PDA

View Full Version : Ellens energy adventure?

CanadaLovesDisney
04-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Last trip we considered going on Ellens energy adventure but we read a sign that said the ride lasts 45 minutes... Holy cow! Is it a show? Ride? Please explain. :mickey:

retiredfigment
04-12-2011, 10:15 PM
The 45 minutes must include the preshow. We were just there, and during the preshow we must have heard at least 15 times that the show would be 37 minutes. Even Ellen told us. Guess what. During the video at the end, 5 guests decided to get up and walk through the exit door. The audio stopped, the lights went on and we all had to exit the ride. (Funny thing, though, a cast member told us that the exit they went through was a maintence room and they would be 'trapped' there until someone went to get them)

nqi2
04-12-2011, 10:32 PM
If you need a place to sit and ride and cool off (possible nap) this is honestly a good choice. It's like a moving car ride...think Great Movie Ride in DHS....that goes through different themed rooms. WE use it a lot to cool off the kids and get the youngest a quick nap.

WDWfanatic742
04-13-2011, 04:12 AM
There's a preshow, and then you get in vehicles that take you through various screens and shows, and a diorama.

They tell you various times that the ride is 45 minutes long to make sure that you know that you are going to be on it for awhile. I can only imagine people getting onto it thinking that they will kill time before their ADR's.

BTW, it's a fast 45 minutes. It doesn't feel that long at all. It's one of my favorite rides.

Luv4WDW
04-13-2011, 06:41 AM
I agree... this is a very fast 45 minutes. In fact, I personally wouldn't have guessed it lasted that long. This is one of my favorite rides as well and is an absolute must-do on each trip! Ellen has very cheesy jokes, most of which everybody will get! A great time to go is during the afternoon showers. Go in when it's pouring and when you come out it's sunny!

Melanie
04-13-2011, 06:53 AM
Stupid Judy!

WDWfanatic742
04-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Brain Power!

Some of my most favorite music from the parks is from this ride. The outside BGM is high up on my list :mickey:

brownie
04-13-2011, 07:56 AM
Last trip we considered going on Ellens energy adventure but we read a sign that said the ride lasts 45 minutes... Holy cow! Is it a show? Ride? Please explain. :mickey:

It involves both movies and a ride. The theater you go into after the pre-show becomes ride vehicles.

Stitch98
04-13-2011, 08:31 AM
If you need a place to sit and ride and cool off (possible nap) this is honestly a good choice. It's like a moving car ride
Ditto!
:woohoo:

wdwaggie
04-13-2011, 08:41 AM
I remember going on this back in 1984 way before Ellen, and remember how amazed my Father was at the ride and the content. To this day, this is still one of our don't miss rides with my family.

DisneyDoug2
04-13-2011, 08:50 AM
My family has rode it a few times, not a bad break from walking around the park and if the kids listen it can actually be educational. I would suggest trying it once, especially if its hot outside.

cspenc28
04-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Years ago, there was a malfunction on the ride and they had to stop everything. we had to walk through the whole thing to get out. it ruined it for my whole family, i mean we knew it wasn't real, but something about seeing everything with the lights on just ruined it. it's a good ride/show, we just don't get on it anymore, lol.

nfrustaci
04-13-2011, 11:27 AM
i do like this ride. but i will caution some of you, if you do not like loud noises then this ride is not for you. it is extremely loud. we have a 2 year old and i thought that he would not like it but he honestly fell asleep about 5 minutes before it ended. i guess the dark was a good thing for him. when we got off the ride we put him in the stoller and walked over to mission space. i sat with him near the smoking area. btw it is a beautiful area there, not sure many people are aware of this space. lots of trees and it is quiet. my husband went on the ride and i people watched. Nicky slept for 2 hours !!!

crazygoalie39
04-13-2011, 02:17 PM
I love this ride! It's good fun and the 45 minutes goes by very quickly. It's also a great way to spend those hot afternoon hours in the air conditioning.

Daisy'sMom
04-13-2011, 04:12 PM
It's one of our all time favorites. Stupid Judy!:mickey:

Stu29573
04-13-2011, 04:37 PM
This is one of our favorites as well. It was down on the trip before last, but on our last trip we got to ride it again! Great times!!!

