PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining this summer

Pally
04-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Is there any free dining this summer. Did I miss something or am I just wishing:mickey:

faline
04-20-2011, 10:28 AM
They did have a promo for a variety of dates in 2011. That promo needed to be booked by last December.

I've heard some folks have received special offers (pins) for free dining but haven't seen an additional general offers.

Keep an eye on the accommodations forum for any specials that might be announced.

joonyer
04-20-2011, 11:51 AM
I received an email pin code offer today for free dining with a 5 night stay good through August 13. But we don't go in the summer anymore. Too crowded and too hot. Maybe that's why they're making this offer to us. :confused: I have not seen any general public offers.

mook3y
04-20-2011, 12:01 PM
I received an email pin code offer today for free dining with a 5 night stay good through August 13. But we don;t go in the summer anymore. Too crowded and too hot. Maybe that's why they're making this offer to us. :confused: I have not seen any general public offers.

We got a pin today too.

Free Counter Service dining if staying at a value or moderate.

Free DDP if staying at Deluxe.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
04-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Same here, got the same email PIN code from Disney Destinations last night. Not as good as the one we used last December but still.

Has to be booked by end of this month and is thru 8/13 if I remember correctly.

Pally
04-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the update.

Here's hoping for a pin:mickey:

Momto2Princesses&1Pirate
04-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Call Disney and ask them to check and see if a PIN code is available for you. After reading on here that several people had received them for summer, I decided to just call and check - we had one (I still haven't received anything in the mail though). It's worth a shot.

TheRustyScupper
04-21-2011, 09:20 PM
1) They had a public offer for Free-DDP.
2) Now, they have a pin-code for Free-DDP.

motherof4
04-27-2011, 09:57 AM
I got free dining for aug 19 thru aug 31st but a booked my trip in sept 2010. I guess you had to book last year to get it.

princessgirls
04-27-2011, 10:28 AM
As Faline and the previous poster mentioned, they did offer a public free dining promo, I think it was released in September, for most of the same dates they have done in the past. It needed to be booked by 12/20/10.

The promo started on August 19 and had various dates, basically the same ones as usual.

Pin codes are going around. I hope you get what you are looking for.

Julie:mickey:

waymickey
04-27-2011, 10:31 AM
I want that PIN so BAD!!!:(

Magic Smiles
04-28-2011, 10:09 AM
I want that PIN so BAD!!!:(
Call and see if there is one attached to your name. We booked through Magical Journeys without the dining and then a co-worker called WDW directly to book and found out she had a pin for free dining connected to her name. Never received any notification from WDW about it. I then emailed MJ back and they called WDW just to check again and sure enough my DH now had a pin attached to his name for free dining. MJ then changed our reservations from a room only to a package.
Between booking the 1st time and the 2nd time with the free dining, we had ordered the 2011 DVD. Not sure if this generated our free dining pin or not, but we ended up with a pin and free dining.
It is definitely worth a call to WDW.

Pally
05-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Well, I was excited to have received a pin today which included free dining but the days are not convenient. They are Aug 28 to Sept 24. My oldest will be starting University this year and the other is in grade 11 so we cannot miss the start of school this time. I was hoping it would have started around the 21st. We had gone a few years ago around that time and loved it.

Boo Hoo. Missing out.:(

amy853
05-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Hi Everyone!
This is my first post! I am booked for a trip this December (6-13) and was wondering if anyone knew if Disney historically offers a free dining plan during this time? If so, do you recall when they started to advertise it to the public? Thank you so much! You all have such wonderful advice!:mickey: