PDA

View Full Version : first week of August in Disney World?

happy day
04-16-2011, 09:56 AM
How is it being in Disney the first week of AUgust for crowds and weather>

CanadaLovesDisney
04-16-2011, 10:37 AM
We like august but we love the heat... And august gets very very hot! Crowds are usually fairly busy but they seem to be that way everytime we go now! September is probably our favorite time to go.

NJGIRL
04-16-2011, 01:34 PM
We went in Aug once and it was very very hot and crowded. It is also hurrican season.

Daisy'sMom
04-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Very humid, hot and crowded. But it is Disney so none of that matters.:mickey:

akaDisneyDreamer
04-16-2011, 02:41 PM
We went last August and it was incredibly hot ... and crowded! I love Disney but will never go in August again!

MarkC
04-16-2011, 06:44 PM
It is crowded but usually not quite as bad as July. At Disney even a small percent drop in crowds really help if you plan and use fastpass. If you can go the 2nd week, crowds start to drop off and the 3rd and 4th weeks are much more manageable, even if its still really, really hot.

faline
04-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Very hot and very humid. Crowds weren't too horrible but it's certainly plenty busy.

DisneyNut6777
04-17-2011, 03:57 AM
Simply put:: Pretend you are taking a vacation on the SUN!!!! My experience was the heat...It was very hot!!! Seeing how I don't take the heat very well, I was miserable most of the time outside. Did I mention the Heat??? The crowds I can't remember to much about, because of failing memory that was brought on by heat stroke. My memory cells evaporated! :D The water parks were great!! Crowds were do- able, Animal Kingdom, was like very, very hot. If you can handle the heat, not really a bad time to go, but be forewarned, if the heat is rough on you, there is alot of it. And as someone above mentioned, it is also hurricane season, and word is they are calling for an active season, but who knows. Enjoy. I'm going in Dec. P.S. Don't forget your:cool:

spoiledraf
04-17-2011, 10:43 AM
It is crowded but usually not quite as bad as July. At Disney even a small percent drop in crowds really help if you plan and use fastpass. If you can go the 2nd week, crowds start to drop off and the 3rd and 4th weeks are much more manageable, even if its still really, really hot.

We'll be going the second week so I hope you are right about crowds shrinking a bit. It will be the first time I will be able to get up and go early, with my 13 year old nephew, as my wife is into a more relaxed style, with breakfast lunch and dinner every day. I'm figuring rope drop, do as much as I can till a little after noon, then back to the pool. This will be the first time we plan on using counter service for most meals so we won't be tied to ADR times but we also won't be getting inside to cool off for meals. And an unlikely visit from a hurricane may make for a memorable visit! (oddly enough, my brother has had three vacations interupted by hurricanes. never traveling with him :cool:)