PDA

View Full Version : WL early check in?

MOJoe
04-18-2011, 11:31 AM
We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge next month. I'm driving down, and uncertain when we may arrive. It's possible we could be getting to the World early, maybe 8 or 9, on a Sunday morning. So are you allowed to check in that early? And assuming a room is available, could you get one?

KylesMom
04-18-2011, 11:41 AM
While it's no problem checking in at 8 or 9 am, your room may not be ready. If you have plans to hit the parks upon arrival, you can have Bell Services store your luggage for you.

If your assigned room is not ready upon arrival, you can arrange for Disney to text you when it's good to go. :mickey:

DisneyDoug2
04-26-2011, 01:49 PM
We arrived at the WL early one year and our room was not ready, so the desk clerk took our email address and sent us an e-mail when it was so we could come back to check in if we wanted too.

Jeff T
04-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Last year we arrived at the WL at noon, and to my surprise our room was ready. In the past if it was not ready, we would go to lunch for an hour or two. They typically provide you with a phone number you can call and verify that your room is ready after check-in. They will keep your luggage safe in storage for you.

DizneyRox
04-29-2011, 06:52 AM
Early check-in is possible, but if you need a place to crash, don't plan on having an actual room to nap until much later in the day. 4;30pm is the official time, I've been notified even later than that.

faline
04-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Early check-in is possible, but if you need a place to crash, don't plan on having an actual room to nap until much later in the day. 4;30pm is the official time, I've been notified even later than that.

I believe check-in time is actally 3:00 p.m. and DVC check-in is 4:00 p.m. Occasionally, a room is ready when you first check in even if that is early. Usually, we have been able to get into our room before the official check-in time even though the room may not be ready when we first arrive. I can only recall one occasion when our room was not ready until after the official check-in time.

Regardless of whether the room is ready or not when you arrive, you can "check-in" and even receive your room key. What you won't receive is your room number unless the room is immediately available. They will text you or call your cell phone with the room number when the room becomes available.