PDA

View Full Version : Dinner for REALLY late arrival

wendybird
04-13-2011, 02:36 PM
We are flying from California and arriving at the Orando Airport at 11:15 p.m. (8:00 our time). We are taking ME to Coronado Springs. My son and husband are going to need to eat SOMETHING after that long flight and before morning. I checked and nothing will be open at CSR. Will anything be open at the airport during this time? (my experience is even at the airport things are closed this late) . . .and . . . if there is something open at the airport - won't we have to hurry down to get our luggage since ME doesn't deliver that late?? Just hoping at least McDonald's or something is available to grab and eat on the way . . . :eat:

BrerGnat
04-13-2011, 02:57 PM
My guess is that the airport is your best bet. I'm sure you'll be able to find something there.

CSR will definitely be closed by the time you get there. You could cab to an off property 24 hour place, like a Denny's or something.

You don't really have to "hurry" and get your bags at the airport. By the time you grab something to eat, your bags will probably be just getting on the belt at baggage claim.

When we fly (also from CA), we just pack food. you can pack sandwiches and fruit and snacks and stuff. It's fine to go through security as long as you don't pack any liquids (like yogurts, puddings, applesauce, that sort of thing).

faline
04-13-2011, 03:06 PM
You can also pick up something to eat from your departure airport and bring it on board with you.

Momto3littlemice
04-13-2011, 03:12 PM
I agree with packing a sandwich for the flight. Then you can eat "on time" and not worry about rushing somewhere when you arrive. Also, if you are delayed at all this will keep everyone happy!:mickey:

luvdiznee
04-13-2011, 03:41 PM
You can also pick up something to eat from your departure airport and bring it on board with you.

That sounds like a good idea for us too, since we will sort of be in the same situation. Though we will be arriving at MCO at 8:40 pm. Then on our way to POP, where I was hoping to be able to get a Mom's Night Out meal, but with DME, not sure when we will get there.:(

yellen97
04-13-2011, 05:04 PM
on our last trip we had food delivered to our room using gardengrocer.com

I think they charged $12 for delivery and we had all sorts of bottled water, snacks, breakfast items even beer :beer: delivered prior to our arrival. the hotel check-in receives the deliveries and even keeps the perishables cold until you arrive and ask for it to be sent to your room. i do not know if the bell hops would deliver at all hours of the night, but i would think so, you could call and ask.

now, we used this for food for the whole week and it was great. but you could even just order what you think you would want for that night. just a thought.

my favorite part of doing this was having quick foods in the room so we could have a light breakfast and get on our way quickly. It was also nice having a case of bottled water in the room. I will definitely use them on the next trip!

NJGIRL
04-13-2011, 07:11 PM

This is what I would do. We have flown into Orlando around that time (a couple of times) and I really don't think anything was opened. I don't even remember seeing the little food stands opened.

We stayed at the hotel in the airport and I remember walking through the airport and it was dead, barely anyone around.

MOJoe
04-14-2011, 04:07 PM
This is not the most convenient option, but if you find yourself at CS without food, you are not too far away from the Dolphin hotel. There is a 24 hour cafeteria there. And it's a short (5 minute) cab ride away.
My family missed a meal on an arrival day once, and we ended up ordering cheeseburgers there, well after midnight.

BrerGnat
04-14-2011, 05:32 PM
This is not the most convenient option, but if you find yourself at CS without food, you are not too far away from the Dolphin hotel. There is a 24 hour cafeteria there. And it's a short (5 minute) cab ride away.
My family missed a meal on an arrival day once, and we ended up ordering cheeseburgers there, well after midnight.

That's a good tip. We went there for a late dinner after our arrival last year. Granted, it wasn't that late (9pm), but it was a convenient place for a quick meal late.

luvdiznee
04-14-2011, 06:31 PM
This is what I would do. We have flown into Orlando around that time (a couple of times) and I really don't think anything was opened. I don't even remember seeing the little food stands opened.

We stayed at the hotel in the airport and I remember walking through the airport and it was dead, barely anyone around.

Any idea what time everything closed? Because we are going to have to stay a night at MCO and this would be good to know.

NJGIRL
04-15-2011, 09:17 AM
I really don't know what time everything closes because everytime we have arrived late (after 11:00 PM) it's already closed.

If you are staying at MCO I sugguest you stay at the Hyatt that is located right inside of the airport. When you arrive so late it is nice to get off the plane walk down the "halls" and go into your hotel room without waiting for a rental car and then driving to another hotel.

If you call the hotel from the buggage area they will send someone down to help get your luggage up to the room.

This hotel also has room service and a bar where you can order food. I'm not sure how late you can get room service but if I remember correctly lite food can be ordered at the bar fairly late at night.

jennbunn
04-16-2011, 03:44 AM
The mcdonalds by the all stars is open 24 hours and was our saving grace when we arrived late.

wendybird
04-19-2011, 02:52 AM
Wow - 24hr McDonald's might be our saving grace, too. How much to take a cab from CSR through the drive-thru and back?