PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten in October

Juicy1122
04-19-2011, 09:35 AM
We have never been to Biergarten and when I was making ADRs this morning this restaurant is booked for lunch and dinner for each day I tired.

Is this typical for Biergarten? I am going to keep trying, but I did not think this restaurant was this popular!

DizneyRox
04-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Biergarten is another one of those at least once per trip (hopefully more) restaurants. Last year (July), I remember a line about 20-30 deep to get in, which was odd I thought.

I think it's really catching on. Especially in the summer months, it's very large, and air conditioned, and of course the liters of beer!

Love the food, not so much the seating arrangments, but we manage. Sometimes you get seated next to a real party pooper!

Tiki Toki Tiki Toki Hoy Hoy Hoy!

BugeyedMuggy
04-19-2011, 09:39 AM
It seems alittle strange in October it is booked solid as we have done walk-ups there many times. I would try again. Maybe there was a problem with the system.

MarkC
04-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Its probably a combination of the Food and Wine Festival, plus Octoberfest in Germany. Add the two together and you get a very popular location. Even when I was making our ADR's for September, I told my wife to list her favorites to eat during the trip. When I asked why she had listed Biergarten, she replied "I assumed that was a given we'd eat there". Its one of our favorites for the food but especially the atmosphere.

vicster
04-19-2011, 11:13 AM
I think it's catching on - we've seen it booked in September. We use to walk up but no more - I've seen them turn people away.

jonahbear2006
04-20-2011, 12:05 AM
man, i hope we dont have that problem. We booked le cellier 180 days out at 845am and they had ONE reservation left!!! and it was 855pm. what a horrible time to eat. I took it though. I got hollywood brown derby and still really want a crystal palace for breakfast and a biergarten. i hope we dont have any problems.

Zawadi
04-20-2011, 08:10 AM
We had the same problem in October 2010. System said that there was no availability at the 180 day mark at Biergarten for the duration of our stay.

We thought this was strange and that it was something to do with Oktoberfest (perhaps restaurant closed for a special event) or Food & Wine Festival and were really disappointed as we always like to finish our holiday with a meal at Biergarten on the last evening.

However about 2 weeks later there was all the availability you could hope for. It just looked like they were late in loading the reservation slots.

Hopefully this is the reason this time and you get to eat there.

Enjoy!

WIMickeymommy
04-20-2011, 03:15 PM
I have read on another board that they are having issues with this restaurant. They are not booked and Disney is working on it. They are doing an upgrade this weekend hoping problem will be solved. Keep trying or call disney.

Good luck.:mickey:

MyDisneyworld
04-21-2011, 08:54 AM
We have gotten in before without a reservation and only had to wait maybe 5 minutes so hopefully it's just a problem with the system. Good luck.

KatieDuck22
04-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Typically that would be a very easy restaurant to get into. October is a big month for german's though! Keep trying because it's a fun experience! I'm sure youll be able to get in they may not have opened all the space to be reserved yet:mickey: