PDA

View Full Version : ME tags

massachusetts
04-13-2011, 01:18 PM
How long before you leave do you get your ME luggage tags? What happens if they never arrive?

sassafras
04-13-2011, 01:54 PM
I think you usually get them 3-4 weeks in advance. There was one time we hadn't received them, and I called the ME people. Explain the situation to them and they will walk you through what you will need to do. Hope this helps!

olivegirl
04-13-2011, 04:20 PM
It was 3 weeks before heading to Disney and we never received our tags. I called right up and 4 days later they arrived! :mickey:

CleveRocks
04-15-2011, 10:40 PM
If they never arrive, it's no problem at all. They've had a "Plan B" in effect since Day One of DME back in 2005. After you land in Orlando, you check-in at the DME counter and tell them you have checked bags that aren't DME-tagged. They'll ask for your baggage claim ticket numbers as well as a physical description of each bag. Then you go to your bus. They'll dispatch a cast member to go to baggage claim and get your bags. The CM will then bring the bags back behind-the-scenes in the airport, then they'll print out a DME-tag for each (they'll be white, not the familiar yellow), tag the bags, and then bring them to the rest of the DME bags, and from there they'll be delivered just like all of the others.

No problem! :thumbsup: