PDA

View Full Version : Hilton at Bonnet Creek

Disney OB RN
04-13-2011, 11:14 PM
I am attending a convention at the Hilton Bonnet Creek resort next week, and was wondering if I could get comments regarding this resort, and particularly their shuttle service to the parks! Thanks!:mickey:

Melanie
04-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Our webmaster, John, just had a great stay there last week. Hopefully he'll be along soon to comment. :thumbsup:

John
04-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Can't comment on the shuttle as I drove to the parks - but I can tell you the resort is absolutely top notch and has a killer pool (with lazy river). Rooms are good size, bright and modern and I wouldn't hesitate statying there again.

We actually did a segment on the podcast about this - be sure to give it a listen! :thumbsup:

Disney OB RN
04-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks so much!!! I'll follow up with a shuttle report after I return!:mickey:

WIMickeymommy
04-19-2011, 07:25 AM
Please do give us an update on the transportation. Our family of 8 has decided to stay at Bonnet Creek this February and are very interested on the transportation. Have a great trip!!

Disney OB RN
04-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Back from Orlando-the room descriptions I certainly agree with: The Hilton Bonnet Creek was clean, spacious, very contemporary. The pool with the lazy river was very nice; they showed Disney movies nightly at the pool. The transportation bus was a charter-type bus that had Disney movies and/or cartoons showing continuously, & were very comfy, especially when returning at night. The bus stops at the Waldorf Astoria as well as the Hiton, which was not bad at all. The only time consuming factor was that the bus then went to three parks, so if the park you wanted to visit was the last one on the bus stop, you had a pretty long ride. One day the bus was only going to MK, EP, & HS, but the driver told us how to utilize the transfer bus at the Ticket & Transportation Center, so it was not an issue. I am just spoiled to how the Disney transit system works; but overall, it worked out fine.:mickey:

WDWFanatic
08-01-2011, 11:40 AM
For those of you who have stayed at the Hilton. Would you do it again or go back to onsite?

thanks!

Disney OB RN
08-06-2011, 07:53 PM
The hotel itself was very nice. I do prefer on-site, though. The transportation is not as convenient, and takes longer----dropped off at the TTC, for example (although the bus was large & played movies which was nice). The bus shared service to the Gaylord also. The resort had more of a feel that the Swan did when I stayed there, but without the Disney surrounding magic! Unless we had Hilton Honors points for a comp stay, I'd stay on-site in a flash next time!:mickey: