PDA

View Full Version : Fall Free Dining???

KAT1811
04-15-2011, 02:39 PM
I know it is impossible to know what Disney is planning for the next wave of discounts or if they are planning any at all. I will however, confess that I am just a tad bit curious what my fellow Intercot friends think.

Daisy'sMom
04-15-2011, 03:02 PM
I think the only person who knows is Mickey and he isn't saying. We have our fingers crossed, I have family members who are going to have to back out of our family reunion set in Oct if nothing offered. Hope Disney offers free dining this year.:mickey:

rhonary
04-15-2011, 03:27 PM
I read on a post here that someone had gotten an offer for FD for the begining of Aug! Anyone else hear of this offer?

Strmchsr
04-15-2011, 03:57 PM
I read on a post here that someone had gotten an offer for FD for the begining of Aug! Anyone else hear of this offer?

That was a pin code, not a general public offer. My guess is not to expect it. They offered it last fall for this year to try to generate a lot of pre-bookings and it seems to have been very successful. In the past when they've offered "free" dining it's been early to mid April because people had to make their 180 day ADRs. We're past that time with no sign of "free" dining being offered again for this fall.

mook3y
04-15-2011, 04:09 PM
I got a pin in e-mail that offered free CS dining if staying at value or moderate and regular DDP if staying at a Deluxe

KAT1811
04-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Info Central has the 2009 "Free" Dining Plan public release dates listed as 6/10/2009 for the dates of 8/22/2009 - 10/03/2009 and 7/27/2009 for the dates of 9/27/2009-12/17/2009. I thought it was still a little early to expect fall discounts. :confused:

I forgot about last year's "Free" Dining Plan promotion. I wonder how successful that was and how many that booked that far in advance will actually keep their reservations. Hmmmm.

Anticipation isn't all that fun! ;)

Strmchsr
04-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Info Central has the 2009 "Free" Dining Plan public release dates listed as 6/10/2009 for the dates of 8/22/2009 - 10/03/2009 and 7/27/2009 for the dates of 9/27/2009-12/17/2009. I thought it was still a little early to expect fall discounts. :confused

Those were additional offerings during 2009 when the economy was really in the tank (supposedly it's improved) and they were doing everything possible to lure people. That was not their usual MO. Generally it's released during the first 2 weeks of April for late August-late September. Not this year, though.

happy day
04-15-2011, 06:42 PM
I am the one that got the pincode for free dining for the 1st week in April. I never got it sent to me. I called and asked if there was any codes with my name, and that is how I found out that I had it. I don't seem to get the mail with it, but I get them by calling, so maybe others should call and ask.

ransam
04-16-2011, 01:17 AM
the current discount ends in mid august....nothing yet after that.
the last two times i've been to disney it was during christmas and we did have free dining..but i looked it up and 3 years ago, free dining came out on April 27.

joonyer
04-20-2011, 11:49 AM
I received an email pin code offer today for free dining on a 5 night stay. Dates from 4/23 to August 13 (for most days). I have not seen anything anywhere offering free dining after 8/13.

mook3y
04-20-2011, 12:04 PM
I got a pin in e-mail that offered free CS dining if staying at value or moderate and regular DDP if staying at a Deluxe

just got another pin today offering same thing.

ransam
04-20-2011, 04:38 PM
hwo do people get multilple pin codes, and i can 't get one! ha

brownie
04-20-2011, 08:57 PM
hwo do people get multilple pin codes, and i can 't get one! ha

:magic: :pixie:

Pirate Granny
04-21-2011, 06:57 PM
I think that I've booked a bounce back, free dining the last four or five years. Trips were taken in late august or September...got one for this year too. Always book, you can get a refund of your deposit if you can't make it...

ransam
04-21-2011, 11:39 PM
anyone who got a code want to take me as your guest? ha. j/k

Daisy'sMom
04-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Last year we got five pin codes in two months. This year when we need one, there isn't any to be found:(

azcavalier
04-24-2011, 02:45 PM
I haven't seen a pin code in over 18 months. Shoot, I don't even get Disney Destinations emails anymore, and I haven't unsubscribed. I *know* my spam filter is not blocking them, too.

If I book through Magical Journeys, can they see if there's a pin code attached to my name? Or would I have to book straight through Disney to get that?

Strmchsr
04-24-2011, 03:27 PM
If I book through Magical Journeys, can they see if there's a pin code attached to my name? Or would I have to book straight through Disney to get that?

The whole "pin code attached to the name" is hit and miss anyway. If there's a pin code now they email it out. It seems from several reports that WDW is cutting back on allowing that. Some CMs still do it (probably the ones who have been around longer) but a lot of the newer CMs have apparently been told to not check on that. At any rate, I'm not sure whether MJ can ask if there's a discount by your name. I'm pretty sure if it's there they can do it, but you would have to check with MJ to be sure.

Momto2Princesses&1Pirate
04-24-2011, 04:04 PM
In the past 10 months or so I received 3 different pin codes....couldn't use any of them - they all expired. On a whim last month, I decided to just call Disney reservations and ask if I had a code available. The guy I spoke to was VERY nice and gave me the number. I gave it to MJ and they changed my reservation. I never did get the pin code in the mail. Not sure why, but I'm glad I called. I suggest that if you get someone who won't even check for you to hang up and call again to get a different person who will check. It's worth a try.

Belster
04-24-2011, 07:07 PM
In the past 10 months or so I received 3 different pin codes....couldn't use any of them - they all expired. On a whim last month, I decided to just call Disney reservations and ask if I had a code available. The guy I spoke to was VERY nice and gave me the number. I gave it to MJ and they changed my reservation. I never did get the pin code in the mail. Not sure why, but I'm glad I called. I suggest that if you get someone who won't even check for you to hang up and call again to get a different person who will check. It's worth a try.

I second that as the same thing happened to me. :mickey: