PDA

View Full Version : Freakiest thing you've seen in a Disney Park...

White Rose
04-12-2011, 01:57 PM
I know in two other threads, we were talking about the most frightening thing you've seen at Disney (kids climbing on stuff, etc) and the funniest things you've heard, but what about the freakiest you've seen. Like, a large prop or something that scared you.

As much as I love the Pop Century, the HUGE people and effects (Mickey Phone, the fake soccer boards) just really unnerve me. Also, I can't handle the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" playground in DHS. It really messes with me--I can't even walk through the area without freaking out!

What about you?

BandMan
04-12-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm okay with it, but DD18 gets VERY freaked out on HM when the picture sings "Here comes the Bride..." or " 'til DEATH does us part..." .

Okay, that last one makes me shudder too. :bolt:

McLiberal8
04-12-2011, 02:06 PM
I definitely get 'unnerved' at the water parks.
Tons of people (wearing ill-fitting swimsuits), hot sidewalks, kids running around large pools of water, long lines.. not my cup of tea! Frightening to me, for sure!
I also have an irrational fear of dinosaurs, so the Dinosuar attraction and/or the T-Rex resturant at DTD freak me out, as well.

Dream'nDisney
04-12-2011, 02:12 PM
For me, it's got to be the big freaky clown face at the Boardwalk pool!!!! LOL:clown::eek:

Ian
04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Hands down it was the man letting his roughly three year old son go ... uh ... "number one" in a bush directly out front of the rest rooms between Main Street and Tomorrowland.

:ack:

Melanie
04-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Two freaky things that stand out to me are the Mardi Gras masks in the French Quarter food court and the clowns in Spectromagic. *shudders*

BellesRose
04-12-2011, 02:59 PM
I went on that Stitch ride at the MK one time and one time ONLY. Hated it!

My mom would say the caves at Tom Sawyer Island, hands down. She was on the verge of a panic attack, which makes me wonder how many really have had a breakdown in one of them, and how many kids have freaked out. I hit my head pretty good a couple of times as well. Surely they have had concussions in there, which would freak me out even more!
Another thing...how do larger people fit in there? I am small and I could barely squeeze through, but I saw a fairly large woman breeze out of there like it was nothing! Maybe if you know your way around, it's easier to maneuver?

SBETigg
04-12-2011, 03:02 PM
I saw two women dressed in sleazy princess-style costumes with platform sandals at Epcot. One was Jasmine and the other was Belle. I don't know how they got in dressed that way. I thought it was against park rules to be an adult guest dressed as characters, unless it was for the Halloween party. Plus, these women looked to be for hire, to be honest. It was downright bizarre and definitely freaky.

BrerGnat
04-12-2011, 03:18 PM
The Spectromagic clowns for sure!

Also, I am REALLY freaked out when I ride Dinosaur. I know it's fake and all, but it scares the bejeezus out of me. :blush:

lettripp
04-12-2011, 03:25 PM
As much as I love ToT, if you are "lucky" enough to get the drop sequence that takes you all the way to the bottom, there is a frightening image of the little girl that flashes... I had never seen it until the last trip... and it freaks me out just thinking about it!!

jdpip
04-12-2011, 03:41 PM
I agree with those Spectromagic clowns!

Momto3littlemice
04-12-2011, 04:03 PM
I have to agree with the clown at the boardwalk pool. Don't think I could ever swim there.:mickey:

Belle--86
04-12-2011, 04:30 PM
The dolls in it's a Small World....:eek:

DisneyorBust
04-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Another vote for the freaky "Chuckie" dolls in the Spectromagic parade. There is something seriously wrong with those things.....

DVC2004
04-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Another vote for the Stitch Ride. I also rode it once, that harness pressing down on you, the disgusting chili-dog or whatever it is burp in your face. Ugh! My son actually was pretty freaked out by the harness pressing down. We've never been back on it since. I actually did go on when it was Alien Encounter (was that what it was called?) and it didn't bother me that way.

McLiberal8
04-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Another vote for the Stitch Ride. I also rode it once, that harness pressing down on you, the disgusting chili-dog or whatever it is burp in your face. Ugh! My son actually was pretty freaked out by the harness pressing down. We've never been back on it since. I actually did go on when it was Alien Encounter (was that what it was called?) and it didn't bother me that way.

One of my funniest moments @ WDW was walking onto Stitch's Great Escape with a group of foreigners behind me, who spoke little to no english. I don't think they had any idea what the ride was, and they all started FREAKING OUT when it started.

laprana
04-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Two freaky things that stand out to me are the Mardi Gras masks in the French Quarter food court and the clowns in Spectromagic. *shudders*

:ditto: Couldn't agree more! I've only eaten in the POFQ food court once, and while the food was good, the big giant heads staring at me while I ate were a little unnerving! :eyes:

The only other thing I've seen so far that really freaked me out wasn't in a park, but on the walkway from the BW to DHS...a snake on the sidewalk! I know, not a big deal to some people, but I have a completely irrational, paralyzing fear of snakes. My DBf swears it was just a tiny, harmless snake. My eyeballs saw a giant, menacing anaconda laying in my path! :faint:

Dopey's Girl
04-12-2011, 06:48 PM

This!!! When we stayed @ POFQ, I couldn't eat in the food court I was so freaked out by those masks. And I have only seen Spectro once. I didn't know there were clowns, and the second I saw them, the rest of the parade was lost on me! So creepy!

Melanie
04-12-2011, 06:52 PM
:ditto: Couldn't agree more!

