the (boring) basics. Wish they took suggestion cards!! ;)

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-22-2011, 09:12 PM

I double agree! It would be a great showcase of "real" American food. DH and I have that conversation every trip.

Now, if we could get poutine and Tim's in the Canadian pavillion, we'd be all set.

jsw123
04-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Indian Chicken Curry. They have some variants at Boma (Yum!) But I'd love an India pavillion with yummy Indian food... Nan, Paneer,....:mickey:

EllieMae
04-22-2011, 10:15 PM

Another agree from me! I can find alot of those foods at home here in TX (or at least a good attempt at the originals) but it would be great to have as a counter service choice at the Liberty Inn. I typically their counter service (even though they do have a great cheeseburger!) because there are so many other great choices around the world showcase.

Magic Smiles
04-23-2011, 04:02 AM
I double agree! It would be a great showcase of "real" American food. DH and I have that conversation every trip.

Now, if we could get poutine and Tim's in the Canadian pavillion, we'd be all set.

And bring back the Beaver Tails at the Canadian Pavilion.

TheVBs
04-23-2011, 07:35 AM
Good coffee!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Good coffee and authentic creole gumbo....

HackLaSalle
04-23-2011, 01:46 PM
I'd like to second the poutine in Canada. Even if it was just a cart to sell it.

I'd also like to agree with more regional American favorites. It's nice to see some of the QS doing "gourmet" dogs and burgers but people come to Disney from all over it would be nice if you went into the American Pavalion you could get a bigger selection of tastes from America!

Finally adding my own: how bout some good buffalo wings? ESPN Zone, Club whatever it is had some but hard to find in the parks and I've always considered it a great park food.

You think Disney reads boards like this and uses our feedback?

disneymom15
04-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Question! What are poutines?

joonyer
04-23-2011, 02:58 PM
I'd like to find good old fashioned southern "soul" food. Fried chicken, collard greens, cornbread, okra, sweet potato pie, etc. And real "sweet" tea.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Question! What are poutines?

Poutine is a french canadian speciality ... fresh cut french fries covered with cheese curds and gravy! I think I survived my entire 2nd year of university on it ... yummy! :eat:

Dopey's Girl
04-23-2011, 11:29 PM
I agree about Liberty Inn. While hot dogs, burgers and chicken fingers are American, a better selection of regional fare would be great!

Jared
04-24-2011, 04:59 PM
I'd like to second the poutine in Canada. Even if it was just a cart to sell it.
Doesn't Le Cellier offer poutine for at least lunch now? I can't comment on its authenticity, but I'm almost positive it exists.

My answer to this question always used to be pizza, but Via Napoli sort of solved that problem. I still wouldn't mind a good New York slice, but the Italian-style pies are quite tasty.

I think everybody on the planet agrees that Liberty Inn could be vastly improved just by adding a few regional items. Honestly, that's a concept that would work well with a table-service restaurant. Craft a menu with a few dishes from each area of the country, and you have an obvious winner.

Disney-4-Me
04-24-2011, 05:40 PM
The only thing I miss while at Disney World is Diet Pepsi!

Magic Smiles
04-24-2011, 10:13 PM
The only thing I miss while at Disney World is Diet Pepsi!

I too miss Diet Pepsi:mickey:

TikiGoddess
04-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Healthier options at Counter Service restaurants. There's usually only one choice that has any nutritional value to it, and if you don't like that choice, you're stuck.

Kathy

ransam
04-25-2011, 10:56 AM
i would love to get some good Thai food.

mickey_M_lvr
04-25-2011, 11:15 AM
I think a lovely romantic Fondue place would be great. I know I am a minority but the hubby and I don't eat sea food....which seems to be the favorite entree of all the romantic places in WDW.

I also have to vote Yes for the more authentic foor at Liberty Inn. America is more than hamburgers and chicken fingers. :)

PrettyMinnie
04-25-2011, 11:23 AM
I'd like to find good old fashioned southern "soul" food. Fried chicken, collard greens, cornbread, okra, sweet potato pie, etc. And real "sweet" tea.

