PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question: What would you do?

tinkman
04-11-2011, 06:42 AM
DW and I will be arriving at OKW on 5/8 and departing on 5/20. For Christmas, DW bought us 7-day tickets with no options. We both love the water parks too. With 12 days (last day is flight day), our intention was for a slow, relaxing vacation, spending a couple days in each park with several trips to the water parks. We also like to eat many of our dinners in Epcot.
My first thought was to upgrade the tickets to 10 days AND get the water park options. Then I was thinking that maybe an annual pass would work better, giving us the flexibility to come and go from the various theme parks, and we could simply pay for the any waterpark trips out-of-pocket. I believe it will be very easy for us to plan another trip within the 12 month window to take advantage of the annual passes.
Just curious what many of you would do?
Thanks for your advice.:mickey:

gerald72
04-11-2011, 07:08 AM
If you are planning another trip within a year - annual pass.
If not, upgrade to 10 day and/ or get water park option.

DizneyRox
04-11-2011, 07:08 AM
At 12 days, it would probably be cheaper to get an AP. If you are coming back in a year, then for sure. Not surewhat these water parks are, but m guessing they aren't full day adventures, so you might benefit from being able to get into a park too.

That's what we do anyway, but we get a $100 discount s the AP price is a little easier to swallow/justify.

sassafras
04-11-2011, 08:21 AM
I'd definitely go with the annual passes. We've been doing this for several years since it didn't cost much more than the length of stay parkhoppers. We manage to plan our trips where we can go at least twice in the year which makes it a better bargain. On the APs we have now, we will make 3 trips. Last Sept., April 30-May 7, and once more in August right before they expire. Just made more sense to us.

faline
04-11-2011, 09:25 AM
I'd cost out how many actual park admissions you plan to determine if the annual pass is worthwhile to you.

Also, determine how many water park admissions you are likely to use and the cost of those (paying out of pocket with annual pass discouns) and/or using a 10-day water parks and more feature.

Comparing in this way will help you determine which might be the best buy for you.

Also, if you have an annual pass, you can get a Tables in Wonderland card for $75 which will provide you with 20% off at most the table service restaruants and lounges and a few of the counter service locations as well (The 20% off includes alcoholic beverages as well).

disneymom15
04-11-2011, 09:34 AM
AP's for sure if you're planning another trip.