PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream Sundae Bar?

merrie864
04-21-2011, 06:34 PM
My family is traveling to Disney in June and my DS has a lactose intolerance issue. Does anyone know if the various ice cream sundae bars have sherbet or sorbet on them? I know I can call Diney Special Diets and make a special request, but I am curious if they have it there already?

ElenitaB
04-21-2011, 07:27 PM
I haven't heard of sorbet being offered as a sub, but you will be able to get a dish of Tofutti or Rice Dream (isn't sherbet made with milk?). Make sure to annotate his requirements on your ADR.

merrie864
04-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Shebert does have milk but not as much. It seems to be an intolerance to a milk protein. The more processed it is the more he can eat. No milk and no ice cream. A little cheese.
Yogurt is OK.

PETE FROM NYC
04-22-2011, 04:50 PM
I know that I had a sugar free raspberry sorbet at the Plaza Restaurant last year.
I found it at a few other places, but I cannot remember.

Fastpasssteve
04-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Some place in Italy (EPCOT) might serve a fruit sorbetto, and France serves a couple different slushies that are totally alcoholic! Lovely.

There are various ice cream carts in the parks that serve strawberry or pineapple frozen juice bars.

You may enjoy the Rice Cream from the bakery in Norway (EPCOT).

Of course, there's always the Dole Whip in Adventureland (Magic Kingdom).

Beaches and Cream (Beach Club Resort - by Boardwalk) serves Orange sherbet, as well as frozen Strawberry Yogurt.

Enjoy and good luck.