PDA

View Full Version : WDW in March

crazygoalie39
04-18-2011, 10:22 AM
So we've decided that our next trip will have to be in March of next year and I was wondering what your opinions on the 2nd or 3rd week of March are.

BrerGnat
04-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Well, Easter is April 8th next year, so the middle two weeks of March will likely be:

Crowded.

Peak Season pricing.

I'd opt for the earlier week, if possible. The crowds get larger and larger as Easter approaches, and since it's early next year, many spring breaks will likely be the first week of April.

We went the last week of March last year, and it was my favorite time I've ever visited WDW. The weather was beautiful; very little humidity, a bit of rain the first two days, but otherwise sunny and gorgeous.

The one negative was that it was a bit chilly, and our kids still wanted to go to the pool and water parks. Wish it had been a bit warmer. Our weather for that week topped off at around 75 degrees.

NJGIRL
04-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Take a look at the "Disney Withdraw" thread.
It discusses going in March.

crazygoalie39
04-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Couple more specific questions:
How's the weather? How are the crowds? I know it's spring break time, but we've been the week before Easter twice and didn't find the crowds unbearable, just took some extra planning. Is March better than April crowds wise? Are there a lot of things shut down for renovation this time of year? Any of the new Fantasyland expansion expected to be done by this time?

MarkC
04-18-2011, 01:31 PM
A lot of the crowds depend on when Easter falls. The closer to Easter, the heavier the crowds. Early March is a decent time to go as most schools have their spring breaks in later March or April. The week of March 12th, 2012 will be busy but not horrible. Weather should be wam but not hot yet, so that's a plus. By all means, choose the earlier time if at all possible, and if you can move that up to the first week in March it would be even better.