This!!! When we stayed @ POFQ, I couldn't eat in the food court I was so freaked out by those masks. And I have only seen Spectro once. I didn't know there were clowns, and the second I saw them, the rest of the parade was lost on me! So creepy!

Let's start a club! :yes:

JPL
04-12-2011, 07:13 PM
The Dolls of course :thedolls:

But the freakiest thing I ever saw was this one family dressed in long pants and long sleeve shirts that were all black. It had to be 110 out and I seemed to see them everywhere that day and they didn't even seem to be sweating or uncomfortable at all! I think they were aliens who lived on the surface of the sun! I was in shorts and t-shirt still feeling like I was about to pass out!

Christine
04-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Duffy!

BrerGnat
04-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Duffy!

Yes. Those Mickey shaped eyes are really weird. I don't understand the Duffy thing at ALL.

Melanie
04-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Duffy!

Now, now...Duffy likes the baseball. ;)

tiggerbuddy
04-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Totally Agree !!

The Spectromagic clowns for sure!:sick:

BrerSchultzy
04-12-2011, 07:57 PM
I don't know if any of you have ever gotten stuck on IASW when it really broke down. When the ride shuts down, they send out cast members in those big fishing overalls (not sure what they're called). They have to push the boats to the nearest emergency exit. Let me tell you, it's a strange moment to see a real person walking in the water pushing those boats with all the dolls still moving, but not singing (because, mercifully, they turn off the soundtrack).

bleukarma
04-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Another vote for the Dinosaur ride. I can take roller coasters and thrill rides but I couldnt take this one. Everyone else LOVED the picture at the end of the ride with my head hiding on my then BF shoulder. I couldnt wait to get off that ride!

Ian
04-12-2011, 08:19 PM
I saw two women dressed in sleazy princess-style costumes with platform sandals at Epcot. One was Jasmine and the other was Belle. I don't know how they got in dressed that way. I thought it was against park rules to be an adult guest dressed as characters, unless it was for the Halloween party. Plus, these women looked to be for hire, to be honest. It was downright bizarre and definitely freaky.OMG I saw those two!!! I wonder if we happened to be down at the same time or if they're locals who come dressed that way!?!

Seriously ... they looked like streetwalker versions of Jasmine and Belle ... it was really weird! :ack:

CanadaLovesDisney
04-12-2011, 09:22 PM
I believe it was extra evening hours because it was really late and really dark outside. We decided to burn off some calories from our dole whips on the Swiss family Robinson treehouse walkthrough. We were up near one of the little tree house rooms and I thought I saw a shadow of a person (thought maybe they added a life-size doll as decor) As I got closer I realized it was a real person In a black hooded sweatshirt just standing there facing towards aladdin carpets/adventureland. They didn't flinch when we passed by them so I never saw their face. We were both really creeped out and so as we went up a bit further we stopped and looked back and he/she was nowhere in sight. We got off so fast and we have never gone near that tree again...

Stitch98
04-12-2011, 09:56 PM
HM when the picture sings "Here comes the Bride..." or " 'til DEATH does us part..." .

That used to scare me to death:hmghost:
no pun intended:sorry:

Ryan Towle
04-13-2011, 08:08 AM
When I was at Grad Nite '06, I took this photograph in front of POTC. If you looks very carefully, it looks like what appears to be a see-through man standing in the bottom right of the picture. Standing under the archway, directly to the right of the metal column, wearing an open black jacket. You can barely make out his face/hair. Didn't notice him until I uploaded the picture onto the computer.:confused:

http://tinypic.com/r/5516jn/7

SBETigg
04-13-2011, 08:39 AM
OMG I saw those two!!! I wonder if we happened to be down at the same time or if they're locals who come dressed that way!?!

Seriously ... they looked like streetwalker versions of Jasmine and Belle ... it was really weird! :ack:

Ian, wow. We must have overlapped trips at some point, or yes, they could be locals (scary thought). I'm glad someone else saw them, though. I really thought they should not have been allowed in. Could have scared some kids. I know I was a little freaked out by them.

Mitzie
04-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Another vote for the clown pool at BWI. I don't particularly like the pool at FQ either..even the alligators on the sidewalks freak me out.

Mousefever
04-13-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm with everyone else about any of the clowns or masks. I wonder what it is about them that bother me and others. Maybe the leering expression. Or that the face seems so incongruous to the body. It's just freaky!

Amy

Mitzie
04-13-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm with everyone else about any of the clowns or masks. I wonder what it is about them that bother me and others. Maybe the leering expression. Or that the face seems so incongruous to the body. It's just freaky!

Amy

For me it goes back to a Little House on the Prairie episode where this guy was a rapist and he wore this like clown/mime mask...it had the character Albert in it...ever since then I don't like clowns or mask like that...

White Rose
04-13-2011, 11:09 AM
When I was at Grad Nite '06, I took this photograph in front of POTC. If you looks very carefully, it looks like what appears to be a see-through man standing in the bottom right of the picture. Standing under the archway, directly to the right of the metal column, wearing an open black jacket. You can barely make out his face/hair. Didn't notice him until I uploaded the picture onto the computer.:confused:

Holy cow, Ryan! It took me a few minutes, but I finally saw what you were referencing in that photo. That is just incredibly freaky/creepy. Wow...

I believe it was extra evening hours because it was really late and really dark outside. We decided to burn off some calories from our dole whips on the Swiss family Robinson treehouse walkthrough. We were up near one of the little tree house rooms and I thought I saw a shadow of a person (thought maybe they added a life-size doll as decor) As I got closer I realized it was a real person In a black hooded sweatshirt just standing there facing towards aladdin carpets/adventureland. They didn't flinch when we passed by them so I never saw their face. We were both really creeped out and so as we went up a bit further we stopped and looked back and he/she was nowhere in sight. We got off so fast and we have never gone near that tree again...

