PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris

Fortgoofy97
04-22-2011, 01:13 PM
We are headed to Paris at the beginning of June and plan on spending at least 3 nights at Disney. Looking for any suggestions from those who have been as to which resort, how long need for each park and any other suggestions. First time there so anything would help!:thumbsup:

Niecyboo
04-22-2011, 01:56 PM
One very important thing to know, especially in summer, is that not all hotels in the Disneyland Resort area have air conditioning! It's something I think we take for granted in the states, but as you look at hotels, you might want to ask to be sure.

AllDisney
04-22-2011, 03:45 PM
I don't have an answer but will follow this thread because we are heading to Paris in September:)

tadshome
04-22-2011, 05:44 PM
My favourute DLP hotel is the New York, it has great theming and is really close to Disney Village.

Pirate Granny
04-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Been twice...stayed at Newport Beach and Sequoia Lodge...only two parks. First time we landed in Paris and took the Disney shuttle to the lodge...stayed three nights...and then took the RER train to Paris for the rest of our trip. Second time we had rented a car and were coming from the Loire Valley...turned the car in at the Disney location, and three nights later we took the shuttle to the airport...you do have to pay for those shuttles, but very convenient. It's a really different experience. Have lunch or dinner at the restaurant overlooking the POC...a real treat and reasonably price...get a breakfast reservation in fantasyland...it's not as clean or taken care of like the US Parks...that was interesting.

dlpmikki
04-23-2011, 04:47 AM
Don't miss the dragon under the castle!

You will need more time in MK than studios although they have been adding to the studios lately.

BTMR is excellent in Paris and Space Mountain is more like RnRC with loops.

Hotels - New York is fun, Disneyland is right over the entrance to the parks, Sequoia also nice theming and reasonable walk to parks.

Think French hotels still have smoking rooms which is good if you smoke but bad if you are trying to get one that doesn't stink of it.

Are you staying on DVC points? If so you have to buy length of stay passes. You may also like to ask this question in Mousellaneous where you may get more answers.

goofybob
04-23-2011, 04:12 PM
We have been 4 times, just came back last weekend. Stayed at the Sante Fe and Newport Bay but the last 2 times we have stayed at the Marriot Resort that is only a mile away. It is more like a DVC than anything at DLP. You can walk to the little town, visit the Carfour and buy groceries for your visit. Having a 2 bedroom with a full kitchen, living room and dining room, indoor pool on property makes it worth paying cash and if we didn't visit a park we didn't feel like we wasted a day since we didn't have to buy length of stay. I feel the Disney resorts can't compare to what we are accustomed to back in the US.

Zawadi
04-23-2011, 05:10 PM
We've been to DLR Paris 3 times.

The following intercot thread links are to a 2-part trip report from Dec 2010.

DLR Paris trip report part 1 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=177820)

DLR Paris trip report part 2 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=177834)

MinnieMommie
04-23-2011, 06:01 PM
We have been 4 times, just came back last weekend. Stayed at the Sante Fe and Newport Bay but the last 2 times we have stayed at the Marriot Resort that is only a mile away. It is more like a DVC than anything at DLP. You can walk to the little town, visit the Carfour and buy groceries for your visit. Having a 2 bedroom with a full kitchen, living room and dining room, indoor pool on property makes it worth paying cash and if we didn't visit a park we didn't feel like we wasted a day since we didn't have to buy length of stay. I feel the Disney resorts can't compare to what we are accustomed to back in the US.

What is the name of the Marriott you stayed at a mile away from DLP? I would like to look it up. This sounds like something to consider. :mickey:

goofybob
04-24-2011, 03:31 AM
Marriott's Village d'lle-de-France is about a mile from the Disney Village. They run a shuttle that is 2.50 but the Paris Metro pass allows you to ride bus 34, a 10 minute ride, to the park/train station.

MinnieMommie
04-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Marriott's Village d'lle-de-France is about a mile from the Disney Village. They run a shuttle that is 2.50 but the Paris Metro pass allows you to ride bus 34, a 10 minute ride, to the park/train station.

Thanks - I will check this out. There are a few things that may make this a better choice for me rather than using DVC points.

Wondering if this might be an easy walk since it is just a mile away. Any advice?

MarkC
04-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Just curious if there was a lot of smoking in the parks in Paris. I know European's arent' as anti-smoking yet as us in the good ol' USA. I hate smoke and I wouldn't want to have a vacation ruined if it was constantly around. Thanks.

Zawadi
04-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Just curious if there was a lot of smoking in the parks in Paris. I know European's arent' as anti-smoking yet as us in the good ol' USA. I hate smoke and I wouldn't want to have a vacation ruined if it was constantly around. Thanks.

There are smoking areas but some people still smoke as they walk around and waiting in lines.

Pirate Granny
04-25-2011, 07:49 PM
There are ciggy butts all over the ground...no one bothers to put them in the proper ashtray.

dlpmikki
04-26-2011, 03:27 AM
Thanks - I will check this out. There are a few things that may make this a better choice for me rather than using DVC points.

Wondering if this might be an easy walk since it is just a mile away. Any advice?

I wouldn't want to walk it but I guess walking may be more direct than the shuttle which takes 5-10 minutes to get there.

The place is a Marriott timeshare and what I still find amazing is that when it was starting up you found booths all over Disneyland Paris selling it, just like the DVC ones in the US.

MinnieMommie
04-27-2011, 06:15 AM
Interresting - thank you Mikki. :mickey:

hallijonny
04-27-2012, 03:15 AM
Disneyland is one of the best place in Paris. We also pre-booking ticket through on-line process. Most of the hotels provides discount offers for pre-booking tickets. Traveling sources like shuttles, local trains, taxis etc., are available in frequent timings and guides also provides information which we need., Local trains are available for every few minutes. Disneyland resort provides both indoor and outdoor facilities like swimming pools, fitness centers, tennis court etc., Every visitor enjoyed very much when visiting Disneyland.