PDA

View Full Version : BC construction

puck292
04-14-2011, 11:27 AM
We arriving at BC on May 5,2011. I read on a travel site that there is major construction ongoing at Beach Club. We were planning to spend more time at the resort than usual to relax and swim. was wondering if anyone aware how distracting contruction may be at this point. We love YC & BC but we dont want to listen to construction noise all day. Maybe a move to Boardwalk? How is the club level there/pool? Thanks. John

AirlineGuy07
04-14-2011, 12:09 PM
My DW and I are going May 11 (BCV) for our 10th anniversary and would like to know about that too. Anyone stay there recently??

ChipDale2708
04-14-2011, 01:16 PM
We also arrive at the BC on May 5. This is the first I've heard about major construction. Hopefully someone will be along soon to let us know!

javamama
04-19-2011, 08:38 PM
:confused:What??????? I wish I would have know about this when I booked in January for the YC, I would have chose a MK resort like always and not made the change this year. If anyone can help:confused:

BrerGnat
04-19-2011, 10:19 PM
I think it's mostly cosmetic work being done to the exterior of the buildings (facing the parking lot).

If you have a water view room, probably not an issue.

I'd not let that change my mind about staying there. There is usually something going on at several resorts; it's not enough to really detract.

Be mindful that some people like to complain to complain. Unless there is constant hammering or jackhammer type noise while I am trying to sleep, I can put up with some work being done.

Worst case: you ask for a new room. Barring that, you ask to switch resorts if it's THAT bad.

ChipDale2708
04-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the info. I did read a report from someone complaining about jackhammering and to request a room closer to the YC. However I couldn't figure out if this person had just returned or if it was earlier this year. My travel agent couldn't find any information either about a major refurbishment. We do have a water view room reserved, so hopefully we will be okay. I was only concerned because this trip we plan to be around the resort more than the parks. Can't wait to relax at SAB!!:cloud9:

blondeinbrandon
04-20-2011, 02:11 PM
The end of March they had closed the boat dock and were refurbing that. But I wasn't staying there only riding the boat, so I don't know what else they are working on.

puck292
04-25-2011, 09:42 AM
The report I saw was on travelocity. Someone described alot of jackhammering and heavy equipment noises during the day while at the pool. They did comment that it was on the parking lot side.I have not sen one bad report since then, so Iam assuming it's nothing that would detract from our enjoyment of our stay. Go sabres!