That sounds absolutely terrifying. I knew there was a reason I avoided that area at night. :blush:

nfrustaci
04-13-2011, 11:17 AM

totally just freaked me out, thanks. it also looks like he has his ankles crossed. i always tell my hubby that when i am dead if he wants to visit me then he should go to Disney World. I wonder if that is what that guy told his family?

nfrustaci
04-13-2011, 11:19 AM
For me it goes back to a Little House on the Prairie episode where this guy was a rapist and he wore this like clown/mime mask...it had the character Albert in it...ever since then I don't like clowns or mask like that...

i remember that episode and i believe albert was going to marry her because she was "with child".....

MNNHFLTX
04-13-2011, 12:02 PM
totally just freaked me out, thanks. it also looks like he has his ankles crossed. i always tell my hubby that when i am dead if he wants to visit me then he should go to Disney World. I wonder if that is what that guy told his family?I looked at the pic too and saw the image you mention. It's probably just shadows playing off the contours of the pillars, but who knows???

Freakiest thing for me at the parks--the Dinosaur ride at DHS. I must have been on that thing a hundred times and I still hate those dinosaurs jumping out at me. :eek:

KatieDuck22
04-13-2011, 01:57 PM
when you get on a ride like splash mountain after it was closed for techincal diffficultys

Jared
04-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Remember when that actually meant something around here? :thedolls:

Aurora
04-13-2011, 06:46 PM
For me it's the people I sometimes see wearing t-shirts with totally inappropriate writing or pictures on them. I expect to see the lowlife stuff at Six Flags, but it's such a shock when I see them at Disney World.

I know they're supposed to be stopped by CMs but on our last trip I saw an awful lot of them. I can't even post what some of them said, although I"m sure these ... ahem ... highly classy people did not see any problem wearing them.

AXOAlum
04-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Tons of people (wearing ill-fitting swimsuits)...

UGH - I hate this! DH's family lives at the beach, and it never fails to see a woman larger than me (I'm 250) in a bikini! Not a "tank-ini" where the top covers the belly... no a real life "string" bikini - and this happens often :ack:

For me, it's got to be the big freaky clown face at the Boardwalk pool!!!! LOL:clown::eek:

I saw that ONCE on the boat to DTD and I practically jumped in the floor. I told DH we would never stay there - even if it were free!

I have a completely irrational, paralyzing fear of snakes.

LOL - at least you fear a "real" thing - my irrational, paralyzing fear is BALLOONS! So imagine how I feel walking down a crowded Main Street with balloon vendors everywhere! :faint:

For me it's the people I sometimes see wearing t-shirts with totally inappropriate writing or pictures on them.

Last trip I saw a kid about 12 wearing a shirt that had the big bomb word on it missing the letter "U" and the saying "would you like to buy a vowel?" Mom & Dad were happily walking along - I thought I was entitled to smack all three of them! :mad:

crltkcagle
04-13-2011, 08:00 PM
As much as I loved Alien Encounter when that Alien's tongue came down on my head for the first time it freaked me out pretty badly! LOL

DunkieKong
04-13-2011, 10:52 PM
For me, it would have to be the Ghost Town that used to be the Legendary Years of the Pop Century. Staring across the lake at those shells of buildings was creepy. It looked like an abandoned city after some sort of natural disaster.

LVT
04-14-2011, 06:50 PM
I am with Dunkiekong. We are going in May and I hope it now looks like a construction site across from POP.:D

ryca1dreams
04-15-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm okay with it, but DD18 gets VERY freaked out on HM when the picture sings "Here comes the Bride..." or " 'til DEATH does us part..." .

Okay, that last one makes me shudder too. :bolt:

I didn't pick that out until a few trips back, but the music "Grim Grinning Ghosts" actually transitions into a creepy version of "Here Comes the Brides" as the pictures start saying "I do" "I do" "I do" Then there is the bride. Ooo that is creepy.

TheVBs
04-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Expidition Everest freaked me out. I thought I was going to have a heart attack on that ride!

EJS-Houston
04-15-2011, 11:15 AM
:ditto: Couldn't agree more! I've only eaten in the POFQ food court once, and while the food was good, the big giant heads staring at me while I ate were a little unnerving! :eyes:

The only other thing I've seen so far that really freaked me out wasn't in a park, but on the walkway from the BW to DHS...a snake on the sidewalk! I know, not a big deal to some people, but I have a completely irrational, paralyzing fear of snakes. My DBf swears it was just a tiny, harmless snake. My eyeballs saw a giant, menacing anaconda laying in my path! :faint:

I keenly feel your pain, Laprana! I'm ophidiophobic (irrational fear of snakes) too...and I used to have to shut my eyes at that one moment during "Honey I Shrunk the Audience." You KNOW the one I mean...when the pet boa constrictor (now a giant boa constrictor since you in the audience have been shrunk) shows up, bares its teeth and lunges at the audience in 3-D.

kemps@wdw
04-15-2011, 11:15 PM
...some of the clothes people choose to wear!

Joannelet
04-15-2011, 11:54 PM

http://tinypic.com/r/5516jn/7 I tried looking for it but I am on my nook and I don't have the best quality on it so I couldn't see it. But I thought it was interesting because the POTC ride at Wdw has a ghost story amongst the cast members of that ride.
And it is of a man......so your post just gave me chills.
The freakiest thing I ever saw was coral snake when I was working in Ak. He was backstage and I had to call animal control and wait there watching it so that I could show them where he was once they got there. Ugh. I can't stand snakes!

