PDA

View Full Version : Renting a Car while on Disney Property

princessgirls
04-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Hello my Intercot Friends who I KNOW WILL HAVE THE RIGHT ANSWER...

We want to rent a car for 2 days of our August trip, which company is on property, so I can make the reservation.

Thanks!!

Do I understand correctly, that we can get a ride over to the rental car company, by asking at the resort...Please let me know that too!

Julie:mickey:

vicster
04-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Got this on Info Central:

Rental Cars:
If you are planning to spend more than one day away from Disney property, renting a car may be your best option. Rental rates, depending upon season, type and size of car, and availability run from $20 to $60 per day. If you only need a car for one or two days, your best bet would be National, which is the official car rental agency of Disney. National is located on Disney property and will transport you between their location (Disney's Car Care Center) and your hotel. A rental car gives you the ability to control when and where you go on any of your excursions outside of Disney. If you want to visit an outlet store or a local restaurant before you return the car, you have that freedom, as opposed to the regimented schedules of other services. If you are traveling with small children, child safety seats are available for an additional charge.

mickeyman42
04-11-2011, 11:22 AM
we rented a car 2 years ago when we stayed onsite. we only wanted it for 3 days of our vacation, not the whole week, so we waited and got it from the car care center. we used alamo at the time, the morning I went to pick it up I called (alamo) for a shuttle, 20 minutes later I was on the shuttle (from ASMu), 15 minutes later I was in my car heading back to ASMu. when I dropped it off, I waited 5 minutes for the shuttle back to the hotel. May have just been lucky with the shuttle schedule, but it was the EASIEST thing ever, and I never have any luck with these kinds of things ( my reservation is usually the one that gets lost)

I would use it each and every time if I didn't rent a car from MCO.

CPT Trips
04-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Got this on Info Central:

Rental Cars:
If you are planning to spend more than one day away from Disney property, renting a car may be your best option. Rental rates, depending upon season, type and size of car, and availability run from $20 to $60 per day. If you only need a car for one or two days, your best bet would be National, which is the official car rental agency of Disney. National is located on Disney property and will transport you between their location (Disney's Car Care Center) and your hotel. A rental car gives you the ability to control when and where you go on any of your excursions outside of Disney. If you want to visit an outlet store or a local restaurant before you return the car, you have that freedom, as opposed to the regimented schedules of other services. If you are traveling with small children, child safety seats are available for an additional charge.

I just got off the Alamo site . . . they are now the "Official" rental company. Their rate, renting from the CCC for two days, was $2 less that the rate quoted me from National. Plus they offer 10% discount for prepayment. There is also a discount if you are enrolled in their "Insiders" program.

princessgirls
04-11-2011, 08:44 PM
THANKS!!!

I will be making my reservation through Alamo!!

We need it for two days to go to Universal.

Julie:mickey:

Dopey's Girl
04-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Alamo also has a counter at the dolphin. I'll be picking a car up there in a few weeks!