PDA

View Full Version : POR- No more double beds by Christmas!

kottesen
04-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Just called POFQ and was told that not only does POFQ have queen beds now, but that by Christmas most of POR should be done as well. So excited! We were going to stay at CSR because of the more comfortable beds. I love Port Orleans!

kottesen
04-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Called POR to get more specifics and was told that buildings 80 & 85 will be the first to be refurbed and those building will be done by September.
The refurb begins in June and finishes in Feb. 2012.

Puppy Mom
04-22-2011, 10:35 AM
I am glad that makes you happy, but my BF and I are NOT happy about it.

As "pooh sized" people, the two full beds gave each of us our own big space to stretch out. We also liked that one of us could go to sleep undisturbed while the other could still be getting up and down without jiggling the sleeper. The move to queen beds gives us less space.

Some things don't need to be "improved", but I am sure one queen bed per room is less expensive to replace in the long run than two full sized ones.

crazygoalie39
04-22-2011, 10:49 AM
I am glad that makes you happy, but my BF and I are NOT happy about it.

As "pooh sized" people, the two full beds gave each of us our own big space to stretch out. We also liked that one of us could go to sleep undisturbed while the other could still be getting up and down without jiggling the sleeper. The move to queen beds gives us less space.

Some things don't need to be "improved", but I am sure one queen bed per room is less expensive to replace in the long run than two full sized ones.

How do queen beds give you less space? The beds are bigger. It will give you a little less room to talk walk around the beds however. And there are still going to be two beds, they will just be queens instead of fulls.

disneymom15
04-22-2011, 10:54 AM
My understanding is there will be 2 queen beds instead of 2 double beds.

BrerGnat
04-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Yes, they are putting 2 beds in each room. They have to maintain the room occupancy, and having only one bed wouldn't allow 4 in a room.

I'm very happy about this. I like the mods but HATED the double beds. In fact, we won't stay at any hotel that only has double beds. It's just not enough room to be comfortable (and we're small people, but we like our space). :D

This move opens up the Mods again, in my opinion, for future family stays when we want to save some $$$.

kottesen
04-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Yes, it's a 1 to 1 ratio. Each full-size bed is being replaced with a queen-size bed.
Disney is trying to keep up with the more comfortable off property hotels like Marriott where 2 queen beds is the standard.

ransam
04-22-2011, 11:15 AM
is this for all moderates?

kottesen
04-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Coronado Springs already has queen size beds. Don't know about Caribbean Beach Resort.

btharvey
04-22-2011, 11:26 AM
AFAIK, CBR still has doubles. I think that the writer was thinking that Kings were being replaced by queens, perhaps.

Well, the queens opens up my reservations considerably!! I'm more "Kanga-sized" than "Pooh-sized." (Used to be more "Heffalump-sized," but that's another story!)

MissTink
04-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Anybody know if the trundle beds will be completely gone? Having 3 kids between 3 and 7 years old we fit capacity in this room... 2 queens with no trundle would mean changing resorts....