TheVBs
04-16-2011, 08:44 AM
I tried looking for it but I am on my nook and I don't have the best quality on it so I couldn't see it. But I thought it was interesting because the POTC ride at Wdw has a ghost story amongst the cast members of that ride.
And it is of a man......so your post just gave me chills.

Please, please tell the story! :mickey: I looked at the picture and I think I can see the where the figure is, but I'm not positive.

JasonH
04-16-2011, 01:11 PM
When I was at Grad Nite '06, I took this photograph in front of POTC. If you looks very carefully, it looks like what appears to be a see-through man standing in the bottom right of the picture. Standing under the archway, directly to the right of the metal column, wearing an open black jacket. You can barely make out his face/hair.

OMG! That is so cool and yes I could see exactly what you meant. I would say well it might of been a person that just walked in on the pic while you were taking it but typically you'll see a streak behind them if they're moving. There's no streak.:eek:

For me it's the people I sometimes see wearing t-shirts with totally inappropriate writing or pictures on them. I expect to see the lowlife stuff at Six Flags, but it's such a shock when I see them at Disney World.

I agree, those kinds of shirts should not be in the parks whatsoever, b/c after all, it's supposed to be a magical kid-friendly experience. BUT, in Six Flags defense (I used to work at the one in St. Louis from 95-98), we didn't like it either and we also stopped people if we seen it as inappropriate, even back when I worked there that long ago. So Six Flags doesn't expect it either. :)

ransam
04-17-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm not usually offended easily. but i did see a woman once w/ a bikini top on at the park, and no way was the bikini big enough to cover what she should have been covering.

Marcya23
04-17-2011, 10:09 PM
I feel like a horrible person telling this story, but years ago I saw a man at MK who was very tragically missing a leg riding in a wheelchair, gnawing on a huge turkey leg. To this day I can't look at someone eating one. Freaks me out.

RavsRuleDisney!
04-18-2011, 11:10 AM
The fast-food bird assassins in MK - the best (or worst!) one i saw was when a bird swooped down and swiped an ice cream cone out of a guys hand - funny AND scary!! :joy::jaw:

Aurora
04-18-2011, 11:09 PM
BUT, in Six Flags defense (I used to work at the one in St. Louis from 95-98), we didn't like it either and we also stopped people if we seen it as inappropriate, even back when I worked there that long ago. So Six Flags doesn't expect it either. :)

Didn't mean to pick on Six Flags in general. I remember going to the St. Louis park as a kid and it was so much nicer than "mine," the one outside Chicago. Judging by your post, I assume it still is.

PrettyMinnie
04-19-2011, 10:37 AM
The fast-food bird assassins in MK - the best (or worst!) one i saw was when a bird swooped down and swiped an ice cream cone out of a guys hand - funny AND scary!! :joy::jaw:

Have to agree with this one! I'm not a huge fan of birds in general, but I hate the vultures that seem pretty much fearless! :mad:

BandMan
04-19-2011, 01:23 PM
I feel like a horrible person telling this story, but years ago I saw a man at MK who was very tragically missing a leg riding in a wheelchair, gnawing on a huge turkey leg. To this day I can't look at someone eating one. Freaks me out.

:funny: I just busted out laughing when I read this. DW and DD18 gave me this :confused: look, so I read it to them and they busted out laughing, too.

Momto2Princesses&1Pirate
04-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Just so you know, I'll never be able to see a big "honkin" turkey leg again without thinking of your story........ and laughing ALOT. :blush:

BWayGrl
04-19-2011, 02:26 PM
As much as I love ToT, if you are "lucky" enough to get the drop sequence that takes you all the way to the bottom, there is a frightening image of the little girl that flashes... I had never seen it until the last trip... and it freaks me out just thinking about it!!

I don't know if I saw the little girl, but I saw what looked like a bellhop holding a noose! That really freaked me out!

BrerGnat
04-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Okay, I just remembered this one.

On a trip a few years ago, my sister and friend and I were walking from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland. One of those big white birds (looks like a crane) came swooping in from behind us; his feet grazed my hair, so I was freaked by that. BUT, it landed in some bushes near the Teacups and "caught" a HUGE gecko. It held it in its beak for a few minutes, while a small crowd looked on in sort of horror. The gecko was squirming and all these little kids were yelling "NO, don't eat it!!!". The crane flipped it's head up, opened its mouth, and swallowed the gecko whole. The freakiest part was that you could see the shape of the gecko as it went down the bird's throat, and it was still wiggling all the way down!!!

Gave us all the heebie jeebies. I felt bad for the kids who saw that and really didn't understand that's how nature works.

AdventurerKim
04-21-2011, 03:27 PM
I don't know if this was really "freaky", but it was definitely memorable and still referenced in my house today.

In Epcot once, a few years ago, we saw a group of Tibetan monks in their orange togas walking through World Showcase.

AXOAlum
04-21-2011, 09:44 PM

Guess I'll be on the bus with you to the dark place because I can't catch my breath from laughing so hard at this story. I am a vegetarian so I already hate looking at those things (or worse...having someone come up beside me with one and having to hear them chew on it :ack: ) but this brings it to a whole 'nother level! :secret:

Hog
04-21-2011, 10:01 PM
When we were there last year we saw this lady in her early 40s who looked like she had recently taken advantage of a huge sale on plastic surgery. She looked more plastic than a barbie doll and to make this worse she was wearing no clothes and was walking around with her presumed husband who was close to 80 years old. Everyone was gawking and rubber necking at this odd couple. I saw people literally covering their childs eyes from seeing this awful sight.

darthmacho
04-22-2011, 09:35 AM
I agree with the folks that mentioned the FQ cafeteria. The giant faces are very freaky!

