PDA

View Full Version : 10 year old and kids menu

luvkatiebug
04-15-2011, 10:40 PM
We will be sailing on the Dream in 37 days, and I have a question about the menus. I know that sometimes in Disney's eyes, a 10 year old is treated as an adult (as far as park ticket cost and such). She can still eat on the kids menu, right? I don't think she's ready for seared scallops and mahi mahi yet! She's kind of a chicken finger, mac and cheese girl!(although my 6 year old probably would - she's pretty adventurous). Thanks!

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
04-16-2011, 03:11 AM
She won't starve, that is for sure!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-16-2011, 06:32 AM
One night on our cruise, I ate off the kids menu, as between my allergies and be being picky, there was nothing I liked on the adult menu. They were excellent about it, and even brought me an adult portion of the kids food.

My 12-year old ate from the kids menu most nights, since she didn't love the adult choices.

So, you won't have any issues at all!

DisneyFr33k
04-16-2011, 07:21 AM
We've been on three Disney cruises, and what is nice is that they don't hold you to strict age requirements for meals as in the parks. What you want, is what you get. No matter your age. So enjoy! :eat:

Happy sailing! :captain::sail:

DizneyRox
04-16-2011, 08:18 AM
On a cruise, you shouldn't need to worry about anything. From my experience, they are treated just like any other person (my 3 year old's ticket on RCCL is treated just like any other 3rd person in the cabin), and they can eat any way you want them to.

I'm viewing it as a way for him to experiment with adult foods, just like we do when we go out around here, and if/when he passes, I'm sure there's a kids favorite we can get as a replacement.

Age is mostly for the kids activities I believe...

thejens
04-18-2011, 11:40 PM
When we did the Disney cruise they let us all have anything we wanted! Sometimes little kids ate off adult menu and sometimes "big kids" ate off little kids menu. It's great!

scootch713
04-28-2011, 02:05 PM
You can order off of either. Also, my 9 year old is very picky and we just got plain pasta and grilled cheese(neither on menu) a couple of nights.

luvkatiebug
04-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks so much to everyone who replied. As is expected, Disney will cater to our needs. I can't believe 3 weeks from today we will finally be getting ready to leave on our first cruise. I've got so much to do before then. :mickey:

baldburke
04-30-2011, 10:50 PM
I can't believe 3 weeks from today we will finally be getting ready to leave on our first cruise. I've got so much to do before then. :mickey:

5/22 cruise? Us too! Can't wait!

luvkatiebug
05-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Yes! We are on the 5/22 cruise! This will be our first cruise of any kind, and we are so excited to be on a Disney one at that. I'll be the one staring with her mouth open at everything, crying when my girls see Mickey for the first time!

baldburke
05-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Awesome! Sounds like there's a few Intercot people sailing then. We'll look for the people in the LSU gear. Have a great trip, your kids won't want to get off the ship!