PDA

View Full Version : Pools at Grand Floridian

jaredkari
04-15-2011, 04:00 PM
We are looking at staying at the Grand Floridian in June, and wanted to know about the pools there. We have been to Disney enough that we enjoy coming back to the resort in the afternoon to swim and relax, but we have found that at the deluxe resorts, there aren't as many pools. Are the pools at GF big enough to accomodate all of the "June Disney crowd" without swimming on top of each other? Also, any additional pros/cons to staying there are appreciated!:cool:

TammiMcMan
04-15-2011, 09:46 PM
There are 2 pools at the GF. The courtyard pool is fairly large. We've been there a few times in the middle of summer and haven't felt overly crowded. The theme pool has a slide and nice zero entry from the beach.

There are cabana's for rent (1/2 day or full day) at the theme pool. This is a great option if you are a pre-planner and know which day you want to spend just sitting and relaxing by the pool.

jonahbear2006
04-16-2011, 12:27 AM
The slide at the main pool is pretty mcawesome! Its a lot longer of a ride than it appears from the bottom of the slide. Its a good walk up but lots of curves and curves mean excitement! My bottom popped off the slide a bit once. Everytime I went down I was filled with uncontrollable laughter. If you stay here, adults must try the slide at least once! The only other slide I have experienced at Disney world Resort Hotels that was as fun if not more fun than this one was at Saratoga Springs. The other pool unfortunately, is where the hot tub is. This is kind of a walk. This is what I like more about Saratoga and Beach clubs pools is that the hot tub is very close to the main pool, so you can go back and forth without there being much of a hassle. This is way across the courtyard.