PDA

View Full Version : Is early september still a good time to visit?

dyin tago
04-21-2011, 12:46 AM
hello,

wife and I have been to the world a few times in september but not for 3 years now.

we are booked for 12 nights at the beginning of september this year with free dining.

Is the beginning of september still a good time to go other than the horrible heat?

crowd levels have apparently changed the past couple of years and hopefully it won`t be too busy.

crazygoalie39
04-21-2011, 01:17 AM
I would imagine that this is a great time to go as kids have just started school at that time.

RedSoxandPatsfan
04-21-2011, 06:30 AM
We went last year over Labor day Weekend (6 day trip). Crowds seemed very manageable. Port Orleans Riverside seemed packed, but as soon as we got to the parks the crowds seemed small. Most rides were walk on or very short waits and the longerish ones 30 minutes or so we just FP'd.

It was hot though, and afternoon thunderstorms are probable every day, but they didn't last too long.

Have fun,

Strmchsr
04-21-2011, 08:29 AM
The crowds are definitely manageable. The have gone up considerably the last few years because of the "free" dining offer for Sept, but it's still not bad. Also, even though it's peak hurricane season, there hasn't been a direct hit on FL by a hurricane for a few years now and people have forgotten that this can happen, which has driven up crowds. The next Sept hurricane we get in FL will probably discourage people from that month the following year if normal patterns prevail.

faline
04-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Very nice time to visit Disney World!

It is hurricane season so there is always the possibility of a hurricane and/or tropical storm during this period of time. Generally, though, weather is hot and humid and there are some thunder storms around.

Crowds are typically quite manageable.

Enjoy!

vicster
04-21-2011, 09:09 AM
We've gone in September the past 10 years and love it! Can't imagine why we ever went in the summer.

disneymom15
04-21-2011, 09:34 AM
We've been there the last 2 years and going again this year. Crowds are low and most rides are walk on. We love TSM at DHS, and if I remember correctly, we were able to ride it 10 or more times each trip.

TiggerDeb
04-25-2011, 11:04 AM
September, especially early, is wonderful. We go every year right after Labor day for 10 days and the crowds are manageable. The heat is still oppressive but we take breaks during the day and go back to resort and swim and relax by the pool and then go out in the evening.:mickey:

MarkC
04-25-2011, 11:35 AM
We're going during Labor Day week so I hope its quite manageable. We expect Monday to be a little busy but the rest of the week to be quiet.