PDA

View Full Version : Refillable mugs on DDP

squad51
04-19-2011, 05:34 PM
I was reading my Passporter guide book for this year and saw something I did not know. Does the magic your way plus dining plan include refillable mugs for everyone? If this is true then it just saved us about $100. We booked our Magic your way plus dining plan through AAA. Has anyone else been to the world on this same plan through AAA and what did they all get? I'm thinking I may be missing out on discounts or free things.

LorrieP
04-19-2011, 05:59 PM
I thought the mugs only came with the Counter Service and Deluxe dining plans and not with the basic plan.

squad51
04-19-2011, 06:04 PM
I dont know because the book says the plan includes everything in the basic plan. the confusion is that things like the mugs and discounts are mentioned in the basic magic your way plan.

Strmchsr
04-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Mugs do NOT come with the basic plan. I know it may be confusing, but, as stayed above, that's only with the QS and Deluxe plans.

akaDisneyDreamer
04-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Refillable mugs were included when I used the Deluxe Dining Plan last summer, but on previous trips when I used the regular dining plan, we bought them ourselves.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
04-19-2011, 11:23 PM
It's been several years since we booked thru AAA. Besides the room discount the additional AAA perks were pretty minimum. I think there is prefered parking in the Park lots, but if you take resort buses it doesn't really matter.

AAA used to have sort of a welcome lounge at the Magic Kingdom, back by Buzz Lightyear. I don't think its there any more. You used to be able to go in there, take a break and enjoy a free pop.

Otherwise, you might get some free luggage tags or something, but the biggest perk in using AAA is usually the room discounts. That said, with the economy the past two plus years the room discounts that Disney offers generally exceeds what you would get using the AAA discount.