AllDisney
04-13-2011, 04:57 PM
This is one of our favorites too:thumbsup:

Jared
04-13-2011, 05:03 PM
This is one of my mom's favorite attractions. Not sure why, but I think she may just like Ellen DeGeneres. She is pretty funny here, but the presentation is actually laughable at this point. Everything is so outdated! Time for a overhaul, our Imagineer friends.

dizneygirl
04-13-2011, 05:40 PM
we tried to ride this last week and it wasn't open....

AXOAlum
04-13-2011, 07:10 PM
...but the presentation is actually laughable at this point. Everything is so outdated! Time for a overhaul, our Imagineer friends.

:ditto: DS 8.5 has still never been on this ride (his 12th trip is next month). He knows that the dinos are cool, but I don't know what we'd do with him for the other 42 minutes. It's too loud to sleep on - and it is so outdated, it is ridiculous. It is frustrating because I really would love the Imagineers to update it - then we would actually get on it again! :mickey:

crltkcagle
04-13-2011, 07:51 PM
IMO its a modern torture device! LOL I hate Ellen's ride and dread having to go on it. My kids enjoy it so I started sending them and dh on the ride while i shop! :mickey:

CanadaLovesDisney
04-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the info! Next trip we will try it!!!!

bertasso59
04-15-2011, 04:31 PM
My family and I have never gotten through the pre-show without falling asleep.Unless we really need a nap we'll be skipping this attraction in the future

lovinmesomedisney
04-15-2011, 07:45 PM
I rode this ONCE and never again. BORING! The pre-show is awful. The only thing I remember about the whole thing is the dinosaurs.

WDWfanatic742
04-15-2011, 07:53 PM
You know what's funny?

This might be the first ride that I truly hope they don't change from my childhood. I agree that it needs to be updated, but I love the theme of it now and I just don't see how they can update it but keep the characters and story intact. I'm just so torn...

exvagirl
04-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Other annoying thing is how many times they remind you during the preshow "don't sit on the floor!!!" because theres so many people there in the summer looking for some AC! :)

garymacd
04-15-2011, 09:46 PM
"And Einstein is nowhere, relatively speaking."

kemps@wdw
04-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Its a show...it's a ride...it's a "SHRIDE" :D It's long, it's cool inside, it's a little comedy and a little educational. Some like it, most don't. Not usually a long wait.

Dopey's Girl
04-15-2011, 11:14 PM
I can't believe so many people think this is a must ride. I have been on it maybe twice in 26 trips, and will avoid it at all costs. Holy moly it's boring!!

iheartdisney
04-16-2011, 04:46 PM
We put this off until the middle of our last trip because frankly, I thought my boys would be bored with it. It started to rain and it was just about to begin so I dragged them on it. They were 6 and 7 at the time and LOVED IT! Love, love, loved it! We did it again that same day and then every EPCOT visit after. Dated? Yes. Sometimes boring? Maybe, to some. But entertaining and educational? Absolutely. It got my kids talking about energy and fossil fuels and the big bang theory. And amazing conversation starter.

Brownie54
04-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Some like it, some don't. I'd like to see a poll here to see how many don't like it. I would do it myself if I knew how.

Erin C.
04-19-2011, 08:05 PM
We have been to WDW 12 times and never went on Ellen's Energy Adventure. My DD (17) and I went on a girls only trip last July and finally went on....and was pleasantly surprised. Will definitely be going on again this July....and making DH go on it this time!!!! :mickey:

goofygonewild
04-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Good place to cool down but if you are in a hurry or on a schedule I would skip this one. Didn't help that when we were on it, it broke down just as we were entering the dinosaur section. They wouldn't let us get off until repairs were complete so it turned into an hour plus ride and of course DD had to go potty!!

tigmickey
04-24-2011, 10:16 PM
I went on it, old version, my first trip in '94, I was 24. Thought it was unbearable. When it was redone tried it again. Much better. Didn't go on it until I had kids. They love it, I enjoy it. It has AC. I would give it a solid 7 out of 10. :twocents:

magicman
04-25-2011, 04:32 PM
I can't believe so many people think this is a must ride. I have been on it maybe twice in 26 trips, and will avoid it at all costs. Holy moly it's boring!!

Exactly what I was thinking!

It is very dull and outdated. Also, the information seems to come from a particular slant (that I won't discuss), but I don't care for.

Everyone always mentions that it is a great place to nap and get A/C. Really? That's the highlight? I can get those things in many, less expensive places.