PDA

View Full Version : Number of guests allowed with a king bed?

IloveJack
04-12-2011, 10:19 AM
While things may change in the next 14ish months, right now, my DD2 co-sleeps with us. We have another DD on the way, and we're planning to go to WDW next year for her 1st birthday.

Is there a limit on guests allowed in a room with a king-size bed? My DD will be 3 then, but she's rather small, and most likely won't use the other bed by herself. If both sleep with us (which is likely), will they allow all 4 of us to have that room? Or is it a strict "3 years and up" that will bump us up to 2 beds?

SBETigg
04-12-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure what kind of arrangements they allow with little ones. Usually, it's a room for two when a king bed is involved. If you're two adults with kids older than toddlers, they won't book you into a king bed room. Considering your circumstances and the fact that the children are little ones, it might make a difference. You would have to call and ask.

KylesMom
04-12-2011, 11:24 AM
We encountered this issue several years ago when trying to book a King.

Since the Contemporary Resort had a day bed, we were able to book a King room with DS who was over 3. At the time we were able to pay an extra $7 per night to have it guaranteed instead of just a request. However, if there had not been that daybed in the room, the computer would not even accept the reservation, and Disney would not have issued us a King room due to their occupancy levels, which is two per room for a King bed.

BrerGnat
04-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Yes, the maximum allowed in a King room is 3, but only when there is a daybed. Kids 3 and over count towards the room occupancy limit, even if they share a bed with you.

Your only option is finding a king bed room in a deluxe hotel that ALSO has a daybed.

IloveJack
04-12-2011, 12:30 PM
I knew someone here would have experience with this! Thanks for the info.

magicofdisney
04-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Computer glitches aside, my 3 kids and I were placed in a King-bed room once, at a value resort. My two girls were 4 and my son was 6. Obviously it can be done but I don't know the rules involved.

KarenP
04-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Disney will only allow you to book 2 people plus a child aged 2 or under in a pack and play in a king room at a value or moderate resort.