Ribeyespud
04-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Mine is a fun one but scary never the less and one I wasn't expecting. I was in the stretching room of the haunted mansion and when the lights went off it took me by surprise....however when the lights came on I turned around to walk to the doombuggys and a butler cast member was very close to me and staring creeply at me.....no lie, you had to be there, but my wife noticed him get ready to scare me before the lights went out and thought it would be funny not to let me in on the joke....to this day I still remember his stare....and the laughter of all when I turned around and practically pushed my wife out of the way to get away from him....:bolt: He totally freaked me out but in a fun way...but I was on the look out for him the rest of the trip. :blush:

Urbss
04-25-2011, 04:42 PM
My scariest moment of every trip is when I look at the charges to the room when checking out!! ;)

Cjsmom1811
05-16-2011, 02:51 PM
when we were there last year we saw this lady in her early 40s who looked like she had recently taken advantage of a huge sale on plastic surgery. She looked more plastic than a barbie doll and to make this worse she was wearing no clothes and was walking around with her presumed husband who was close to 80 years old. Everyone was gawking and rubber necking at this odd couple. I saw people literally covering their childs eyes from seeing this awful sight.

no clothes?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

BellesRose
05-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Mine is a fun one but scary never the less and one I wasn't expecting. I was in the stretching room of the haunted mansion and when the lights went off it took me by surprise....however when the lights came on I turned around to walk to the doombuggys and a butler cast member was very close to me and staring creeply at me.....no lie, you had to be there, but my wife noticed him get ready to scare me before the lights went out and thought it would be funny not to let me in on the joke....to this day I still remember his stare....and the laughter of all when I turned around and practically pushed my wife out of the way to get away from him....:bolt: He totally freaked me out but in a fun way...but I was on the look out for him the rest of the trip. :blush:
That happened to my mom at the end of the ride after we got off! To this day, she still doesn't believe that he was just acting and that's part of the HM appeal. She is convinced that he was angry with her AND that he was evil. The funniest part was we were all laughing at her while he followed her all the way off the ride...she FINALLY turned around and got totally creeped out.

i'm grumpy
05-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Another vote for the freaky "Chuckie" dolls in the Spectromagic parade. There is something seriously wrong with those things.....

Ditto! And someone stripping their kid in one of those water play areas in Fantasyland.

McLiberal8
05-17-2011, 11:26 AM
LOL - at least you fear a "real" thing - my irrational, paralyzing fear is BALLOONS! So imagine how I feel walking down a crowded Main Street with balloon vendors everywhere!

I am the same! I am just curious - do you have a fear of fireworks, as well? I do. I am afraid of really anything I know will go BOOM at some point, and I don't know when. Makes me anxious. :scared:

mgmnut
05-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Okay, I just remembered this one.

One of those big white birds (looks like a crane) came swooping in from behind us; his feet grazed my hair, so I was freaked by that. BUT, it landed in some bushes near the Teacups and "caught" a HUGE gecko. It held it in its beak for a few minutes, while a small crowd looked on in sort of horror. The gecko was squirming and all these little kids were yelling "NO, don't eat it!!!". The crane flipped it's head up, opened its mouth, and swallowed the gecko whole. The freakiest part was that you could see the shape of the gecko as it went down the bird's throat, and it was still wiggling all the way down!!!

Gave us all the heebie jeebies. I felt bad for the kids who saw that and really didn't understand that's how nature works.

Ha ha, that reminds me of a personal story that did not take place at Disney. Early one morning I went into my backyard to find a couple of Chipmunks rummaging around. I grabbed some sunflower seeds, tossed them on the ground to the chipmunks, and went and got my kids. We went outside to look at them. No sooner as my daughter said "Awww thier so cute" what looked like a Turkey Vulture came out of nowhere, landed on one of the chipmunks, flapped around a bit on the ground, and then flew away with the chipmunk. You could see the chipmunk dangling from below the bird as if flew away. My daughter was horrified, but the timing could not have been any better.

I do have another animal related Disney story though.

Back in 2006 we were at Epcot near the American Pavillion. Someone was walking bye with a funnel cake, a seagull swooped down and nocked it right out of his hand. All of a sudden tons of seagulls came flying in and started tearing apart the dropped funnel cake and fighting over it. It was so freaky that there were so many birds all of a sudden in one area making tons of noise. People were freaking out. It looked like a scene from The Birds. It was over as quickly as it started as soon as the funnel cake was gone.

Ksmith75
05-19-2011, 08:59 PM
We are here now. While at MK this evening I saw a dead dried up bird under a bench in tomorrowland. Ewwww! Also I am sure the face I made when a lady on an ecv ( she boarded after there were people on the bus) tried to back up and went forward full speed into my and dh knees was freaky!

Fastpasssteve
05-20-2011, 04:49 AM
Aside from parents who can't or won't recognize when their children have reached their limit and need a big ol' nap...

...the freakiest things I've seen in the parks are the other guests. There's a lot of big hair down there in the South. I tend to (subtly) take photos with my camera phone of the more 'interesting' people I see...kind of like a scavenger hunt. Then, when we return to the room, we compare photos to see who 'wins.'

cer
05-20-2011, 08:16 AM
I am the same! I am just curious - do you have a fear of fireworks, as well? I do. I am afraid of really anything I know will go BOOM at some point, and I don't know when. Makes me anxious. :scared:

OK, while I am fine with the balloons they sell at Disney, give my child a balloon (just a regular blown up, non-helium balloon) in the car....and I am a complete nut-case. Completely on edge waiting for it to pop.