I agree! They could definitely make a themed restaurant serving these dished. Maybe just a CS?

Healthier options at Counter Service restaurants. There's usually only one choice that has any nutritional value to it, and if you don't like that choice, you're stuck.

Kathy

On a healthier note, I 100% agree with this. A lot of place outside of WDW have opted to keep their same options and just modify them to make them healthier. And of course some original health inspired dished at the CS restaurants would be lovely as well!

ILoveLegos
04-25-2011, 03:27 PM
A decent fix of Southern favorites can be found at Port Orleans Riverside - Boatright's Dining Hall. :thumbsup:

joonyer
04-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the tip. We've never been to Boatright's (or stayed at POR). We'll have to give it a try on our next trip, when it'll be just DW and I, no kids!

BAMABOY
04-26-2011, 01:19 PM
How about a :trio: HOOTERS! :trio:

If youg gonna dream, dream BIG! :cheers:

AXOAlum
04-26-2011, 05:04 PM

Kathy

:ditto: We are vegetarians and we don't enjoy our kids only being offered mac & cheese! Plus, DAK is the worst for veggie offerings (a cheese pizza or fruit & yogurt plate) :mad: With all the amazing veggie selections at Boma, you'd think they could get SOMETHING better at DAK! I feel awful for vegans - they get nothing there!

waymickey
04-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Taylor ham and cheese on a hard roll! yum has to be Taylors ham not that other stuff.

CanadaLovesDisney
04-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Pretty disappointed that chocolate chip cookie dough ice-cream disappeared. And the toll house ice-cream sandwhiches are so hard to find!!!!! I only found them in goofys candy store in DTD last trip!! :(

Disney OB RN
04-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Okay,now I gotta have some poutine!:D

garymacd
04-27-2011, 10:13 PM
How about some GOOD pizza?

PETE FROM NYC
04-29-2011, 04:50 PM
How about some GOOD pizza?

As a NYC bred of Italian heritage, I don't think they will ever have pizza thats acceptable to me.
Next trip, I will try the new place at Italy, but I am not expecting much.
IMHO, WDWs verion of pizza is tourist pizza at its worst.

RAIDER
04-30-2011, 04:14 AM
I know Spains not there ,but a decent Paella would be nice along with a nice jug of Sangria for those hot days . ( A tapas bar theme would be good )

A jacket potatoe with loads of different fillings would be great too :thumbsup:

DNS
04-30-2011, 01:38 PM

This is what I have been hoping for a long time. Enough with the boring burgers and fries! Regional food would be truly representative of the food in this country.

Bellerella
05-01-2011, 03:18 AM
I wish they had a Greece pavilion at Epcot... That would add a whole new variety of yummy food if they did! Otherwise, Epcot is pretty much perfect in my eyes (I have never been to Liberty Inn, probably never will. You can get American food at all of the other parks!)

I wish they had a decent selection of food at Magic Kingdom. Other than Tony's or Crystal Palace for breakfast, there really isn't anything I like. I know that they try to make everything kid friendly... but they could offer some tasty food for adults. We generally try to structure our days so that we don't have to eat at MK at all.

DisneyDINK
05-01-2011, 10:18 AM
When I went in January of this year Le Cellier had poutine as an appetizer. Just OK on the authenticity (no curds, melted cheddar), but it was really good! I'm not sure they kept it when they reworked the menu when they went to 2 TS on the DDP.

I think they need a good taco truck in DHS. That would be very L.A. It would be nice if they served pupusas; they're an El Salvadoran stuffed masa pancake tortilla thingy. Yummy!

catkrazy
05-01-2011, 08:02 PM
I second the "soul food" southern option, House of Blues has some good stuff but I am thinking more homestyle.

garymacd
05-01-2011, 09:22 PM
As a NYC bred of Italian heritage, I don't think they will ever have pizza thats acceptable to me.
Next trip, I will try the new place at Italy, but I am not expecting much.
IMHO, WDWs verion of pizza is tourist pizza at its worst.

