PDA

View Full Version : Yacht Club food store

jake
04-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Can anyone tell me if the Yacht Club has it's own General Store or do they share with the Beach Club?

BrerGnat
04-20-2011, 02:37 PM
They do not. They have a small gift shop with some snacks and stuff, but the main food is sold at the Beach Club Marketplace.

Dream'nDisney
04-21-2011, 12:27 AM
Also, depending on where your room is situated at the YC, it might be a closer walk over to the Dolphin and grab something at the 24-hour food court "Picabus."

MOJoe
04-21-2011, 12:03 PM
I can see why someone would want to go to Picabu instead of the BC Marketplace. Especially if they are staying at the YC. There is a bigger selection of nearly everything. And Starbucks Coffee was served when we were there.
But it is not closer to any room in the YC than the BC Marketplace. Picabu is on the pool side of the resort. And it's quite a walk even if you are staying in the Dolphin!

BrerGnat
04-21-2011, 12:16 PM
I can see why someone would want to go to Picabu instead of the BC Marketplace. Especially if they are staying at the YC. There is a bigger selection of nearly everything. And Starbucks Coffee was served when we were there.
But it is not closer to any room in the YC than the BC Marketplace. Picabu is on the pool side of the resort. And it's quite a walk even if you are staying in the Dolphin!

No, Picabu is not by the pool. It's just inside the main lobby, downstairs. If you were staying on the far end of the YC, in the wing out by the marina, it is actually less distance to go to Picabu than the BC Marketplace. I plotted it on Google Earth!

It's 0.20 miles from that wing to Picabu, following the "zig zag path" that runs along the outside of the Dolphin.

Following the outside path, it's 0.30 miles to the BC Marketplace. By following the interior hallways, the distance is even more..0.35 miles!

I was curious, because when we stayed at the BC last year, I remember thinking how long of a walk it would be to the Marketplace every morning if you were staying in that far wing of the YC!

Dream'nDisney
04-25-2011, 11:08 AM
I agree that it is closer to Picabu's from certain rooms at YC, than to the BC Marketplace. Plus, the Marketplace isn't open 24 hours. That zig zag walk is a little bit of a pain though. :blush: Also, you can't get a steak, cheeseburger or a hot roast meal at Marketplace.

jake
04-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks everyone but 1 more question. Does Picabu take the Disney meal plan?

MOJoe
04-25-2011, 12:33 PM
No Disney Dining plan at Picabu. Sorry. Guess i missed the distance. I've stayed in this area several times, and had no idea that some YC rooms could be as close to Picabu as the BC Marketplace.
When you go looking for Picabu, it is not just inside the doors. That is where The Fountain ice cream shop is, as well as Fresh Mediterranean Market. Turn left and walk past those places, and continue on. You'll make a few more zig zag turns until you come to Picabu.