I also have a real fear of balloons that have been popped or not inflated. It's the mom in me freaking about a choking hazard.

mook3y
05-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Freakiest thing for me was at MK.

We were waiting for our Disney Family Magic Tour to start in the garden next to Guest Services.

I noticed there were quite a few bee's in the area. While I have learned it is best not to move around much and even if a bee lands on you, it's not going to sting you. They still gives me the willies!

Anyways, I noticed up in the tree, there was a pretty big bee hive forming. It was bigger than a football. :bolt:

I pointed out to the tour guide and it was gone the next day.

But I was SURE glad to get out of that area!

MNDisney Dad
05-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Me leaving MK!

MissMaryPoppins
05-22-2011, 09:51 PM

I must be a horrible person myself because that really made me laugh. I always thought those turkey legs were freaky.

i'm grumpy
05-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Young kids running around with no adults in sight. At night!

AmandaChan
05-24-2011, 07:44 AM
I don't know if any of you have ever gotten stuck on IASW when it really broke down. When the ride shuts down, they send out cast members in those big fishing overalls (not sure what they're called). They have to push the boats to the nearest emergency exit. Let me tell you, it's a strange moment to see a real person walking in the water pushing those boats with all the dolls still moving, but not singing (because, mercifully, they turn off the soundtrack).

I'm pretty sure that is the creepiest thing to have ever happened in WDW.

emerzmom
05-24-2011, 10:48 AM
On my last visit (in early April) we saw a man walking around in a bee costume. The costume only covered his torso, he was wearing tights, and he had some thing on his head. It was so random and weird. He was with a group of people that looked like a large family and he appeared to be a father figure in the group. We saw him a couple of times that day and just could not figure out what the bee costume was about. ....very weird.
I also thought that adults could not wear costumes into the park (outside of MNSSHP).
:mickey:

UCJen
05-24-2011, 09:20 PM
On my last visit (in early April) we saw a man walking around in a bee costume. The costume only covered his torso, he was wearing tights, and he had some thing on his head. It was so random and weird. He was with a group of people that looked like a large family and he appeared to be a father figure in the group. We saw him a couple of times that day and just could not figure out what the bee costume was about. ....very weird.
I also thought that adults could not wear costumes into the park (outside of MNSSHP).
:mickey:

LOL! Sounds like somebody lost a bet or a dare!

Did he just tights on his bottom half? As in no shorts?

These stories are cracking me up. I've never seen anything freaky, save for the women who like to walk around WDW in booty shorts with the word "juicy" emblazoned across their capacious bottoms. Stay classy, ladies.

DisneyaHolic
05-25-2011, 09:14 PM
My husband and I have been to Disney World a bunch of times, and now we come up with little "scavenger hunts" of our own making.

Once we did Fanny Packs.
Once we did parents losing it.
Once we did belly shirts.

What should we do next???

IamBelle
05-26-2011, 07:57 PM
In April, I went with my marching band, and one of my friends spent the whole day at DHS dressed up like a banana. (It was an inside joke...he had to wear the suit for one of our shows.) That was one of the funniest and freakiest things I've seen! :mickey:

ChipNDale79
05-27-2011, 08:08 AM
My husband and I have been to Disney World a bunch of times, and now we come up with little "scavenger hunts" of our own making.

Once we did Fanny Packs.
Once we did parents losing it.
Once we did belly shirts.

What should we do next???

One year we tried to find a hat or shirt for every MLB team. We were able to spot all but one and got a bonus by spotting Expos' hats and shirts (no longer in MLB).

janebanks
05-29-2011, 01:49 PM
I have a good and proper freak out every time I see a woman enter a Disney theme park wearing high heels. I've seen it more often in Disneyland, but it's happened in WDW, too. Never fails to make my own feet hurt just looking at hers.

johnO
05-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Hands down it was the man letting his roughly three year old son go ... uh ... "number one" in a bush directly out front of the rest rooms between Main Street and Tomorrowland.

:ack:

wow

johnO
05-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Spectromagic dolls are completely creepy

BluewaterBrad
05-30-2011, 03:44 PM
My scariest moment of every trip is when I look at the charges to the room when checking out!! ;)

LOL!!!:mickey:

omearac
05-30-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the creepy bear who only sings about "Blood everywhere." That is one c-r-e-e-p-y bear!

AmandaChan
05-31-2011, 03:54 AM
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the creepy bear who only sings about "Blood everywhere." That is one c-r-e-e-p-y bear!

Say whatt??? what bear?

Dragongirlx
05-31-2011, 04:06 AM
Say whatt??? what bear?

He is in the Country bear jamboree

Victor Kelly
05-31-2011, 11:42 AM
Women in heels. Not just heels 4 inch and above heels. Then it is the too short shorts and skirts. I will not even begin to get into the appropriateness of spandex , suffice to say not everyone should wear it.

I find it hilarious that the high heel crowd is complaining about their feet hurting when you walk past them before the rope even drops. :haha:

Kenny1113
05-31-2011, 03:09 PM
This thread is great! Love the photos of other pp idea! Sounds like fun!

My freakiest moment was at MK durning MNSSHP. It was tge end of the night and we had just gotten off of HM. There was no one else in sight in liberty square,and a very slow creepy tune was playing overhead.

figmagination
05-31-2011, 03:56 PM
The Country Bear Jamboree. I don't know but it was creepy and weird!!! Lol. Not to mention the singing, that didn't help the matter.