I agree. I had some pizza in Manhattan a few years ago at a place just up the street from David Letterman's theatre. They used a coal fired oven. It was one of the best pizzas I have ever had! Why can't they do that?

squad51
05-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Brats cooked in beer then grilled. Dunk that in secret stadium sauce from Miller Park.

Also some deep dish pizza. I cannot stand New York style pizza.

garymacd
05-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Also some deep dish pizza. I cannot stand New York style pizza.

Oh boy! Here we go! Get yer peanuts n' popcorn now before the rush!

Dragongirlx
05-03-2011, 04:09 AM
Irn Bru to drink and how about a boxty

elmjimmlm
05-03-2011, 08:03 AM
I don't know if WDW has them or not but I don't think that I have seen donuts in the parks...Am I overlooking something?

queenmom9497
05-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Being from Wisconsin, one item we miss when we are down at WDW is deep fried cheese curds. The Beer battered ones are the best and WDW just doesn't have a place with good ones. Sure, a couple of places have "mozzarella" but that isn't the same as the cheddar cheese ones. Mmmmm....but, being at WDW has it's own culinary rewards so we just wait until we are home to gorge on our cheese curds and beer!

azcavalier
05-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Here's another who doesn't like New York style pizza. Give me Chicago Deep Dish any day.

However, the only thing that I really wish I could get at WDW is the ham and broccoli slaw sandwich that they used to offer at Columbia Harbor House. It was my favorite item in all of Magic Kingdom. Then it just went away....

Pop Centurion
05-03-2011, 11:29 AM
I always wished Casey's had chicken or turkey dogs. I don't eat beef or pork but always crave a hot dog when I pass Casey's

Turkey Burgers in the parks would be nice as well.

squad51
05-03-2011, 09:07 PM
In Wisconsin we don't have ice cream. We have frozen custard. WDW needs to replace the ice cream with frozen custard. One taste and you will feel like you died and went to heaven.

I also agree with the cheese curds but I don't think they could be fresh enough that far from the home of the greatest curds in the world. WDW would need to build a cheese factory at the land.

Pop Centurion
05-04-2011, 04:12 PM
In Wisconsin we don't have ice cream. We have frozen custard. WDW needs to replace the ice cream with frozen custard. One taste and you will feel like you died and went to heaven.Agreed. Most of the "soft serve" there is iced milk but Aloha Isle does have vanilla custard. I usually get that on my Dole float instead of Pineapple when I don't want something too sweet. Not sure if any other spots have custard since I don't get many frozen treats since they melt so quick in the Sept heat/humidity & make a mess.

McLiberal8
05-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Veggie dogs. I was never a big fan of burgers during my meat-eating days, but I miss hot dogs a LOT. It would be great if Casey's or Cosmic Ray's offered a veggie dog!

BandMan
05-05-2011, 01:46 PM
In Wisconsin we don't have ice cream. We have frozen custard.

Um ... not exactly true. Yes, we're the home of Culver's, and other great custard places, but there's lots of places to get ice cream in WI.

I, too, would love a real grilled WI brat. The bratwurst we had in Germany was not what I think of as brats at all.

I also agree with the cheese curds but I don't think they could be fresh enough that far from the home of the greatest curds in the world. WDW would need to build a cheese factory at the land.

Exactly. Those who aren't from here will never know .... :thumbsup:

squad51
05-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Bandman

Come down to Milwaukee and try Kopp's. We have Culvers, Kopps, Leon's, and Gillies. No ice cream in the world can compare to the frozen custard at these establishments. Smooth texture, creamy taste, great flavors; great now I want some. See ya I'm off to get some. Wonder what the flavor of the day is?