PDA

View Full Version : Is T-Rex THAT difficult to get an ADR?

LisaP
04-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Just how popular is the T-Rex restaurant? I have had no luck since January trying to get an ADR for later this month. I can't complain, I did get EVERY other ADR I wanted, but the challenge to book T-Rex is driving me crazy!

If I can't book an ADR, does anyone know how long of a wait walk up would be?

Melanie
04-12-2011, 09:38 PM
We've never eaten there, but everytime we pass by when we are at DTD, it's a madhouse outside, if that's any indication.

Good luck!!

buzznwoodysmom
04-12-2011, 09:56 PM
We've eaten here twice, and both times I had to call the restaurant to get an ADR. When I tried to book through Disney, on the phone or on line, it showed as not available. However, when I called T-Rex all times were available.

Melanie is right, its a madhouse. I vowed to never eat there again after our second time. It was just way too loud, chaotic, and just crazy in there. I left with a huge headache! We've not been back, and my kids have not even asked to go back. Good luck. And if you do get an ADR I hope you and your family enjoy it more than we did.

DizneyRox
04-12-2011, 10:25 PM
I used to go in July, butweve only been able to get in once. The line has always been out the door and wrapped around the side.

Its decent, but not worth losing sleep over. You might try calling directly. This is the second time I've seen someone say online wasn't available, but calling T-REX directly, yielded a ressie.

chuckd3
04-13-2011, 12:29 AM
I have eaten there several times. You must call T-Rex direct to get ADR. Never been able to get them through Disney and never had trouble getting them calling direct.

Kathy Jetson
04-13-2011, 12:34 AM
I just called T-rex yesterday and booked a Sat. in June with no problem. This will be our 4th time eating there and I always call the resteraunt to book.:mickey:

luvmyboys4ever
04-13-2011, 08:12 AM
I was able to book online, but only 1 day was available the whole week. When we got there, at around 11:00am, the line was not bad at all and there weren't too many people inside. It really started to fill up by the time we left, but our section still wasn't bad. As we left, we saw that the check-in line was around the bend. If I were you, I would skip breakfast and plan an early lunch. That's what we did and we had a good time, without the crowds. :thumbsup:
Side note: The chicken-fried steak was rancid! I had to send it back, but they got me something else right away. Everything else was great. The kids can't wait to go back!

NJGIRL
04-13-2011, 09:02 AM
You have to call T-Rex directly for an ADR. They only "give" Disney limited time slots and that's why when you call Disney dining or try to book online it looks like nothing is available.

I called Disney dining this week (180 out exactly) and all they had to offer me for dinner was a 4:00 or 9:00. I called the restaurant directly and got a 6:00 with no problem. The person who took my reservation told me to always call directly. The same thing happened last year also.

This may be too late to work for you since you are looking for this month, but hopefully it will help you and others in the future.

LisaP
04-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Oh boy, it never occured to me to call the restaurant directly. Duh!

Well I did get some GREAT ADRs, ones that I never thought I would get. So I guess I am over the T-Rex thing. I know their food is mediocre, but knew that DS5 would simply love it.

We'll keep it on the back burner unless needed.

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

brownie
04-13-2011, 11:04 AM
We had no problem booking our advance dining reservations online for T-Rex for last November. I did book as soon as the window opened for us to do so.

The restaurant was busy when we ate there. I'm glad we the advance dining reservations, since there was a long stand-by line.

cuteduck223
04-13-2011, 02:44 PM
If you go at an "off-meal" time you shouldn't have much problem. We did a walk up in january this year because when we arrived at DTD with the idea of grabbing a quick sandwich, there was no line or wait at T-rex so in we went.

Jared
04-13-2011, 05:00 PM
You have to call T-Rex directly for an ADR. They only "give" Disney limited time slots and that's why when you call Disney dining or try to book online it looks like nothing is available.

I called Disney dining this week (180 out exactly) and all they had to offer me for dinner was a 4:00 or 9:00. I called the restaurant directly and got a 6:00 with no problem. The person who took my reservation told me to always call directly. The same thing happened last year also.

This may be too late to work for you since you are looking for this month, but hopefully it will help you and others in the future.
This is a key piece of advice to securing a reservation a T-Rex. It seems almost impossible to snag a reservation using Disney's online system, but everyone has success by calling the restaurant directly.

Maybe we shouldn't let the secret out.

olivegirl
04-13-2011, 05:02 PM
We have eaten at T-REX and never had an ADR. We walled up about 445 each time and was seated with no problems.

limegreenmonorail
04-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Another idea...if you join the Landry's Select Club (google it), you get priority seating and you'll be able to bypass the line at T-Rex without much of a wait. It's actually a great deal - $25 to join, but then they send you a $25 gift card to use, so it's basically free. Plus, you get lots of other coupons and discounts, and it works at any Landry's restaurant (including T-Rex, Rainforest Cafe, and Yak and Yeti!)

antnyh
04-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Yes, simply walk over to Rainforest Cafe and join the safari club. Then go to T-Rex and you get priority seating. Basically a no wait for members! It is great!!!

mudpuppysmom
04-14-2011, 12:39 PM
I too had no luck booking online -- nothing available the entire week, but when I called them directly they booked me in 30 seconds.

We have also walked up and gotten in with no ADR. The line at opening looks crazy, but they are checking everyone in and seating them so it looks worse than it is (this is for when they open only!). We usually go when they open and are out the door by the time it's getting insane at the door and inside!

Yes, it's loud, but so is Rainforest!

#1donaldfan
04-15-2011, 12:12 PM
We have eaten there twice and both time we walked right in, ZERO wait !! The first time was the week it opened, and the second was last June !! :thumbsup:

Jeri
04-16-2011, 08:43 PM
We ate here last October and just walked up right at opening for lunch and were seated right away. When we were almost done the place was getting packed. After lunch we looked around the gift shop, and 7 yr old ds made a build a dino. There was only 1 other child in that area.

twinboyz
04-20-2011, 02:18 PM
I tried to make ressies on our last trip with no luck either. The CM suggested we walk up during an off time, because they accept walk-ins. We tried around 2:00 and the walk in wait was 35 min so we skipped it and went back. We did this around 3:30 and walked right in no problems.

If time is a constraint, this may not work. I say give it a try if you can, or call the day of and see if any ressies became available. Good luck. Fun Place.

merlinmagic4
04-23-2011, 01:37 PM
We were in Downtown Disney on Sunday 4/17 and were able to eat there at approximately 5pm without an ADR. They were busy but we got right in. Not too bad for the week before Easter! We did have an ADR for that Friday (yesterday) but I canceled it after we were able to get in on Sunday. It was a fun place!