MushuGrl
06-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I have a good and proper freak out every time I see a woman enter a Disney theme park wearing high heels. I've seen it more often in Disneyland, but it's happened in WDW, too. Never fails to make my own feet hurt just looking at hers.

I'm completely with you. Last trip we were walking in World Showcase...with sneakers..and STILL had aching feet...lady in front of us was wearing heels. This was around Germany, if I remember. Just the thought of having to walk back to the monorail in those shoes from Germany...ouch.

Mogie
06-01-2011, 06:02 PM
"Flash" Mountain... :covered:

Young@Heart
06-05-2011, 01:58 PM
a woman letting a 6 or 7 year old boy run around completely naked near Test Track. DD was 5 at the time, and he was definitely older than her.....:confused:

ann0d
06-05-2011, 05:03 PM
We were in MK one time and a huge lady was dressed in a SHORT Minnie dress - her boobs were popping out and she had Minnie Mouse ears on. I just kept telling myself she must be mentally challenged, which would explain it. (Let me believe that! LOL)

Basket Mommy
06-06-2011, 10:17 AM

We've stayed there a couple of times, and the clown does give me a weird feeling. I blame it on Stephen King's It. Stupid Pennywise turned me off clowns, red balloons, yellow raincoats and Fur Elise for the rest of my life.

I actually did go on when it was Alien Encounter (was that what it was called?) and it didn't bother me that way.

Went on Alien Encounter on my honeymoon. I don't scare easily, but that experience was horrific. I hate the Stitch one, too.

mouseketeer mom
06-06-2011, 10:37 AM
The Country Bear Jamboree. I don't know but it was creepy and weird!!! Lol. Not to mention the singing, that didn't help the matter.

I'm with ya' on this one!

Dulcee
06-06-2011, 10:50 AM
These posts have made me giggle..

Mine has to be walking out of EPCOT after a late dinner reservation one night, park had closed earlier so it was pretty quiet. While heading out the back exit of EPCOT a whole line of cockroaches went scurrying in front of us.

My barefoot self screeched and went searching through my backpack for my flip flops quicker then I could tell you.

Ugh. lol

White Rose
06-06-2011, 12:43 PM

Mine has to be walking out of EPCOT after a late dinner reservation one night, park had closed earlier so it was pretty quiet. While heading out the back exit of EPCOT a whole line of cockroaches went scurrying in front of us.

My barefoot self screeched and went searching through my backpack for my flip flops quicker then I could tell you.

Ugh. lol

Oh, Lord. :bolt:

That thought really terrifies me. I HATE bugs!!! Hope you didn't step on any!

Niecyboo
06-14-2011, 10:19 PM
I have been reading this post from the beginning and I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner! This was weird enough to bring this post back to life.

My family was enjoying a day at Blizzard Beach and there was this couple wheeling around a stroller with a screen covering the entire front. It was August in Florida so I just assumed it was for sun protection. Then once when I happened to be standing by them, I glanced into the stroller and it was a MONKEY inside the stroller. I struck up a conversation with them (I just had to ask) and they had lied to the gate CM and managed to sneak the monkey in on the assumption it was a baby. We must not have been the first to notice because before I could even decide whether to get my kids out of the wave pool to go report this, a very nice security guard approached them. I didn't hear what was being said, but they looked very shocked and seemed to argue for a minute before walking off with the guard.

Silver_Surfer
06-14-2011, 10:33 PM
We were there last week and seen a snake while walking to a restaurant for dinner. My son thought it was a branch and stepped on it. Lucky he didn't get bit. I don't know what type it was.

figmagination
06-18-2011, 12:21 PM
During our last trip, we saw something quite odd. While sitting down at DHS, we saw a man dressed in a black suit and fedora carrying a black suitcase. He looked as if he was trying to be secretive and avoid people. He was powerwalking and looked to be in a rush. We believe it was a CM. I just made a thread about. I'm wanting to know more about this if there is anymore to it.

TinkerbellFan16
06-18-2011, 02:15 PM
totally just freaked me out, thanks. it also looks like he has his ankles crossed. i always tell my hubby that when i am dead if he wants to visit me then he should go to Disney World. I wonder if that is what that guy told his family?

It is rumored to be George, a worker that died during construction in the 70's. There a 2 versoins of how he died, but CMs say good morning and good night to him to ensure the ride works properly. Also, if any guest makes a comment of disbelief regarding George, the ride does something wrong when they are on.

joanna71985
06-18-2011, 08:01 PM
During our last trip, we saw something quite odd. While sitting down at DHS, we saw a man dressed in a black suit and fedora carrying a black suitcase. He looked as if he was trying to be secretive and avoid people. He was powerwalking and looked to be in a rush. We believe it was a CM. I just made a thread about. I'm wanting to know more about this if there is anymore to it.

There's nothing much to it. I'm pretty sure you just saw Mugsy from GMR (I also replied to the other thread).

mikeyrio
06-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Freakiest thing i have seen was waiting at the viewing area at the bottom of summit plummit-Blizzard Beach this guy came down got out of the slide elated with himself hooping and howling hugh smile.I saw he had a pair of those tight swim trunks and as he made his way back up to take another ride i spotted that ....how can i put this....his package had slipped out the side of his swim trunks:sick:.To this day i think to myself should i have gone over to tell him but i just let him go up those steps eeeeek

flipadeeflop
06-19-2011, 01:27 PM
When we rode Haunted Mansion for the first time in 1996, I was 8. Apparently, I was the ONLY one in my family to look up in the stretching room.
After the ride I tried to talk about how scary the hanging man was during the lighting flash, but no one in my family had ANY idea what I was talking about. We didn't go on HM again until 2000, so the whole time I believed I had seen a REAL ghost!!! It was very creepy!

