PDA

View Full Version : Riding the Monorail

goofygonewild
04-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Can you ride the monorail if you are not staying at a resort the it services? My kids want to ride it next year when we go but we will be staying at a value resort. Also, where do you get on it at? I appreciate any info!

faline
04-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Anyone with valid tickets to any of the Disney parks can ride the monorail. There are three monorail lines.

The Epcot line can be reached at the Ticket and Transportation Center. If you want to ride it, just stay on when you get to Epcot and you will come right back to the Ticket and Transportation Center. The express monorail line for the Magic Kingdom. You can board at either the Magic Kingdom or the Ticket and Transportation Center. This line makes only those two stops and no others. The monorail resort line. You can board this at one of the following: Magic Kingdom, Contemporary, Ticket and Transportation Center, Polynesian, or Grand Floridian. This line stops at each of those locations. You can get off at any one of those destinations or stay on board for a complete circuit.

Have fun!

joonyer
04-19-2011, 01:10 PM
yes, anyone can ride the monorail. It is not limited to resort guests. You don't even have to have a park pass, at least we've never been asked to show one.

BWayGrl
04-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Anyone can ride the monorail!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there are two separate loops. One loop consists of the Magic Kingdom, Polynesian, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and The Transportation and Ticket Center. The other loop is the TTC and Epcot. So if you are in Magic Kingdom, and want to get to Epcot, you have to ride it to the TTC and change cars to get to Epcot.

faline
04-19-2011, 01:21 PM
So if you are in Magic Kingdom, and want to get to Epcot, you have to ride it to the TTC and change cars to get to Epcot.

This is correct. However, there is a third loop which does not stop at any of the resorts but does travel between the Magic Kingdom and the Ticket and Transportation Center.

KatieDuck22
04-19-2011, 01:39 PM
You can get on the monorail at the Poly, the contemporary, the Grand Flo, the ticket and transportation center, the MK, or Epcot!

It's a very exciting ride:D

goofygonewild
04-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Awesome!! So if we got on at MK and rode the round trip, about how long would that take?

faline
04-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Probably 20 - 30 minutes. However, there are some times when the trains run a little slower such as when the parks are emptying or when they are adding or taking a monorail off the line.

MarkC
04-19-2011, 04:15 PM
The only downside now is that no one is allowed to ride in the front car with the pilot. I understand Disney's position due to liability issues but that was always a good cheap thrill.

Zawadi
04-19-2011, 04:43 PM
The only downside now is that no one is allowed to ride in the front car with the pilot. I understand Disney's position due to liability issues but that was always a good cheap thrill.

The ability for guests to ride with the pilot was terminated following the unfortunate accident that resulted in the death of CM Austin Wuennenberg in July 2009.

DisneyDoug2
04-26-2011, 01:36 PM
You have not stayed at Disney unless you ride the monorail and its the only ride that is free!