PDA

View Full Version : POFQ rehab

squad51
04-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Is the rehab of french quarter done yet. We are going in june and would love a referb room as this is our first trip in nine years. If the referb is not done yet which buildings are not done yet?

Disney4us2
04-11-2011, 11:13 AM
I think they are either done or working on the last building. I will find out on Saturday when we check in there. Whooohooo:mickey:

WDWCrazyKaren
04-11-2011, 01:47 PM
And the new rooms are fabulous! Flat screens, queen size beds and new vanities in the bathroom. WONDERFUL! :cloud9:

big blue and hairy
04-11-2011, 04:28 PM
I think they are either done or working on the last building. I will find out on Saturday when we check in there. Whooohooo:mickey:

I expect a full report, we'll be there April 29th!! Woo-hoo too!

:sulley:

big blue and hairy
04-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Ahem......report?? :cool:

angiey
04-24-2011, 07:27 AM
Will there be Queen Size Beds in all the rooms at POFQ?

sgdisney
04-24-2011, 08:03 AM
Will there be Queen Size Beds in all the rooms at POFQ?

All rooms except those with king beds will have two queen size beds. If you google port orleans french quarter refurb you should be able to find lots of pictures of the new rooms. I check in on May 19th and was told the refurb would be complete by then.

Disney4us2
04-24-2011, 09:56 AM
We are back from POFQ. I loved it there. On check in at 7:30 am there was a room ready in building 3. That building was just finished the night before. I opted to wait for building #4, even though the room wasn't ready.

By the time our friends arrived the room was ready. We had room 4110. It was a corner room where the buildings meet for the elevator and ice machines. We had a court yard view and the shortest walk to the busses.

The room was beautiful and everything was new. The furniture had 3 large drawers. The referigerator was also in the same unit as the drawers. There was a flat screen TV. A table and 2 chairs. The dressing/bath area was very nice with brown tile floors. The vanity has a double sink with storage below and a shelf just above the sinks. There are hidden Mickeys in the shower curtain, the privacy curtain and the bedspreads.

Mousekeeping was good. We got a couple additional towel animals and birthday cake during our stay.

On arrival at the room, the bathroom was popular. After my friends/dd went to the food court I used the bathroom..... YIKES the toiled didn't flush. I called maintainence, and they were there in 10 minutes. I actually got the toilet to flush before he came:blush:. They have a new system in their tanks. Didn't have any problems after that. I also called for extra towels/soaps/shampoo's and my sharps container. Within a few minutes... I had my order. This time with a sharps container and not a can opener (see my December trip report..lol)

The food court although small was fine. Liked the beef poboy sandwich. The ice cream cones there are so big and it was a snack credit.

I would stay here again if I have the chance to. It was so easy to get around. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

big blue and hairy
04-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Cool! Thanks! Glad you liked it. We'll be there Friday!!