PDA

View Full Version : Disney/Pixar Rare Characters Meet n Greet May 13-15

DisneyFreak1313
04-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally taken from another website:

Disney/Pixar has already taken a prominent role in the 2011 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival at Walt Disney World’s Epcot theme park, but despite the debut of the spectacular Toy Story 3 topiaries, featuring the strawberry-scented Lotso, and the Cars 2 topiaries as well as the Cars 2 ‘Race Around the World Showcase’ activity that leads guests through various checkpoints at countries related to the film for a prize, Walt Disney World is cooking up something extra special for the final weekend of the event, dedicated to Pixar Animation Studios, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year and you will not want to miss any of it!

Guests entering Epcot for Disney/Pixar weekend (May 13-15) will be greeted by Green Army Men who will be passing out special park maps commemorating the event. The maps will included marked locations for the exclusive meet & greet photo opportunities being staged around the park as Disney/Pixar pals from the entire Pixar family want to be on hand to help celebrate.

Planned meet & greets for the Disney/Pixar weekend include:

Carl Fredricksen, Russell and Dug from Disney/Pixar’s UP will be at the Fountain of Nations stage along with an inflatable version of Carl’s house; Mike Wazowski, Sulley, Boo, Smitty, Needleman and George Sanderson from Disney/Pixar’s Monsters, Inc. will be at the Universe of Energy pavilion; Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl and Frozone from Disney/Pixar’s The Incredibles will be at Innoventions West; Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater and the Rust-eze girls from Disney/Pixar’s Cars 2 will be at Test Track; living coral from Disney/Pixar’s Finding Nemo at the Seas with Nemo and Friends pavilion (and Crush at Turtle Talk, of course — no mention of Nemo unfortunately, but always a possibility); Flik, Atta, Gypsy and Slim from Disney/Pixar’s A Bug’s Life at Village Traders (the African Outpost); Remy and Emile from Disney/Pixar’s Ratatouille in France; Buzz, Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, Lotso and Mr. Potatohead from Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story at American Adventure; and, making his Disney Parks debut, Wall-E from Disney/Pixar’s WALL-E at Mission: SPACE.

Each of the photo-ops will also have a special background tying their respective films in with the International Flower and Garden Festival (think Rose Parade) and Disney’s PhotoPass will be on hand to help capture the magic.

All I have to say is WOW....wish I could be there!!!!!!!

Melanie
04-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Uh, may have to make it a point to be over there for this! :sulley:

joanna71985
04-12-2011, 09:40 AM
I'll be there! I'm going at least the first 2 days

White Rose
04-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Holy cow! This is AWESOME. Wall-E is my favorite Pixar character. Oh, I wish I could be there! :crying:

like2workout
04-17-2011, 02:42 PM
now this is really amazing! tons of characters that we don't usually get to meet. thanks, disney!

jpH/keD
04-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Wish I were going too.....:(

rjmdds
04-18-2011, 06:29 PM
This just goes to show you how you never know. That is a great list. Wish I was going to be there.

Joannelet
04-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Ugh! I am leaving the 12th! Waaaaaaah! Maybe I can talk my hubby into staying an extra day!:magic:

asianway
04-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Looks like they ramped this down considerably. This is from the official Disney site for the event:

Special Pixar Meet and Greets
And the Pixar fun will continue throughout World Showcase, where characters from Toy Story, Ratatouille and A Bug’s Life wait to greet guests in three areas of Epcot:

Future World
■Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story at Mission: SPACE
■Mater from Cars and Cars 2 at Test Track
■Living Coral Stiltwalkers at The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Crush at Turtle Talk with Crush
World Showcase
■Woody, Jessie and Bullseye from Toy Story at the American Adventure
■Flick, Atta, Gypsy Moth and stilt walking Slim from A Bug’s Life at the Art of Living Garden
■Remy and Emile from Ratatouille at France
World Showplace
■Mr. & Mrs. Incredible and FroZone from The Incredibles
■Lotso from Toy Story 3
■Mike, Sully, Boo and Smitty from Monster’s Inc.
■Carl, Russell and Dug from Up

Melanie
04-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Very disappointing.

kakn7294
04-23-2011, 11:40 PM
I soooo wish I could be there! I want to see Wall-E!

DisneyFreak1313
04-24-2011, 01:25 PM
I can't believe they would do that...that is terrible........disappointing indeed.

joanna71985
04-24-2011, 04:54 PM
It looks like they pulled Wall-E, Mr. Potato Head, Lightning McQueen and the Rust-eze girls, Needleman and George Sanderson. I wonder why they would do that

asianway
04-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Wall-E is pretty easy. You would be looking at tens of thousands to bring him in from Glendale, including a WDI guy to operate it. I dont think they would let the Push/R2D2 guy do it. The other stuff, probably more cost control to a lesser extent. I wonder if that other site got a hold of the "blue sky" proposal from someone in entertainment.

DisneyFreak1313
04-25-2011, 07:31 PM
can you explain what "blue sky" proposal means? Just so I know for future use! LOL

asianway
04-25-2011, 07:48 PM
In the Imagineering world, it is the initial concept for something assuming money is no object. For example, the initial art for the Indiana Jones adventure at DL had the jeeps in a huge cavern with the Jungle Cruise boats AND the steam train passing through it.

Melanie
04-25-2011, 07:50 PM
In the Imagineering world, it is the initial concept for something assuming money is no object.

Pretty much Tokyo DisneySea. ;)

DisneyFreak1313
04-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Great, thanks for the info asianway!

BTW Melanie, Pitts rules!