Reesa Roo
06-19-2011, 07:36 PM
My friend and I were standing in line for EE at Animal Kingdom when we noticed a lady in line in front of us with the hugest bee-hive hairdo I've ever seen. She had to be at least in her 50s and the hair looked like it was straight from the 60s. The funny part is that we saw her after she got off the ride also. Our hair was totally blown all over the place from the ride. Her hair hadn't moved at all. She must have been wearing some kind of super hold hairspray!! We laughed about that the entire trip.

Stitchahula
06-19-2011, 08:22 PM
we were in Hollywood studios just having had my sons pictures done with Luke Skywalker and R2D2, when my sister and I noticed a "woman" in a micro mini and 6 inch heels. "She was very tall without the heels (probably over 6 ft.) so with the heels "she" really stood out. Now you might think it was the fact that it was a man dressed as a woman in a micro mini and a blond wig that had us staring but it wasn't. It was the fact that he/she was walking around the park with 6 inch heels that had us amazed as our poor feet were screaming at us in flip flops.

Friend of Figment
06-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Last week we saw a woman in her late 50s to early 60s who had chosen a very unusual outfit to walk around AK. She had a black skirted swimsuit, a black cardigan and a black newsboy cap. She had black heels on her feet. So many levels of bad...but she clearly thought she looked HOT as opposed to hot and sweaty as she appeared to others.

kemps@wdw
06-19-2011, 09:15 PM
the clothes that some adults chose to wear to the parks.

kemps@wdw
06-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Yes...I have finally made my 1000th post on Intercot! :woohoo::joy::clappy::yay: I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all my fellow Intercoters for your posts, reports, help, and input. Just goes to show that no matter how many times you go to the World, there's always more to learn and see, and always someone with a wonderfully different view on things! I am not ashamed to say that I love WDW (even @ my age) and have since the 1st time I set foot in MK in 1974. Lots of changes and refurbs. Some good...some not so good...but we've tried to do them all! And I don't see us stopping any time soon. As my signature says, we (DH and I) are planning retirement @ the World. I hope this becomes a reality, because I want to share my love of WDW with EVERYONE. Hopefully, even with some of you! :thanks:

LoriSan
06-19-2011, 10:06 PM
I don't know if this was really "freaky", but it was definitely memorable and still referenced in my house today.

In Epcot once, a few years ago, we saw a group of Tibetan monks in their orange togas walking through World Showcase.

I saw those monks outside of DHS a few years ago! I had to take a picture.

A Big Kid
06-20-2011, 10:43 AM
I didnt see this, but I remember reading about it either on this board or the "other" WDW board:

A guest reported seeing a male and female on the steps to city hall at the MK sharing a can of corn with a plastic spoon. BIZARO!

brivers222
06-20-2011, 10:49 AM
;)

Ugh. lol

You sure you weren't accidently in Its tough to be a bug ;)

flipadeeflop
06-20-2011, 01:38 PM
I didnt see this, but I remember reading about it either on this board or the "other" WDW board:

A guest reported seeing a male and female on the steps to city hall at the MK sharing a can of corn with a plastic spoon. BIZARO!

hahaha of ALL snacks you could bring!
was the original post in another list of freaky sightings?

NewDVCowner
06-20-2011, 01:52 PM

I was at Disneyland this weekend and a couple were sitting at a table with an open can of Chef Boyardee (sp) with two plastic forks stuck in it. Yuck!

ValenciaCalling
06-20-2011, 02:15 PM
My mom would say the caves at Tom Sawyer Island, hands down. She was on the verge of a panic attack, which makes me wonder how many really have had a breakdown in one of them, and how many kids have freaked out.

The same thing happened to me! I really tried to enjoy it, but I felt like something was going to jump out and grab me. haha

My friend got really creeped out by the blacksmith figure with the saggy arm. lol That whole island looks like it hasn't been touched in 40 years.

Cjsmom1811
06-20-2011, 02:16 PM
My friend and I were standing in line for EE at Animal Kingdom when we noticed a lady in line in front of us with the hugest bee-hive hairdo I've ever seen. She had to be at least in her 50s and the hair looked like it was straight from the 60s. The funny part is that we saw her after she got off the ride also. Our hair was totally blown all over the place from the ride. Her hair hadn't moved at all. She must have been wearing some kind of super hold hairspray!! We laughed about that the entire trip.

Id bet money she's from baltimore hon! Straight out the movie 'Hairspray' Walk through downtown baltimore and you see plenty of beehives!

ValenciaCalling
06-20-2011, 02:43 PM

Ugh. lol

Ugh. I saw SO many cockroaches there, and most of them were INSIDE. The first one I saw was in the western scene of GMR, and another one I saw was in Stage One (The Muppet Store). Mind your step, folks.

abdcsl
06-21-2011, 01:38 PM
but I am TERRiFIED of rodents so the first time I saw Honey I blew up the Audience, I FREAKED out. My flight response kicked in and I literally drew blood from my boyfriend (now hubby's) arm. It was awful, awful, awful. My heartrate goes up just thinking about it.

AmandaChan
06-21-2011, 01:51 PM

But the freakiest thing I ever saw was this one family dressed in long pants and long sleeve shirts that were all black. It had to be 110 out and I seemed to see them everywhere that day and they didn't even seem to be sweating or uncomfortable at all! I think they were aliens who lived on the surface of the sun! I was in shorts and t-shirt still feeling like I was about to pass out!

Whenever I see people like this I wonder if they just blast the air conditioner so much that they're freezing by the time they get to the park and it takes them a while to warm up... heh