PDA

View Full Version : Last week of June crowd levels/ride wait times

YatesMom
04-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Going to the world June 25-29, 2011. :joy:
Have always gone in October and was wondering from those of you that usually travel to WDW during this time frame, what to expect? Understanding that it's going to be hot and humid with pop-up rain showers....What are the crowds like and what kind of average wait times can I expect? Going with DH, and 3 DDs age 8, 5 and 2. THANKS!!:mickey:

faline
04-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Those dates are really heading into the busy summer season. I'd expect moderate to heavy crowds during your time frame. Plan to make good use of fast pass!

wdwfansince75
04-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Lines during the late morning-early evening will be long for most attractions...perhaps up to 2 hours in the standby queues for the Must Do's...Fast Passes, patience, and flexibility are a must.

That time of year, the best strategy for MK is to be there for the opening...and head right to Fantasyland...in the first two hours, you can do all the Fantasyland rides, including Dumbo, Peter Pan, and Winnie the Pooh at least once, perhaps several times..
EMH mornings for all parks are also good for families...although, personally, there are better strategies for EPCOT...I usually reserve EPCOT EMH mornings for the MK..

Best days for EPCOT are the non-EMH days. Since the start of EMH at EPCOT, most resort guests seem to go to EPCOT on EMH days, or as part of a park hopping strategy, for dinner...

Lines can be a problem with multiple younger kids...don't set a schedule...do what you can...use fast passes....and child swaps....

We always get park hoppers, and spend part of practically every day at MK...usually, we do only part days at AK and DHS....although last trip, part of our group did not park hop...so both DHS and AK became practically all day parks...DGS#4, at 30 months, enjoyed the play areas almost as much as the rides, and particularly enjoyed Affection Station..

DS#2 and DDiL#2 are patient, observant, and devilishly clever, and they can do more in a few hours than most people do in a few days...They miss nothing.

Almost all of our trips have been in mid-June-early July, and in all those years, with kids and grandkids ranging in age from months old, through the pre-teen and teen years, and even into their thirties and forties...can not really recall any real disasters...and we occasionally remember and laugh about the worst of times....My family all laughs at my worst days...and at me.

princessjojo
04-18-2011, 09:54 AM
We're going during that same time, June 21-29 and that same thing has weighed on my mind as well. We usually go about 10 days earlier, but because of baseball schedules we had to stretch it out this year. Thankfully, we have days that will allow us to take our time and pace ourselves. Thank goodness though for late night EMH since Dkids aren't exactly morning people.