PDA

View Full Version : Monorail Colors

MarkC
04-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Help anyone-- through the help of ebay I've been trying to collect most (if not all) of the monorail trains Disney has produced. I have black, red, teal blue, yellow, green and gold. I know there is purple out there and someone said orange is currently being sold in the parks. Is that accurrate? Are there any other colors I'm missing? I've got a big oval in the basement and it looks like the real line with different trains of different colors on it. Thanks.

BraddyB
04-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Cant help you, but wanted to say that sounded really cool. Do you have any pics of it?

caryrae
04-21-2011, 04:33 PM
I looked on wikipedia for Disney World Monorails and they gave these colors.

The current train identification colors include:

Red
Coral
Orange
Gold
Yellow
Teal
Lime
Green
Blue
Silver
Black

Retired colors:

Purple (retired)
Pink (retired)

Then or course there was the "Tron" monorail too.

MarkC
04-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Brady-- the only pic I have is of 4 of the colors on my big oval and that's only a blackberry pic. I'll send you a pm and we can try to get you one.

The green and gold ones are on their way due to recent ebay purchases.

doombuggy
04-26-2011, 03:17 PM
We have black & blue in our shop right now. Note that these are the ones with the characters that can be inserted. I have a monorail at home that I bought in 2000 or 2001 that I am pretty sure is black...

MarkC
04-26-2011, 03:48 PM
I think they are recycling some colors. I now have six of them-- the red, black, yellow and gold are the older traditional style. The teal blue and green have the retractable roofs with the ability to insert characters. The motor on my blue one is really slow (I bought it on ebay) so I probably need to order a new engine for it. Otherwise this only leaves purple as the retired color I don't have. I think someone said orange is currently available in the parks. If someone can verify that I would appreciate it. If not we'll be there in September. Thanks.

SmallWorldBobby
01-08-2012, 12:28 PM
It looks like you are missing Orange, Silver, Lime, and Purple. There is also the limited edition Silver monorail sold only at a Disneyana event (300 made I think). It's very rare and VERY expensive when/if it comes up on eBay.

And, of course, it's up to you if you want to re-purchase some of new newer cars of the same color. Looks like they are re-issuing colors in the newer style with opening doors.