PDA

View Full Version : Cbr or value ? Undecided

nfrustaci
04-11-2011, 12:23 PM
We have been staying at pop for so many years now and we truly love it there. With the recent refurb it is even more wonderful for us. However we have a 2 year old and we thought that staying in a moderate before we actually have to pay for a 3rd person would be a good thing. But is it really worth the additional money or should we just wait until he is old enough to enjoy a cool pool...? Keep in mind that with a 10 day stay, 10 day park hopper and meal plan it would cost almost $ 1,000.00 more to stay in a moderate. Would just like to hear some of your comments. We were also considering staying at asmo (heard something about a refurb) my son is a toy story addict. Lol

Disney4us2
04-12-2011, 04:32 AM
We were at CBR in December. There is a water play area next to the main pool. It is designed for younger children. You have to be under a certain height to play there. It looked like a lot of fun. My DD was way too big to go in.

CleveRocks
04-12-2011, 09:09 AM
we have a 2 year old and we thought that staying in a moderate before we actually have to pay for a 3rd person would be a good thing. But is it really worth the additional money or should we just wait until he is old enough to enjoy a cool pool...? Keep in mind that with a 10 day stay, 10 day park hopper and meal plan it would cost almost $ 1,000.00 more to stay in a moderate. Would just like to hear some of your comments. We were also considering staying at asmo (heard something about a refurb) my son is a toy story addict. LolA few thoughts ...

I just want to make sure that when you talk about staying in a Moderate before you have to pay for a third person thhat you're referring only to the price of tickets and Dining Plan and NOT the price of the resort itself ... there's no charge for a "third person" until that person reaches 18 years of age.

For your dates, it looks like weekdays are $95 and weekends $105 at Pop Century, versus $164/$174 at CBR. That's a difference of $69 a night, or $690.

There are some substantial differences between Values and Mods. The size of the room (260 sq. ft vs. 340 at CBR), a free fridge, a hot tub, a pool slide, covered bus stops (think protection from rain and hot sun), and so on.

Obviously, there's no difference in the price of your park tickets or Dining Plan between levels of resorts.

For about $700, it might be worth it to you to check out staying at a Mod, especially for such a long stay.

But be careful. We always stayed at Mods, but with the 2009 Buy 4 Get 3 Free promotion, we moved up to the Polynesian, and now we are TOTALLY spoiled and don't think we can go back to a Mod after staying at that wonderful Deluxe. So don't say I didn't warn you!:D

nfrustaci
04-12-2011, 10:48 AM
A few thoughts ...

I just want to make sure that when you talk about staying in a Moderate before you have to pay for a third person thhat you're referring only to the price of tickets and Dining Plan and NOT the price of the resort itself ... there's no charge for a "third person" until that person reaches 18 years of age.

For your dates, it looks like weekdays are $95 and weekends $105 at Pop Century, versus $164/$174 at CBR. That's a difference of $69 a night, or $690.

There are some substantial differences between Values and Mods. The size of the room (260 sq. ft vs. 340 at CBR), a free fridge, a hot tub, a pool slide, covered bus stops (think protection from rain and hot sun), and so on.

Obviously, there's no difference in the price of your park tickets or Dining Plan between levels of resorts.

For about $700, it might be worth it to you to check out staying at a Mod, especially for such a long stay.

But be careful. We always stayed at Mods, but with the 2009 Buy 4 Get 3 Free promotion, we moved up to the Polynesian, and now we are TOTALLY spoiled and don't think we can go back to a Mod after staying at that wonderful Deluxe. So don't say I didn't warn you!:D

yes to the cost of tickets and meal plan.... we were thinking that since we will be paying for him next year we were afraid that we would not be able to afford a moderate with the added cost of a third member. i priced both resorts and it is a cost difference of 883. we never had a problem with the size of the rooms. we have paid for the frig in the past and to be honest we did use it but at the end of the trip we threw away all the leftovers and unused drinks. i guess we always forgot about those things being in there. I do like the hot tub.... def a plus for me !!! My son can't use the slide yet but my husband likes them. (so do I) coverd bus stop is a nice plus. don't know why they don't have them at the values.... wonder if they are putting that in at the Art of Animation. I did say to my husband that if they offered the 40 percent off while we are there that i would love to stay at the poly.... so thanks for the warning..... and thanks for your input, something to think about.

giroux28
04-12-2011, 11:46 AM
For us, it really depends on how much time we expect to stay at the resort. I would imagine if you have the park hopper, you plan on taking breaks during the day to nap and rest and use the pool, etc (Things we usually don't do, so we don't have much experience with that). So I'm thinking the better quality resort may be a better choice. However, looking at it from the other side, the less you spend on the resort, the more you can spend on Toy Story merchandise :)