PDA

View Full Version : Luggage and checking in early.

AmandaChan
04-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Just a quick question ... we are doing DME in June with a big family but we will have some carry ons and my MIL will have all of her luggage on her. We're staying at CBR and our plane arrives at 0900. I imagine we'll be to the hotel at the very latest 11:00... Can they hold your luggage for you until your room is ready WHILE you go to the parks??

Thanks

HoosierDisneyFan
04-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Yes we do this all the time (if our rooms are not ready).

AmandaChan
04-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks! Is there a limit on the amount of luggage and do you usually tip?

KylesMom
04-17-2011, 05:59 PM
No, to my knowledge there is no limitation on the amount of bags they'll hold.

As far as tipping, yes. Some folks will say to tip just when you pick your bags up, but we always tip $1 per bag when they tag them & take them away, and another $1 per bag when we request them to be dropped off.

Mickey'sGirl
04-17-2011, 07:57 PM
No, to my knowledge there is no limitation on the amount of bags they'll hold.

As far as tipping, yes. Some folks will say to tip just when you pick your bags up, but we always tip $1 per bag when they tag them & take them away, and another $1 per bag when we request them to be dropped off.

We do too.

kemps@wdw
04-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Yes. We are always an early check-in. We leave our luggage with our resort, and head over to our chosen park of the day. We check back occaisionally to see if our room is ready, and return to get settled. One tip though...be sure to lock your luggage if you've packed any valuables. We had our laptop stolen right out of the bag in their "SECURE" luggage area!

AmandaChan
04-21-2011, 09:55 AM
yikes thanks kemp, we'll have a laptop but we'll be sure to lock it up!

LudwigVonDrake
04-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Just a quick question ... we are doing DME in June with a big family but we will have some carry ons and my MIL will have all of her luggage on her. We're staying at CBR and our plane arrives at 0900. I imagine we'll be to the hotel at the very latest 11:00... Can they hold your luggage for you until your room is ready WHILE you go to the parks??

Thanks

YES!!! Have a great trip :wave:

Disney-4-Me
04-24-2011, 05:30 PM
We do this every year and have never had any problems. The cast members always act happy to accommodate us. They even give us a number to call to see if our room is ready so we can enjoy ourselves at the parks.