PDA

View Full Version : EMH midnight and beyond

ipgfb01
04-22-2011, 04:09 PM
I've been to Disney several times but never during Easter nor during a Late Magic hour time. Friends are going next week/the week that starts with Easter and asking me for advice. My questions to the board are - How are the crowds at 11:00 pm, midnight and 1:00 am on those magic hours nights? Should I give them the Pre-open/rope drop method which only lasts a hour or two or have them go from evening and stay into the wee hours?

Thanks,

DizneyRox
04-22-2011, 04:36 PM
During the buzy summer months, night time EMH at MK anyway was a mad house for the first two hours. It got quiet after that, that was sometimes 2am though.

The other parks have never been that busy from my experience.

MOJoe
04-22-2011, 04:58 PM
It depends on how well they can plan and stick to a schedule, and what they like to do. If you are an early riser, being at rope drop gets you a head start on the masses. You kinda have to rush from attraction to attraction, but it is possible to hit the majority of your favorites by noon. You can then do whatever for the rest of your day.

If you like staying up late, then late EMH can work. But only if you plan on staying till the very end. To do it right, take a nap in the late afternoon. That way you will not melt down and leave with everyone else. Crowds can vary greatly. But your best bet is that it will stay busy till the final hour. That hour, however, is golden. No rushing around, you can do whatever you like. And it feels like you have the whole park to yourself. With the possible exception of Space Mountain, and Peter Pan's Flight, there should be no lines, anywhere.

The downside to late EMH, especially if it runs to 3 am, is that your next day is shot. You probably won't get moving till afternoon. So take that into consideration as well. I'm planning for a 3 am run myself, May 22nd. So i enjoy the late hours. But i also will do at least 1 early EMH, and a couple of 9 am rope drops. Hey, whatever it takes to beat the masses!

DisneyTopper
04-23-2011, 09:58 AM
I was about to ask this same question. I am debating whether or not to stick it out with the evening EMH for MK in mid-June. The kids are willing to do it but hubby not so thrilled. Especially since he is normally asleep by 9:30 in the real world.

If it will still be jam-packed until 1 am, I think it may be best to avoid. Any other experiences out there?

CanadaLovesDisney
04-23-2011, 12:26 PM
We never do the extra morning hours. We get up early for work this is our holiday to relax by the pool, enjoy breakfast etc. We always take advantage of the extra evening hours and we have found in the summer about an hour into the extra evening hours you will see lines decrease. Parades and fireworks are over and little ones are taken to bed so there are usually Alot less people. Now this is not always the case but I've seen it in august. I remember we road haunted mansion 3 times in a row and twice we were the only people in the stretching room and on the ride!!! Splash mountain and big thunder were walk ons! June and july are typically busier then august in terms of the summer months. But extra evening hours works for our group.

PrettyMinnie
04-23-2011, 02:16 PM
We have gone during busy times of the year and found that evening EMH are great for big kids that can stay up late. Yes they parks a busy when they start especially right after Wishes in MK. We had luck going straight back to Adventurland and then making our way around. By midnight the park had cleared out and it was a very relaxing atmosphere. If you are going during a busy time of year and worried about not getting to see and do everything, late EMH are a good option IMHO. We only had 3 days in Disney but were able to hit almost everything in MK during the late, late EMH, it's also a cool experience. :thumbsup:

ransam
04-24-2011, 03:35 AM
Happy Easter, and have a magical trip.